Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    I hate that they secretly hotfix every shit without telling anyone... newest blizzard's "fuck you" is they nerfed the WoD back enchants... no longer gives 10% movement speed only 2%.
    Without telling anyone? There was both a blue post and patchnotes about the cloak enchant nerf.

Well I think a lot of people are exemplifying the problem here. What you need to understand, is that a geared and experienced player can carry the dungeon to a point they can almost solo it if they are a tank.

I do not believe for a moment that you were ever kicked for this, but it is very obvious based on the examples here that many people would learn towards feeling this way because they don't understand the facts of the matter.

Here is an example that was posted in this thread.

I healed a bear who thought he was god yesterday, constantly pulling 3 packs while I was oom on my holy priest and pretty much everyone died a lot apart from him (he was in 845 gear, the rest of us were not.. defo not my priest at 820). Nobody got kicked, but one of the dps left after dying 3 times. My armor durability went from 100% to 40% that dungeon. If you do stuff like this OP... yeah, I would try to kick you unless you bring guildies to make you kick immune like this bear did. It's no fun to have 200g repairs just to finish a heroic.
    You see how this is an issue immediately.
    He IS a god at 845 in a heroic. He can solo the dungeon. The DPS dying is their own fault, and you as well if you were a healer. The dungeon does not get more difficult depending on how you approach it.

Pulling 3 packs or 1 pack, the facts are the same. You use stuns and interrupts liberally, and use CDs as often as you can.
    The biggest mistake inexperienced players make in dungeons is thinking CDs are only for bosses, when in reality the TRASH is typically far more dangerous and time consuming.

But ya, in that example, the individual only has a 200 gold repair bill because they are not experienced enough to know how to traverse a dungeon properly. Slow or fast, the danger does not change. Being out of mana does not mean the group should stop.

You mitigate these issues by playing smart with the tools you have, not by kicking some one.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Getting kicked because you're too easy to heal, you're making that up. Getting kicked because you are going to fast? Absolutely believe that, the existence of the "impatient tank" is real and is a very real problem. Especially with these world quests that require you kill a mini-boss, or when a chest spawns in an instance. I'll ask about it in chat and the typical tank response is either nothing at all, they ignore chat and feel that only they matter, or they'll respond with a refusal because, again, only they matter and anyone who needs the kill/chest should just leave. I have absolutely initiated kicks against tanks for that, and they are successful every time because there are a lot of people who are sick of impatient tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    This didn't happen.
    I buy it. I've been kicked for the stupidest things possible. Outside of the guild groups that like to goad people into "getting kicked", I've been kicked right before and after bosses for not saying anything and healing the team. I've been kicked because a demon hunter kept getting hit by 1 shot mechanics and complained I sucked at healing. The real issue here too many people don't think when they see a vote kick, they just click yes. I got kicked the other day in a random heroic. Kept everyone healed full through a tank that had literally never been in Black Rook. Asked me where to go. Then he accused me of pulling mobs at the pack before the second boss where after you kill the first 5, 5 more fall from the ceiling. He then vote kicked me and they approved, even though (you'll have to take my word) he was awful, and the group was barely scraping through that dungeon. A lot of people seem to get very upset for no reason at all, and they think the recourse is to kick someone. I feel like this is actually one of those situations where words like "triggered" and "safe space" are applicable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    Getting kicked because you're too easy to heal, you're making that up. Getting kicked because you are going to fast? Absolutely believe that, the existence of the "impatient tank" is real and is a very real problem. Especially with these world quests that require you kill a mini-boss, or when a chest spawns in an instance. I'll ask about it in chat and the typical tank response is either nothing at all, they ignore chat and feel that only they matter, or they'll respond with a refusal because, again, only they matter and anyone who needs the kill/chest should just leave. I have absolutely initiated kicks against tanks for that, and they are successful every time because there are a lot of people who are sick of impatient tanks.
    So what you're saying is because you want to go slow, it's okay to boot someone who isn't endangering your run at all, outside of making it go faster? It's people like you that make me hate doing random heroics. It'd be nice if they could segregate us into those who want to "enjoy" the run, and those who want to get that shit over with.

