Could an Emerald Dream expansion have interesting lore for non-Druids?

And specifically, non-Night Elves? Id love for an expansion taking place in the dream, but an entire expac that basically plays out as a night elf Druid player's wet dream wouldn't have much to offer for anyone else interested in the lore of their favorite race and class. What would such an expansion have to offer if Blizzard were to cave into delivering perhaps the most fan-requested NYI expansion since Vanilla? Just a hypothetical brainstorming thread

7+ Year Old Account
    Val'sharah is basically Blizz' response to that request.
    Even during the Druid Artifact quest, Npcs says the Dreamgrove is the closest to the Dream in terms of looks.
    The mayority of the lore we could get from it is already in game with Ysera's fate, Cenarius, Xavius, etc..
    "You can wear whatever costume you want for Halloween and it's totally cool but here's a list of costumes I'll shame you for and call you sexist and racist if you do wear them"
    - Laci Green 2015.

First up, I doubt we'll see one now that we have so much Dream/Nightmare lore in the game.

But yeah, I'm not sure. We know relatively little about the Dream. I imagine it would have to be somehow corrupted or infiltrated for an expansion to take place there, which could be where a lot of the other lore takes place. For example, it could be worked as a new Cataclysm, where the Emerald Dream somehow collides with our regular dimension and transforms everything.

Otherwise, yeah, not much. It's a place built for Druids, by Druids (basically). Being a non-Draenei or Orc on Draenor felt like your race meant precious little, and it would be the same in the Dream, I imagine (only for your class). Honestly it seems like one of the biggest reasons Blizzard opted not to do one, at least so far.

Basically, I think Blizzard could easily do a Dream expansion, but only if they added so much to it that it may as well just be a different expansion altogether. The Dream is very specifically a piece of Druid lore, unlike say the Twisting Nether which has ties to a few classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately, I agree that a Dream expansion seems unlikely now that Val'Sharah has addressed many of its potential story elements, and the Nightmare is going to be purged from it, which is a real shame - the possibilities with the Dream were almost limitless, but without the Nightmare as a major threat there's not as much reason to go there. Perhaps some new threats could be devised oh shit I just devised one. Gotta think more on that later...

*ahem* Anyway, yes, the Dream is a reflection of all of Azeroth, and Azeroth is a world of multiple climates. It could hold a wide variety of environments and races to interact with, as long as it conforms to the idea of the Dream being a realm unshaped by mortal races (mortals living in harmony within it would be okay).

I don't think we will see any ED related stuff soon after this xpac but I don't think it's impossible because emerald nightmare is stated to be a way for the old gods to corrupt the soul of Azeroth. If that's the ultimate goal of the void lord then ED is connected to the world soul in some ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    And specifically, non-Night Elves? Id love for an expansion taking place in the dream, but an entire expac that basically plays out as a night elf Druid player's wet dream wouldn't have much to offer for anyone else interested in the lore of their favorite race and class. What would such an expansion have to offer if Blizzard were to cave into delivering perhaps the most fan-requested NYI expansion since Vanilla? Just a hypothetical brainstorming thread
    can night elves expansion have interesting lore for non-druids? now look at Legion xD -- so yeah, I'm sure they can find all manner of interesting things to come up with.

Deleted
    An Emerald Dream expansion would be interesting for worgens as a whole.

I think that would be the case for trolls too, since most of the Loas are wild gods and thus have a strong connection with the Dream. Besides, the green dragonflight and the Atal'ai/Gurubashi storylines were tied together in Vanilla.
    Last edited by mmoc121f221165; 2016-09-18 at 04:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The ship probably sailed for an Emerald Dream expansion...I wouldn't mind an occasional ED zone in a content patch every now and then.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

azeroth tinted green.
    so amazing. /s
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Isoe View Post
    An Emerald Dream expansion would be interesting for worgens as a whole.

I think that would be the case for trolls too, since most of the Loas are wild gods and thus have a strong connection with the Dream. Besides, the green dragonflight and the Atal'ai/Gurubashi storylines were tied together in Vanilla.
    Could also give us some interesting pandaren lore since the August Celestials are Wild Gods and we still don't exactly know the origins of pandaren as a whole.

Deleted
    Yes:
    -titan lore - could go towards warriors as a class, humans, dwarves, gnomes as races
    -remember that the Emerald Dream is a sketch so to say so the world could be reverted if need be. it might contain the races that were there before, like echoes of trolls and the animal races.
    -it could expand on the ley lines and how they connect for mages
    -since it would be invaded by the nightmare, it means demons might have breached it too (as Xavius was one), so demon hunters and warlocks might get something.
    -shamans could explore how the sketch interracts with the main Azeroth and how the elements work there.

Paladins and priests don't have much, but besides that I think something could be found for each class and most races. All it takes is a little creativity and immagination.
    Sure, Northrend was a frozen wasteland, but it wasn't all about death knights. We had paladin lore, and warrior stuff, and druid and mage. They just had to insert new stuff beyond what we knew.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    azeroth tinted green.
    so amazing. /s
    Most of Azeroth's already green anyway. It always makes me smile when people say the Dream would just be forests when Azeroth is like 90% forests already.

Deleted
    Classes not sure

Maybe some Light more for Paldians and Holy priests via Elune
    Shadow Preiests use old God powers so Nightmare
    Shamans interacting with the Life Elementals

Races, Yes

Gnomes, Dwarfs and Humans: its titan made so got a be a nugget of lore there
    Night Elf...does need saying
    Worgen meet the original Druid of the Pact
    Drenai are maybe them only ones without some elements to be explored

Tuaren fairly obvious
    Trolls the realtionship between Wild Gods the druids follow and the wild God Loa. Why they act so different
    Orcs explanation why Logosh got to dreanor
    Undead, maybe searching for a current undeath in the realm of life?
    Goblins trying to reason with druids why forests are great and all but lumber better could be fun
    Blood Elves....no sure

Panda via their wild gods

Side note why can't they be druids?!
    Bear with Ox
    Tiger for Cat form
    Etc etc