Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryken View Post
    You have 2 weeks to do it though, so you don't have to do the 2 hours of digging in a row.
    Well after the first vanished quest I found out it was two weeks but the first quest I had in stormheim I didn't know how long I had so I worked at it slowly. In fact I had read nothing about archaeology in Legion so I didn't even realize the quest would ever go away I thought it was just something you had to complete to progress much like the other profession quests.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fadedmind View Post
    I bet later down the road they'll add account wide items your character that is revered or exalted can buy to boost rep from factions.
    God I hope so. Slowly leveling my alt and I'm not looking forward to grinding that rep out for a 2nd time.

Balance. They had lots of time in beta. They have many knobs that they can tweak. I'm disappointed that they can't simulate or internally test. They have to rely on a week or two of shitty/overpowered performances in live raids to change. In the past, the first couple weeks of raiding create impressions that last the entire tier! It's so important to get it right.

Off topic: I kinda wish people would stop trying to disprove opinions. Has it ever been successful? Think back. Ever?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I don't think it's too much to ask people to give feedback based on actual abilities/testing, not hyperbole. (Celestalon)

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    One? Actually makes it difficult.

Will have to go with the repetitiveness and things required for Alts (Same exact story zones to get to 110 and unlock World Quests, Surumar Grind, AP Grind, Artifact Appearance Grind, 12 Hour Class Campaign Mission bore).
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Deleted
    No reputation based mounts. My favourite thing about leveling to max has always been to grind rep either through dailies/quests/other and to get mounts associated with them. WotLK started me on this with the Argent Tournament with unique quests, easy and rewarding way to grind rep, and amazing mounts to go with them. Pandaria was my next favourite as again the quests were interesting (mostly if not too many) and when you got the mounts you'd remember where they were from, example; cloud serpents, tigers from shado pan, cranes from Golden Lotus.

WoD was even better than what we have thus far in Legion, though I hated how it was just boars/wolves etc dotted around. Not like 'If you get exalted with these people here's 5 boars' it's just boars all over the place with no real significance to them. Yet in Legion...I find myself mount lacking. Yes I know there are some profession based ones, a couple from some secrets or random based quests, but that just doesn't do it for me.

It is really more of a personal thing obviously, and I feel happier about seeing those mounts for 7.1, but I don't know, I honestly just miss rep based ones :<

Quote Originally Posted by Meiluy View Post
    Being locked into a spec for two levels after grabbing your first artifact, only to discover that the changes to it and the other specs make it the weaker of the three for leveling... Shadow Priest, for instance. Leveled as Shadow every expansion since Wrath, and for some reason I can't survive half the encounters I face... wish I'd gone Holy, which is my normal Dungeon and Raid spec. Same with Frost Mage, Frost DK, and WW Monk.
    Uh-oh, I picked Shadow for mine, my second spec is usually Discipline. Wonder what I've signed myself up for now. :P

Paladins are just as bad. Ret has been gutted and the DPS is not there. I've never played prot before, but it seemed like the better option of the two for leveling. A friend of mine came to the same conclusion after initially picking ret as well. He just had to suck it up for 2 levels and banked all his artifact power rewards until he could get the prot weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    Oh, and ret paladins that already have a lore-heavy weapon gets a nice chain, instead of spreading to love between the other classes/specs.
    I was never a fan of Ashbringer as the weapon. Maybe the paladin quests get better, the actual quest for Ashbringer wasn't all that. I've certainly enjoyed the DK class quests far more than paladin so far. The DH ones have been good too.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

How unfriendly the expansion is to off specs and alt leveling.

Deleted
    The zones.

They are beyond beautiful, and that's my problem with them. An expansion centered around the burning legion should be in a dark, menacing, and oppresive place. Instead, the fight against the ultimate enemy in the whole franchise, the harbingers of chaos and destruction in the universe, takes place in the most comfy and peaceful continent in the whole game. Although they are pretty and well made, they seem so sanitized and removed from the whole doomsday scenario of a legion invasion I just don't feel in real danger. I feel like going on a picnic around some flowers in Aszuna, or enjoying a nice wine in Suramar.

There's not one zone that gives you a sense of danger and impending doom, something at which WoW was so good at in the past. I miss the scaryness of Duskwood, the apocalyptic feel of Burning Steppes, the "oh shit" moment when you enter Shadowmoon Valley for the first time, the sight of Icecrown Citadel looming in the horizon, or the sense of wonder as you dive into Vashj'ir or fly into Deepholm. In fact, there's been a trend in the last 3 expansions in which almost all the zones are just conventional landscapes with some fantasy thrown in.

I'm obviously not saying every zone should be chaos incarnate, but I really miss the contrast between "light" and "dark" zones that gave the world so much depth and diversity.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never thought I'd be saying this... but I think I like MoP dailies better than Legion WQs. For all the bullshit with the coins, and certain factions annoying me, I got a much bigger sense of "You are doing things to help a faction" or "There's something meaningful in at least 3 of the quests you did today" lorewise.

Now it's disconnected shit all over the map, helping the Mantid take the hurt to their corrupted Empress or the whole 5.1 storyline replaced with killing harpies, and clicking owls, squirrels and nuts. Oh, and progress bars...
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

How little Nightfallen reputation is gained through the storyline quests. Finished everything I could in the zone and still need a little less than three thousand reputation to unlock the next storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Icecat View Post
    Demon Hunters. Fulfill no niche that isn't already filled. ... This class is completely pointless and we're stuck with it forever.
    I can say the exact same thing about a number of classes and specializations, and even some race/class combinations.

