Thread: Leywalker Dro

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Leywalker Dro

any tips on dealing with this?

I thought you were suposed to get a warning about him - was doing the event today and he popped up with no warning and before I could even react most of my withered were dead.

The tanks in my guild absolutely faceroll this scenario, often with like 40 withered or more on 90%+ health at the end. It really helps to have loads of stuns and interrupts I know, I gave it a go with the Felguard, Axe Toss is extremely useful, but maybe the Infernal can tank and agro better. I;ve heard it suggested you attack with the infernal, and then manually move it away from the army to stop the arcane things damaging them (interrupting the final Unstable cast, which I;d use Meteor Strike or Mortal Coil for example)

But th emain holdup is Dro, several times he's just appeared and slaughtered all my withered in about a second. Literally, he appears and bang, they are all dropped like flies. Without that little warning thing by Thyrissa I thought you were supposed to get? And yes, I avoid attacking the webbed victims. He seems to pop up out of nowwhere in the big arc shaped area with the spiders. I'm aware that he needs ot be kited and his charges stopped, but it was quite literally less thn a second and most of my withered were dead before I could do anything.
    Last edited by mmoc7a6bdbfc72; 2016-09-16 at 09:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    any tips on dealing with this?

I thought you were suposed to get a warning about him - was doing the event today and he popped up with no warning and before I could even react most of my withered were dead.

The tanks in my guild absolutely faceroll this scenario, often with like 40 withered or more on 90%+ health at the end. It really helps to have loads of stuns and interrupts I know, I gave it a go with the Felguard, Axe Tosee is extremely useful, but maybe the Infernal can tank and agro better

But th emain holdup is Dro, several times he's just appeared and slaughtered all my withered in about a second. Literally, he appears and bang, they are all dropped like flies. Without that little warning thing by Thyrissa I thought you were supposed to get?
    She says "Look out!" when he spawns, usually. It is not really reliable though. If your withered die that fast, then you are doing something wrong. They should be pretty much at full health by the time he spawns, since he is pretty much the only thing in there that should deal any significant damage to your withered.

First 1-2 runs: Grab every chest you can before the Dro area.

After that, set withered to aggressive against bosses, and spam fear on the bosses. When mana drops low, life tap, repeat. It is also a good idea to spec into additional CC, anything to interrupt casts is good to have. Making your infernal / VW engage enemies first (Order it to attack before you cast spells), and keeping it + enemies at a distance from your withered also helps a lot (In my experience).

That said, Dro can still be annoying as all hell. His charge thing seems very buggy to me, and sometimes he doesn't care if I stun or fear him and just keeps on charging while stunned / feared.

First time I got to Dro I killed him with just 1 Withered. Took forever but I was just spamming instants and fear.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Spec demo with service, then you have 3 stuns. First stun is your felguard to start the CD counting down, then your service demon for another stun, then the infernal. After the infernal your regular felguard's stun should be up again. If you stun Dro whenever he does the charge attack, you can stop most of the dmg done to your little boys.

*shrug* i just do the encounter as destro, usualy around 20-25 withered when i meet him at wich point i just Fear every other spell, like literarly Imo -> fear -> cb -> fear -> cb -> fear -> conf -> conf -> fear.... he drops pretty fast with 25 withered set on aggro. Going SB, Cata, FnB, Dark pact, Service (for wraiths), and... well last one realy doesn't matter. FnB also doesn't matter could go for eradication instead but i took just for the packs of spiders under the shattered locus

One "tip" is that the place is realy buggy (hah), the enemy withered inside cocoons... SOME of them (presumeably decided by moon logic) have a huge like 2/300 yd aggro range pulling every spider to attack them (Dro is hotile to them as well), and Dro has an infinite range tp (added so ppl didn't just CC and ignore him).

What i do is i body pull everything after the shattered locus , about 4-5 packs of Fal'dorei, into the corridor, withered set on passive will NOT attack anything untill you damage it, so i body pull them to get them away from the webbed victims, kill em, then just break the 4-6 cocoons in that area and that'll allmost guaranteed make Dro show up.... into my waiting arms <3

It's a fairly commond misconception that Dro patrolls and that's why he just jumps you randomly. Flase DHers have proven that he's stealth and stands still (has like 10 different spawn points tho). Why people thinks he patrols is because he'll usualy tp to one of the hostile withered your friendly withered's stones broke free.
    Last edited by PowerOfTwo; 2016-09-16 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    First time I got to Dro I killed him with just 1 Withered. Took forever but I was just spamming instants and fear.
    Dro won't do his blinking attack that makes mincemeat of withered if you only have one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Slybak View Post
    Dro won't do his blinking attack that makes mincemeat of withered if you only have one of them.
    That's what I was struggling with/getting irritated with. Would go in with like 12 withered and come out with less than half. Of course I never thought about the fear spamming method people here have mentioned so that's a thing for me to try.