Yeah, this is 100% not real. You're just trying to brag about your ilvl and being a super 1337 tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't see a disc priest pulling 10k dps...

chances are what happened-
    got yelled at for going to fast, casters ya know, like to finish casts, disc and pala don't ahve good aoe
    disc stopped attackign while talking to pld in VoIP

without atonement and shields, you fell over dead.
    you went from taking no damage, to taking enough a dot killed you, it was done on purpose.

which gives credence to the people saying you were most likely a jerk about being asked to slow down.

edit-- just saw part ya died was on a hunter in a different group, still calling BS on disc only doing 10k dps, unelss they were actually healing, and not smite spamming.
    Last edited by Christan; 2016-09-17 at 07:47 PM.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Humble brag of something that never happened.

Incredibly sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Second time i get kicked off my casual HC farming for artifact power cause i am bored because:

1)"You go too fast"

2)"You dont need gear to be here"

I literally got kicked because "i dont take damage and go to fast"

Do note, healer was at 70% mana and above at all times, on my Protection Warrior 848 ilevel.

The first kick was a few days ago "You are no fun to heal"

This is the second time this happens.

Also, on my hunter alt right now at Neltharion's Lair at 104 level i have a group with 2 healers (A disc queued as DPS that heals only and does 10K dps when he remembers once every 5 packs) and i still DIED to slow ticking damage DESPITE HAVING 2 HEALERS, the holy paladin and the disc "DPS".

I wil gladly take less subs than these pathetic groups.

I hate WoW at the start of each expansion, and this particular one is extra pathetic.
    Was kicked the other day by a healer whom I outhealed. His excuse? *ucking bad tank.

But I got my revenge. Made them wipe three time before they kicked me after that
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    Depends if you were doing something stupid.

If all your group are casters with ground targeted aoe and you never stop moving then it's annoying as a pint of piss. If you're gathering them all up that's fine, but some tanks literally never stand still, so stuff takes longer to die.

If you pulled a bunch of healing aura mobs (the ones in DHT) so it actually took longer for stuff to die than if you'd pulled properly, like a tank did in a dungeon I was in recently, then that's not going fast. That's pulling loads of mobs because you think that's what to do to speed up a dungeon without understanding what anything in the dungeon does.

If you're doing something that you think is fast because you're tanking loads of mobs (BIG NUMBERS! - DERP), but actually just slows down the dungeon overall, then it's going to annoy people.
    So what you're saying is that if the guy who took the thankless job of tanking mobs so you can stand their like a prick and "pewpew" doesn't do it the way you like it, he should get kicked? And people think that OP is LYING?!? The irony is so thick in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Well I think a lot of people are exemplifying the problem here. What you need to understand, is that a geared and experienced player can carry the dungeon to a point they can almost solo it if they are a tank.

I do not believe for a moment that you were ever kicked for this, but it is very obvious based on the examples here that many people would learn towards feeling this way because they don't understand the facts of the matter.

Here is an example that was posted in this thread.

You see how this is an issue immediately.
    He IS a god at 845 in a heroic. He can solo the dungeon. The DPS dying is their own fault, and you as well if you were a healer. The dungeon does not get more difficult depending on how you approach it.

Pulling 3 packs or 1 pack, the facts are the same. You use stuns and interrupts liberally, and use CDs as often as you can.
    The biggest mistake inexperienced players make in dungeons is thinking CDs are only for bosses, when in reality the TRASH is typically far more dangerous and time consuming.

But ya, in that example, the individual only has a 200 gold repair bill because they are not experienced enough to know how to traverse a dungeon properly. Slow or fast, the danger does not change. Being out of mana does not mean the group should stop.