I find it very odd that we are unable to transfer our Artifact Power between specs. We've always been able to switch from one spec to another, they even changed most gear to provide different stats depending on class and spec. But, for some reason, artifact power can only be given to one artifact. Forever. I just don't see the logic behind this decision. There is literally no downside to having the artifacts share the same power. :s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    I never thought I'd be saying this... but I think I like MoP dailies better than Legion WQs. For all the bullshit with the coins, and certain factions annoying me, I got a much bigger sense of "You are doing things to help a faction" or "There's something meaningful in at least 3 of the quests you did today" lorewise.

Now it's disconnected shit all over the map, helping the Mantid take the hurt to their corrupted Empress or the whole 5.1 storyline replaced with killing harpies, and clicking owls, squirrels and nuts. Oh, and progress bars...
    To be honest i like the emissary cache system. But when as you say, makes you go around everywhere and go random stuff it feels weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Uh-oh, I picked Shadow for mine, my second spec is usually Discipline. Wonder what I've signed myself up for now. :P

Paladins are just as bad. Ret has been gutted and the DPS is not there. I've never played prot before, but it seemed like the better option of the two for leveling. A friend of mine came to the same conclusion after initially picking ret as well. He just had to suck it up for 2 levels and banked all his artifact power rewards until he could get the prot weapon.

I was never a fan of Ashbringer as the weapon. Maybe the paladin quests get better, the actual quest for Ashbringer wasn't all that. I've certainly enjoyed the DK class quests far more than paladin so far. The DH ones have been good too.

Yeah, ok, but now I'm talking about how you unlock that hidden appearence - not the quest chain for the actual weapon
    I don't care about Ashbringer at all, but I care about spreading the love somewhat equal form the devs to all classes+specs over a longer period of time.

Deleted
    dps balance.
    random legendaries for idiots that impact the game too much. way too much.

My only gripe is no flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Rigodolfa View Post
    The zones.

They are beyond beautiful, and that's my problem with them. An expansion centered around the burning legion should be in a dark, menacing, and oppresive place. Instead, the fight against the ultimate enemy in the whole franchise, the harbingers of chaos and destruction in the universe, takes place in the most comfy and peaceful continent in the whole game. Although they are pretty and well made, they seem so sanitized and removed from the whole doomsday scenario of a legion invasion I just don't feel in real danger. I feel like going on a picnic around some flowers in Aszuna, or enjoying a nice wine in Suramar.

There's not one zone that gives you a sense of danger and impending doom, something at which WoW was so good at in the past. I miss the scaryness of Duskwood, the apocalyptic feel of Burning Steppes, the "oh shit" moment when you enter Shadowmoon Valley for the first time, the sight of Icecrown Citadel looming in the horizon, or the sense of wonder as you dive into Vashj'ir or fly into Deepholm. In fact, there's been a trend in the last 3 expansions in which almost all the zones are just conventional landscapes with some fantasy thrown in.

I'm obviously not saying every zone should be chaos incarnate, but I really miss the contrast between "light" and "dark" zones that gave the world so much depth and diversity.
    I respectfully disagree.

I mean, I suppose I can see the point youre going for, but Shadowmoon valley and Outland as a whole were ravaged years upon years ago. The Legion arrived at the Broken Isles 2 weeks ago. It wouldnt make sense for the entire landscape to decay a day after they got to shore. These zones were normal places...Home of the druids....etc etc.

You talk about "conventional landscapes" being a weakness (which also makes no sense - Suramar, Highmountain, Val Sharah are far from "conventional landscapes", seriously?)....and then complain that more zones arent like Duskwood, which is.... a spooky forest. Not saying Duskwood is bad - but its far from the most original zone in WoW. I am all for trashing the past few expansions and Blizzards decisions during them, but to say the zones were generic landscapes with fantasy thrown in isn't really fair at all.

Major lore characters have been absolutely destroyed in front of our eyes over the questing experience, but you say Stitches and a couple ghosts at Raven Hill cemetary is more of an apocolyptic feeling mood.

Plus...Dalaran is literally floating above the Tomb of Sargares, literally one of the most powerful villians EVER in lore. Fel energy is beaming into the sky and the entire ambeince around it is dark, sullen. Much more imminent than ICC ever felt in Wrath Dalaran. I mean hell - go back to Northrend Dalaran. The whole vibe of the place is much brighter.
    Last edited by Shullski; 2016-09-16 at 05:17 PM.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Personally I prefer WQ a lot over dailies. I also don't mind progress bars(unless they take a lot of time to fill up) as they are awesome for me as a healer and there aren't a lot of other players around for me to "leech" on. It seems to me like a lot of people don't realize that just clicking stuff gives more % than actually killing the mobs :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rigodolfa View Post
    The zones.

I like beautiful, peaceful zones a lot.

I don't mind dark zones either(like Dread Wastes), but I don't really like it when Blizzard takes a beautiful zone and turn parts of it "ugly dark" with ruins and shit, but then don't revert it when the danger is kind of dealt with(thinking of Vale of Eternal Blossoms here - I really dislike the sha areas).

Biggest gripe: the shittyness of Elemental PvP.

Legendaries being a random drop.
    Hi

forced to pve for gear as a pvper

I have a few but the one that currently tops the list is the utter shit show that is crafting.