Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Legendary droprate is LOW

This is NOT QQ thread. Let's just summarize up some facts, buds.

It's been three weeks into the expansion. I'm completely sure not even 20% active players got their legendaries yet, if not 10% or less.

Out of 70~ active people in our guild (who did all mythics every reset, keep doing few or more than few RHCs daily, did all emissary caches) only three people got legendary. It's not any reliable to measure probability with such small amount of people, but it's still fact that only goddamn 3 people got legendary.

Some guilds got 15 legendaries out of like 150 active people, etc. Let's put aside (forget and move on) about the bug with increased droprate if you have already droppred your first legendary, though.

There is a system that prevents you from not dropping legendary if you keep playing, the probability probably (just assuming) stacks with both attempts and time and resets after you drop legendary then the process starts over.

The point is... unless legendaries will out of sudden start to rain from the sky, there is goddamn high chance that you end up without your dream Best-in-Slot legendary for the whole expansion, even though you play very actively. At least this is how things look like 3 weeks after the expansion.

Thoughts? Any constructive opinions really appreciated.

Also, I'm a prophet so I'll quote some posts that people will post:

RNG = RNG
    Yeah, RNG = RNG but also Probability = Probability and the Probability seems to be goddamn low.

Blizz said that their purpose was for each raid team to have 3 legendaries on average. So droprate is as intended. Some have more, some have less.

Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    Blizz said that their purpose was for each raid team to have 3 legendaries on average. So droprate is as intended. Some have more, some have less.

When the hell did they say that?

They said they won't be balancing EN around people having legendaries but they said they will be in nighthold which means they expect people to get them by like 4-5 months from now.

We have around 30 active in my guild at the moment (way down from numbers pre-WoD). Currently out of the 30 active I believe only a couple haven't hit 110 yet on any toon. And about 1/3 have either 2 or 3 110s.

We have zero legendaries in our guild so far.

I'm a firm believer in the "theory" that some peoples accounts are flagged for high drops and some aren't. I have a friend who quit at WoD (who didn't play vanilla but we bought TBC for him to get started). He got everything all the time. Never failed to get a drop. If he were playing I bet he'd be one of those with 2 legendaries already. I'm the one who never gets world drops/rare drops while content is current for that drop. So I fully expect to not get a legendary drop this expansion. Not QQ'ing as I've accepted that's just the way Blizz works.

Drop chances increase the more difficult the content you do. So when you start raiding and doing Mythic+, your chances also increase. And on top of that, I don't think 3 weeks of playing can serve as much of an indication for the next 80-100 weeks, especially since the effect and strength of the bad-luck-protection are entirely unknown.

Out of our raid team of about 30 people, 3 do have a legendary already. 10% after what is effectively 2 weeks at 110 for many of those people does not seem too bad. Not to mention that all of those dropped in the last week alone.

I think they've talked about the possibility of adding some kind of mechanic that allows you somewhat farm the specific legendaries you're after a little later into the expansion. Right now the goal is for them to be rare and for them to be very powerful so that even if one of the worse ones drops for you then it doesn't feel bad.

@gushDH if that's true, sure why not.

It doesn't change the fact that some people will end up without their bis legendary even if they nolife hard for entire expansion, right? X player will be more powerful than Y player because he got that legendary, and that's fine! But that's not fine if that persists through entire expansion like that...

And yeah, they are legendaries, they have to be rare. But are they really legendaries by all means of that word, given the fact that there are so many of them?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenoxar View Post
    The point is... unless legendaries will out of sudden start to rain from the sky, there is goddamn high chance that you end up without your dream Best-in-Slot legendary for the whole expansion, even though you play very actively. At least this is how things look like 3 weeks after the expansion.
    And this is why it's completely bullshit how they fucked up the legendary droprates for some people. All they said was "whoopsie" and they want us to forget about how some people already have 2-4 legendaries, while others who farmed 500 hcs, every mythic + emissary cache have none. Honestly, fuck this.

Deleted
    What I read is a lot of assumptions and frustration. No facts.
    So after 3 weeks all I hear is DOOOOOOOOOOOOOME. Relaxe, be patient, cross your fingers. Only 3 weeks have passed.

Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    Good to know mine will have zero.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

It's worth noting that legendaries are intended to not be the easiest things to acquire. For the most part, it's RNG based and always has been. After a few months, most people will have one, just like in the past. Pre-MoP, it was 1-2 people in your raid group had a legendary after a few months. Now, your whole raid group should have 1 after a few months. The rate at which players can acquire them went through the roof when they made it so everyone could loot the legendary items instead of them being given to the 1 person in the raid. Just be patient. In my opinion, it kind of sucks that anyone has a legendary yet, let alone the 10% or so that Wenoxar is guessing (which may be accurate).

Quote Originally Posted by Wenoxar View Post

There is a system that prevents you from not dropping legendary if you keep playing, the probability probably (just assuming) stacks with both attempts and time and resets after you drop legendary then the process starts over.
    I believe this system is ONLY in place through Emissary boxes. There is no confirmation or blue post, just my own belief after how they changed everything in the last 2 months of beta.

Legendary drop rate should be low. I already feel like too many people have one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    In my opinion, it kind of sucks that anyone has a legendary yet, let alone the 10% or so that Wenoxar is guessing (which may be accurate).
    10% have one, 90% have none and her comes the kicker 10% have MORE THAN ONE. gg blizzard

@Zentail I don't know if 10% is accurate but it's definitely not 50% or 30% or whatever.

After a few months, most people will have one, just like in the past.
    If I got weak legendary (cuz some of them are shit, still better than nothing of course) after few months, not sure if I'd be happy or upset rofl

I remember when you needed a whole guilds, hell even once a whole server's help, to get a legendary. QQ muh legenderpies droprates is bad i wants full legendurries evurry slot 1st week in xpac wtf bliz omg

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    What was the point of this thread? i am pretty sure this is common knowledge
    The point of the thread is that this is a discussion forum and people are free to talk about whatever is on their mind concerning the listed topic.

People like you who constantly tell others when they should and shouldn't post their thoughts and ideas should save themselves the frustration and just stay off forums entirely.

I remember them saying the longer you went with out getting a legendary to drop, the more likely you where to get one to drop. Seems that's more Blizz BS to get you to buy their stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Some people are also allowed to sleep with Cathrine Zeta Jones, Giselle Bündchen or Monica Belluci.

Also I believe that it takes the last tier of your class Order Hall, plus 14 days research at 15 000 resources to equip +1 legendary. So having 4 legendaries will not do you any good.
    Yeah, who cares about choice, who cares about how getting 1 legendary every 2 weeks is a pipedream for normal people. 2 months from now most people won't even have one and those people will have 4 equipped. Some of you are really dense. But but but ... THEY CAN'T EQUIP THEM NOW, SO IT'S NOT AN ADVANTAGE... rofl

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    This is based on numbers you pulled from ....where?
    Reddit survey with hundreds of people. The best numbers we can pull out of our arses right now, since Blizzard will NEVER speak about this and hope we forget.
    Last edited by mmoc961a6aa380; 2016-09-18 at 07:13 PM.

I don't give a shit about the legendaries. I never even thought about possibly getting one and I truly don't care at all. Actually I don't even know what they are or how exactly you get them.