Page 1 of 2
LastLast

will DH get a nerf?

seriously the amount of heal, dmg they do is out of this world... dont let me mention the jump which is completely broken (nice concept but either you give it to everyone or its broken).

10+ Year Old Account
    Subjective criticism is subjective.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Deleted
    We can one shot but we are also one shoted.
    I don't think there is anything wrong with us. I always have a hard time on BG's if i dont play carefully and pick my fights meticulously.

I think WW Monk is more overpowered than us demon hunters
    Exactly the same kit of demon hunters but with more utility.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I don't think there is anything wrong with us. I always have a hard time on BG's if i dont play carefully and pick my fights meticulously.

Monks don't have nearly as much self healing.

For pve they already are getting nerfed, and for pvp hopefully they will get nerfed along with rogues soon.

You mean the new class is op? Who would of thought that? It will take some time but of course they will get nerfed.

No, it's Blizzard new money making machine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    Monks don't have nearly as much self healing.

For pve they already are getting nerfed, and for pvp hopefully they will get nerfed along with rogues soon.
    Touch of karma heals you to full HP if the oponent decides to keep hiting you. It's WAY better than demon form because it have the potential to heal you even if you cant hit someone like a rogues/DH evasion or a paladin buble or if you are stunned/kited.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    seriously the amount of heal they do is out of this world...
    So they popped a four minute CD and you did what?

Let me guess, tanked Fury of the Illidary.

The DH burst damage is quite high but the amount of idiots I've seen stand on Fury of the Illidari is just insane.
    The problem with Fury of the Illidari is it's short duration. If it did the same damage over, say, 5 seconds I think that'd be better and give the idiots a longer chance at getting out.

But staying in that is about as stupid as attacking the monk that but ToK on you. You kite and wait. After DH cd's are popped they aren't that strong and their Meta is a very long cd so you have time to pop yours and eat them. DH's are particularly weak survival wise.

Now rogues... I can't seem to get them off of me for the life of me. I need to level mine to figure out the full details of why but I'll worry about that later.

What classes one shot you? Just wondering because of um... curiousity.

seriously the amount of heal, dmg they do is out of this world... dont let me mention the jump which is completely broken (nice concept but either you give it to everyone or its broken).
    DH isnt Op or even close imo.. it takes skills to get the amount of healing and it requires gear as well as correct stats.

infact its pretty underpowered and Very Fragile u can easily get oneshot as a DH tank even with 3mil hp because your armor is So low your just taking Full dmg like a dps or mage even..

Demons hunters are the death knights of Wotlk. Expect many nerfs with the upcomming patches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably...if we go by DK's...the hero class will rule for their expansion then be nerfed in line the next.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by h4vok View Post
    What classes one shot you? Just wondering because of um... curiousity.
    Now that you mention it...other demon hunters XD Maybe i am wrong

But rogues and WW Monks are impossible to beat 1v1

I also got oneshoted by a ench shaman i dont know why.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2016-09-17 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    The DH burst damage is quite high but the amount of idiots I've seen stand on Fury of the Illidari is just insane.
    The problem with Fury of the Illidari is it's short duration. If it did the same damage over, say, 5 seconds I think that'd be better and give the idiots a longer chance at getting out.

But staying in that is about as stupid as attacking the monk that but ToK on you. You kite and wait. After DH cd's are popped they aren't that strong and their Meta is a very long cd so you have time to pop yours and eat them. DH's are particularly weak survival wise.

Now rogues... I can't seem to get them off of me for the life of me. I need to level mine to figure out the full details of why but I'll worry about that later.
    Kite a demon hunter, that's a pretty good joke. This thread is pretty silly though, you got the 3 most op classes(monk, demon hunter and rogues) saying that they aren't op because the other 2 classes exist. I recommend trying to play a caster, especially one that's not mage and then see how you feel about those 3 classes.

It is still nothing like DK at WotLK.
    (All talents trees can dps and tank better then everyone else)

In PvP even noob can destroy anyone including healer

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    Kite a demon hunter, that's a pretty good joke. This thread is pretty silly though, you got the 3 most op classes(monk, demon hunter and rogues) saying that they aren't op because the other 2 classes exist. I recommend trying to play a caster, especially one that's not mage and then see how you feel about those 3 classes.
    Weird because my words where:

The DH burst damage is quite high
    But are you telling me that you would keep attacking a monk with ToK on you? If so then that would explain why you aren't getting it. It's similar for DH's. And yes, they can be kited. Saying they can't means you haven't PvP'ed enough. DH's are also very fragile as well. Once they blow their wad there is very little dps coming out after that and almost no survivability. It's not impossible to get them to eat a large chunk of their meta and get a healthy distance from them.

Also, I play a lock, frost mage (still leveling this one), ele shaman, and am also in the process of getting a druid up and will run bal/resto. So feed me another one about range. Anything max level has, at least, a level 13 weapon. I generally don't go further past that right now unless I don't have a choice (e.g. my mains).

You're also funny.. considering I don't WW much.. I generally mistweave. So talk to me again about range when you learn how to heal then see how you feel about the dynamics of PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    Weird because my words where:

But are you telling me that you would keep attacking a monk with ToK on you? If so then that would explain why you aren't getting it. It's similar for DH's. And yes, they can be kited. Saying they can't means you haven't PvP'ed enough. DH's are also very fragile as well. Once they blow their wad there is very little dps coming out after that and almost no survivability. It's not impossible to get them to eat a large chunk of their meta and get a healthy distance from them.

Also, I play a lock, frost mage (still leveling this one), ele shaman, and am also in the process of getting a druid up and will run bal/resto. So feed me another one about range. Anything max level has, at least, a level 13 weapon. I generally don't go further past that right now unless I don't have a choice (e.g. my mains).

You're also funny.. considering I don't WW much.. I generally mistweave. So talk to me again about range when you learn how to heal then see how you feel about the dynamics of PvP.
    I've been gladiator multiple times, I'd say I have a decent pvp experience. Obviously I wouldn't hit into touch of karma, monks are almost as bad as demon hunters for sure. I probably should have mentioned I play priest, as both healer and shadow. Please do tell me how I'm supposed to kite a demon hunter like that.

Also while meta indeed does turn them into an almost unstoppable killing machine, its not like demon hunters are weak without it, it's not without reason they generally top damage in bg's and arena. Even if I'm constantly fighting and dotting everything it can still be hard to beat demon hunters on damage done, even though clearly spread pressure should do more damage overall.

The point of Demon Hunter's (dps) was to bring a class much closer to twitch playstyle. If that is your cup of tea, then this is the class for you. WW monks were a prototype of this style, which isn't to say that this play style was pioneered for WW monks...Blizzard wasn't committed fully to the idea yet. What gave them the inclination that people enjoyed that way to play is beyond me (I personally love my WW monk) Monks are always in the bottom 3 for class representation in the game. As for being more powerful....that is subjective, it might be the most subjective of differences with classes in this expansion.
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

yes we heal because we have too. As we take way too much damage the healers cant even keep up.