View Poll Results: Which hyped up new show will die first?

Voters
31. This poll is closed
  • Lethal Weapon

14 45.16%
  • This Is Us

1 3.23%
  • No Tomorrow

0 0%
  • Speechless

0 0%
  • Insecure

0 0%
  • Westworld

1 3.23%
  • Pitch

4 12.90%
  • Atlanta

1 3.23%
  • The Good Place

1 3.23%
  • Designated Survivor

3 9.68%
  • Son of Zorn

5 16.13%
  • Better Things

0 0%
  • The Great Indoors

0 0%
  • Kevin Can Wait

1 3.23%
  • Man With a Plan

0 0%
Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

[TV] Your Show Has Been Canceled 2016-2017 season

September 19 is the start of a new TV season, there will be winners, there will be losers, and others will just disappear from sight. Will your favorite show make it all the way through the season, or will it go the way of the dodo, never to be seen again?

Since we don't yet have a cancellation, let's start the season off with a poll. Above are 15 of the most hyped new shows for this season. Which is your odds on choice to bite the bullet first?

My choice for first cancellation is Designated Survivor, Kiefer Sutherland has a bad track record with anything that isn't 24.

CANCELED
    American Gothic (CBS)
    Any Given Wednesday with Bill Simmons (HBO) NEW ADDITION
    Aquarius (NBC)
    Ax Men (History)
    Braindead (CBS)
    Dead of Summer (Freeform)
    NEW ADDITION
    Guilt (Freeform)
    Murder in the First (TNT)
    Not Safe with Nikki Glaser (Comedy Central)
    NEW ADDITION

ENDING

Bates Motel (A&E) premieres 2017
    Black Sails (Starz) TBD 2017
    Bloodline (Netflix) TBD 2017
    ​Bones (FOX) premieres 2017
    Comedy Bang! Bang! (IFC) premieres 10/25/16
    Episodes (Showtime) TBD 2017
    Girls (HBO) TBD 2017
    Grimm (NBC) premieres 2017
    Halt and Catch Fire (AMC)
    Longmire (Netflix) 2017
    NEW ADDITION
    MARVEL'S Ultimate Spider-man vs The Sinister Six (DXD) ends Jan 2017
    Orphan Black (BBCA) TBD 2017
    Pretty Little Liars (Freeform) premieres April 2017
    Rectify (Sundance) premieres 10/26/16
    Saving Hope (ION)
    Steve Harvey (syndicated) ends May 2017
    NEW ADDITION
    Switched at Birth (Freeform) premieres 1/24/17
    Teen Wolf (MTV) premieres 11/16/16
    The Strain (FX) summer 2017
    The Leftovers (HBO) TBD 2017
    Turn (AMC) TBD 2017
    Vampire Diaries (CW) premieres 11/21/16
    Last edited by Feredir; 2016-11-14 at 04:59 PM.

Maybe it's just me but i don't see pitch holding interest. Lethal weapon was a close second though, I love Damon Waynes but he's cast as the straight man and he shines as the funny one.

Also curious if there was a reason macgyver was left off the list?

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Maybe it's just me but i don't see pitch holding interest. Lethal weapon was a close second though, I love Damon Waynes but he's cast as the straight man and he shines as the funny one.

Changes to the pilot and last minute re-castings have taken a bit of the wind out of the sails for this one, so it isn't seeing much hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    Changes to the pilot and last minute re-castings have taken a bit of the wind out of the sails for this one, so it isn't seeing much hype.

macgyver?

Not sure if you'd consider this 2016-2017 or 2015-2016 since it was a summer show but Roadies (Sho) was cancelled.

macgyver?

Not sure if you'd consider this 2016-2017 or 2015-2016 since it was a summer show but Roadies (Sho) was cancelled.
    good riddance, sadly. I enjoyed the material, characters, actors, and all involved... but the story was all over the place and lacked any real cohesion... even the cliche sexual tensions and romantic interests were poorly presented.

Half of the shows on the list I haven't even heard of... and the other half... well... I'll be surprised if they last their FIRST season.

macgyver?

Roadies does fall into 2015-16, but also falls into that hole in summer schedule where if its isn't a well known show its isn't really missed or acknowledged.

