Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I've been thinking of this for a while. Sargeras is probably the ultimate boss for many people who have been playing WoW for the past many years. It would make sense for the team to finally bring this story to an end, providing closure to long-time dedicated fans and to the writers themselves.

The expansion even bears the title. Legion. If this isn't the final Legion expansion, then what would you call the one that is? They went all out on this. Sargeras may not die in Legion, but we will stop them once and for all, that's for sure. They are introducing Azeroth as a titan, letting players wield legendary weapons from lore (Ashbringer being the most obvious), the elves are finally banding together, Gul'dan will die. Where will we go from here? There is no doubt that this expansion will finally wrap up a ton of threads that are getting tedious and boring. They're preparing us all for the ending we deserve.

Now, I'm not saying WoW will end, of course not. But they're ready to take us on a new journey. I think that the new lore about the Void Gods and so on is evidence of that.

Calling it now, if we do end up killing sargeras, immediately upon doing so, void lords appear and our characters are all "oops. maybe we shouldn't have done that."

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    my guess would be we most likely kill the avatar of sargeras by the end of the xpac, kil'jaedan may die in the second tier

We're never killing Sargeras. Perhaps an image of him, but never actually him.

Quote Originally Posted by laumex View Post
    No. Sargeras will get a redemption story and im calling it now. As far as we know the army of the light is led by Lothraxion, a nathrezim and a demon, and the naaru were able to cleanse him. And if that's possible for him then i bet its possible to cleanse sargeras and maby the legion too, and then we join forces and go fight the void stuff.
    You also have to remember that we, collectively as Azeroth, are a titan. A cheesy story where we unite Azeroth gives us the power to defeat him. And weapons of similar strength (IE, Ace of Cerenius) have hurt Sareras, so 20 at once would do some damage. They've setup the story to go several potential ways.

7+ Year Old Account
    The old promotional writeup on the blizz store said something along the lines of "The Legion has captured Illidans body to be used as the final reagent in the summoning of the dark lord Sargaras"