Deleted

Artifact Quests using an unintended spec

So I got the Marksmanship artifact quest and I didn't feel like changing spec (Playing BM) just for the questline and when the game promted that I needed to change spec I just exited out of it and could continue, it seems to work however I might have noticed a thing blizz might have put in just in case someone did the Artifact Quests as a different spec than intended. The mobs in the scenario that to get the bow was hitting like trucks (100-300k per hit). Which made that part quite the challange, however not impossible so I actully managed to get past it without ever changing to marksman.

So I was wondering if this is true for all artifact questlines that it makes the whole thing alot harder if you are using another spec than intended?

Did all of my artifacts as destro and almost all of my druid ones as guardian. There were only a few parts where I had to switch specs (boomkin solar beam to interrupt and heal for the healing artifact) but outside of those parts, I was able to deal with everything in 1 spec.

I accidentally did the prot warrior questline as fury - died a few times but it's definitely doable.

All the artifact questlines i've encountered so far don't lose progress upon death.

Deleted
    Ah, I see. So it seems like it is a lot harder if u are using a different spec than intended for all artifact questlines. But why tho? I mean most questlines for the artifact weapon does not have anything that you need to do thats uniqe to the spec.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    My dk was ilvl 700 at the start for frost artifact and it was nearly impossible for me, mobs were brutal. I changed to blood and facerolled it.

Quote Originally Posted by Glaziola View Post
    My dk was ilvl 700 at the start for frost artifact and it was nearly impossible for me, mobs were brutal. I changed to blood and facerolled it.
    Yeah, mine was 670 and it wasn't the faceroll experience I expected after the Hunter and Lock ones.

They don't hit harder, they always hit that hard for the MM quest. The MM quest focuses on kiting your enemy, even the final boss spawns adds that freeze you when you touch it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've done at least a dozen different artifact quests so far, and the MM artifact quest is way overtuned, mainly the Felguards.

Deleted
    Well as smarth Hunter i simply do the MM quest first then i do rest 2 imidietly on 102
    I do same with toons who have tank specs because bigger the level is more times you have to die till complete them and like DKs for example after you get tank artefact DPS ones are walk in the park

I did the MM one as BM- the mobs hit that hard because you're not intended to be pet tanking them, you're intended to be playing MM and kiting. They don't scale up or anything if you're in the "wrong" spec- they always hit that hard.