And yes, MacGyver had problems from the start, whether those issues are enough to kill the show remains to be seen.

FROM TV LINE:

The new MacGyver of course had a wild ride to the airwaves; CBS greenlit the series in May, only to jettison almost all of the original pilot (save for Till and Eads) and ultimately bring on Hawaii Five-0′s own “rebooter,” Peter M. Lenkov, to give it a retooling. Centered around a full-time team of operatives, it deviates from the comparatively “lone wolf” nature of the original, though that’s not necessarily to its detriment; it simply makes it more familiar, CBS procedural-y. And while some are carping that Eads’ character in essence arms Mac with a gun, I’m pretty sure Dalton didn’t fire a single bullet (to kill or maim) in the premiere.
    Last edited by Feredir; 2016-09-18 at 12:11 PM.

Maybe it's just me but i don't see pitch holding interest. Lethal weapon was a close second though
    Those were my picks too.

I think this show would last awhile but it won't get a second season.

The first show to go, was technically announced on Facebook as canceled 5 months ago, but wasn't official. Now with the death of Gabe Rygaard in a vehicle accident last week, its been made offical as Ax Men is no more.
    Last edited by Feredir; 2016-09-19 at 11:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So sad to see Orphan Black ending. It's been consistantly the best show on TV for the past four years and the fourth season ranks very high in my best seasons of anything EVER.

Glad to see TatMas finally get the Emmy she's deserved for years. Hope this will lead to the final season having it's highest viewing figures ever.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I really want to vote Son of Zorn. However, it is not Fox and Fox really loves its cartoons. I still don't understand how Bob's Burgers is still around.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    So sad to see Orphan Black ending. It's been consistantly the best show on TV for the past four years and the fourth season ranks very high in my best seasons of anything EVER.

Glad to see TatMas finally get the Emmy she's deserved for years. Hope this will lead to the final season having it's highest viewing figures ever.
    I'm always bittersweet when a good show ends. It sucks that it's ending but I'm glad it's going out on top.

Deleted
    Wait Grimm is ending?

I gave up when they travelled to Germany to find the magic stick. Got tired of the monster of the week story

I haven't had the chance to watch all the new shows, but I will comment on those I have seen.

Designated Survivor: was better than I expected it to be, still have to see how it pans out, but now doubting it will be an early chop.

The Good Place: yeah, no its not, tired old jokes and a premise that reeks of the widely panned comedy "Selfie" from a few years back.

Pitch: I was surprised that I actually liked the show, my concern is how far can they carry the premise, may work better as a limited run series.

Falling Water: the episode went quickly which is usually a good sign, however I still don't know what the hell is going on, will give it some time to develop.

MacGyver: started with stupid joke that almost lost me, stayed with the episode, was somewhat interesting. Turnoffs were the constant explanation of what Mac is doing, makes me think they consider the viewers to be dumb. Also they seem to have decided to emulate Sherlock, by using a visual representation of Mac's thought process.

Lethal Weapon: Damon Wayans portrayal of Roger Murtaugh seems a bit out of character, didn't feel like its namesake until the final 10 minutes
    Last edited by Feredir; 2016-09-24 at 02:17 PM.

Deleted
    Isn't Grimm scheduled for October this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Isn't Grimm scheduled for October this year?
    No, the final season is scheduled to start January 6, 2017 and will only be 13 episodes.

Was that an early premiere of falling water? The schedule I've been looking at says it doesn't start until October 13th

Was that an early premiere of falling water? The schedule I've been looking at says it doesn't start until October 13th
    Yes, they had a "preview" of the episode on USA following the season finale of Mr Robot, I don't know if its currently available On Demand.

Looks like next season is the last for The Strain(FX) http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/st...ive-fx-series/

Is anyone still watching this?

Well, this is not a cancellation, but I;m sure it will soon be. Imaginary Mary (ABC) is a mid-season show starring Jenna Elfman, it has not yet aired, but has just had its episodes cut from 13 down to 9. http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/imag...bc-1201873274/

Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    Well, this is not a cancellation, but I;m sure it will soon be. Imaginary Mary (ABC) is a mid-season show starring Jenna Elfman, it has not yet aired, but has just had its episodes cut from 13 down to 9. http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/imag...bc-1201873274/
    Ouch, that's never good.