Deleted

Budget laptop for school with a special requirement

Right, Im in need of a laptop for my final year of school and this year we are required to have a laptop for final exams that NEED to be able to start school OS by USB stick. I've been reading about this on my countrys' website but there's so many people recommending laptops and then next one bashing the said laptop so I'm a bit at a loss. The laptop is basically for Office programs, surfing and youtube as well as for the finals. So far I've looked into the "Lenovo Ideapad 100 and 100s" but people been saying they are terrible as well...

Here's some of the requirements for it:

Budget: ~500€ (the cheaper the better)
    Resolution: Doesn't matter
    Games / Settings Desired: I don't need to play games with it.
    Any other intensive software or special things you do: Being able to do some basic photoshopping would be nice, however it's not required.
    Do you need an OS?: Yes, though usually they come with one, 7 or 10 is fine.
    Do you need peripherals: Nope

Think that's all I could think of. Thanks for any help!

Deleted
    Free bump, unfortunately I can't help you but maybe someone else sees it.

I recommend:

Lenovo B51-80 (4405U/4GB/508GB/No OS), 281.14 Euros in Greece. Since Greece has got the highest VAT in the EU (24%), this laptop is guaranteed to be sold cheaper in Finland.

Specs:15.6"@1366x768, CPU: Intel Pentium Dual Core 4405U 2.1 GHz, RAM: 4 GB, GPU: Intel HD Graphics 510, HDD: 508 GB Hybrid, No OS, Weighs: 2.3 k

As far as the OS is concerned, either buy a license separately or just install Windows 7 (it's free) with a USB stick. Instructions on how to do this can be found on the net.

The CPU has got a passmark single-threaded benchmark score of 1181, which means that everything will feel snappy and fast. You can even play old games on this laptop, such as WoW Vanilla, and even newer games in low settings.

Good luck.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.