You mitigate these issues by playing smart with the tools you have, not by kicking some one.
    Lol, you think pulling multiple packs makes the facts the same suggests you've never played an MMO in your life. Pulling 1 pack, a group might have enough interrupts and stuns to lock down the thing that casts a huge AoE without it getting off. Now there are 3 packs, each with one of those. The group does not have enough to prevent this mob from casting every single time, so they start taking heavy damage that is unavoidable.

I'm not saying dungeons are hard, but your ignorance of "He is a god and you taking damage is your fault, not his!" is just laughable.

Wow! That sounds like it could totally happen!
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    i don't see a disc priest pulling 10k dps...

chances are what happened-
    got yelled at for going to fast, casters ya know, like to finish casts, disc and pala don't ahve good aoe
    disc stopped attackign while talking to pld in VoIP

without atonement and shields, you fell over dead.
    you went from taking no damage, to taking enough a dot killed you, it was done on purpose.

which gives credence to the people saying you were most likely a jerk about being asked to slow down.

edit-- just saw part ya died was on a hunter in a different group, still calling BS on disc only doing 10k dps, unelss they were actually healing, and not smite spamming.
    Was gonna write a long post until i noticed your edit.

Actually they were both only healing the tank, the disc priest with Shadow Mend (He did heal me once! during a trash pack!) 24/7 while casting a smite now and then only on bosses, and as i said, 10K DPS.

The Paladin was busy yelling at the priest to spec something different for about 5mins, until he realized he is getting ignored and started Holy shocking for DPS, he did say something along "Should i go retri?" Multiple times to the priest but as i said, amazing stuff going on.

I wish i made the shit up but the death on my hunter was the reason for this post, had to vent.

The tank thing happened around 3 hours before the hunter alt and was just to vent it out cause i still cant believe it.

Its a big /care if people on here believe me or not, people on here are exactly as the people in LFG, thats why i dont really bother answering to their posts xD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Was kicked the other day by a healer whom I outhealed. His excuse? *ucking bad tank.

But I got my revenge. Made them wipe three time before they kicked me after that
    I never got yelled for outhealing them with IP, thank god, i just get the occasional "you are boring to heal", seen it like 5 times since the start of Legion with one ending up as a kick, this was around 5 days ago, and last night where i got kicked for rushing in HoV, with no one dying, after Hyrja died, poof! "You are going too fast".
    Last edited by potis; 2016-09-17 at 08:08 PM.

Yeah, no, you definitely did something wrong/annoying such as allowing others to die or being elitist and that's what got you kicked, but your ego can't handle not being a world class pro warrior so you rationalize it into being kicked because you're "too good."

Simple psychology, nothing to see here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah.... I think this is more a bad player trying to rush without being really aware of the mechanics of teamwork. You hate the beginning of expansions because you are just a bad player that requires VASTLY overgeared teammates to protect your poor play style.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Yeah.... I think this is more a bad player trying to rush without being really aware of the mechanics of teamwork. You hate the beginning of expansions because you are just a bad player that requires VASTLY overgeared teammates to protect your poor play style.
    You win the reading award.

More like you got kicked cause of your toxic attitude towards the other lesser geared players in your run.

I see this all the time while farming gear on my alt. the "Rush Rush, GO GO!" 840+ tank hissyfitting everyone not performing on his level of play because he wants to finish the run as fast as heavenly possible. We kick you not because you're a "god" but because of your attitude.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Slow down, dude. You go too fast. Majority of the group want it slower? Go slower!

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    You win the reading award.
    And you win the most bullshit story award.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been kicked for being overgeared and "not fun" to heal. I wasn't pulling slow or fast, steady pace, no one died but 4 guildies and me the PUG. I way outgeared the heroics at that time and was nearly doubling the DPS damage.
    Last edited by tj119; 2016-09-17 at 08:21 PM.

Don't think we have the full story here. Either way don't believe this happened.