Deleted
    Yes, the main issue I had was that

(a) he appeared totally without warning and

(b) most of the withered were dead on the floor before I could do anything

This scenario is a total faceroll for melee and particularly tanks, who can pull everything onto themselves and chain-stun-interrupt, and it's a pain in the arse for casters, and absolutely awful for affliction, which has virtually nothin gin the way of stuns and lol "fear" which breaks on damage, i.e. breaks instantly, so you have to spam it.

It's like proving grounds, I wondered why that was a pain in the arse as affliction and thought I was a terrible player. Then I did it with my hunter alt and thought "ah"

PS, it didn;t help that I forgot to put my pet on assist and he, err, let some mobs run riot among my withered quite a few times lol, which is why they were low health

I'd also guess that the scenario is designed around you progressing, i.e. the first runs you gather the buff chests and then move on

It's just that tank classes absolutely faceroll the place, because they can take everything themselves, have stacks and stacks of stuns/interrupts and frankly do far too much damage for being tanks
    Last edited by mmoc7a6bdbfc72; 2016-09-17 at 06:59 AM.

I've full cleared the scenario a few times now as destro, this is what I do.

1. Run Destro with Supremacy and Shadowfury, start with a Doomguard to interrupt the mana wraiths.
    2. Take it very slow, and only put your withered into mayhem when necessary, such as fighting a boss. They have a tendency to aggro unnecessary things when in mayhem.
    3. Once you get into the main hallway (the sort of circle shaped that has the middle rooms with spider webs) switch to the infernal. Continue to take it slow.
    4. I have the Lord of Flames trait, so I will actually not use my Infernal stun until Dro pops up.
    5. Once Dro inevitable jumps you, stun his blade dash with Infernal stun. Put your withered into mayhem.
    6. Pop every CD you have, 3 charges of Dimensional Rift.
    7. Be prepared to Shadowfury his next blade dash. If he lives long enough to get a third or fourth blade dash make sure to CC it in some way. If Shadowfury or Infernal stun isn't up, Fear him.
    8. Keep an eye on your withered. Prioritize being near them and quickly catching them if they run.

After Dro is dead feel free to run either Doomguard or Infernal. Infernal is pretty useful for tanking mobs for your withered but Doomguard is required to interrupt the Wraiths.
    Shadowfury is also more or less required to kill the Ettin boss. Let him cast the grab withered, Infernal stun the first stomp, let him cast the grab withered, Shadowfury the second stomp.
    Last edited by Draxtor; 2016-09-17 at 07:07 AM.

Deleted
    Dumb question, do I need to stop the arcane ammunition or is it really just the unstable explosion thing I need to worry about?

I'm only doing the withered thing as a time filler so only done it a couple of time, I guess practise makes perfect.

It seems horrible to do as affliction, same as the old proving grounds were.

Just fear them and put your withered on berserk (might have to rebeserk them to keep them attacking)
    Wish we had a reliable interrupt to do it normal, but this works.

ps: youtube has a fair ammount of withered army video's, so take a look there as well.

The easiest way to do Dro is simply use permanent doomguard and whenever Dro appears use Cripple.
    It slows her by 80% and you can basically just walk away from her while your withered murders her on Mayhem
    Last edited by Dastey; 2016-09-17 at 09:02 AM.

Deleted
    You can just spam fear non stop on all the arcane dudes cast, including explosion.

Deleted
    Someone just posted a really good guide on YouTube doing it as affliction+infernal, so I'll give that a go

As I said, I'm only doing it as a timefiller, but unfrotunately most of the advice from guild I get is

"Just stun them and then burn them down"

Three of them faceroll it, yeah, two warriors and a paladin. Who'd have guessed?

Once you've gotten most of the stuff from the place, he's pretty faceroll. Today, my withered army of ~30 murdered him before I even really finished my opener.

Deleted
    as destro with 1 Withered + Bluberry.
    Nuke him hard, when he kills your voidy pop defensive cd / fear him, resummon voidy.
    Rinse repeat till dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    killed him with alot of kiting
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

7+ Year Old Account
    idk ive never had a problem with him

infernal tanks him well i turn my withered into enrage mode, he will bring them down about 10% now (would bring them down about 40% when i started) and hes not much of a issue, how many withered are you bringing in, and how much health% do they have when they reach there?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    I had fifteen and fecked up by forgetting the felguard was on passive, so a few times the mobs got in to have a go at my withered lol

Only my second time in there and I spent some withered on a chest (the wrong one, it turns out, I got the banker one lol)

Don't mock the elderly and feeble minded )