Insanely self healing tank doing insane pulls

That's a trend I begun to notice in daily HC and tonight even in Court of the Star.

Self healing tanks (mostly DH, sometimes DK) would pull entire room of trash and just AOE destoy them while sustaining any damages.
    They mostly keep aggro on everything but they can barely kick any spell nor prevent secondary target damage.
    As holy or Disc, I struggle to keep the rest of the group alive.
    The experience isn't really pleasant but as long as we don't wipe, the donjon is done quickly.

Only happens in PuG obviously, so far, my premade tanks have been considerate.
    Am I the only one to see this kind of behavior ?

Quote Originally Posted by Atharaxie View Post
    donjon
    Never seen that spelling before for dungeon. Anyways faster the dungeon the better tbh if the dps are all dying either they are standing in stuff / getting cleaved down or the tank isn't tanking right most likely if its the latter then bring it up to the tank tell him to get his sh*t together. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, I do it as a DH tank, but only in heroics where we massively out gear stuff, being 845 in a dungeons doable at 800 allows that kind of thing. I could see it in mythics as well if you know what you're doing.

Typically if I pug I inspect the healer first though, if they aren't super geared I take it a bit easier. I only pug heroics for CTA though, never mythics because I'm one of two tanks in my guild and a lot of people need them.

The whole kicking thing though, when you pull 12+ mobs, even with every group member interrupting thats only 3-5 mobs every 15 seconds, or longer depending on your comp, not all interrupts are 15 second CDs, so some spells are going to go off no matter what.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2016-09-18 at 09:40 PM.

When my tanks do that I'm tempted to just stand there spamming shadow mend on myself or disperse and afk for a bit because my aoe as shadow priest is useless compared to everyone else and I don't want repair bills from all those random spells getting through :P

Quote Originally Posted by Atharaxie View Post
    That's a trend I begun to notice in daily HC and tonight even in Court of the Star.

Self healing tanks (mostly DH, sometimes DK) would pull entire room of trash and just AOE destoy them while sustaining any damages.
    They mostly keep aggro on everything but they can barely kick any spell nor prevent secondary target damage.
    As holy or Disc, I struggle to keep the rest of the group alive.
    The experience isn't really pleasant but as long as we don't wipe, the donjon is done quickly.

Only happens in PuG obviously, so far, my premade tanks have been considerate.
    Am I the only one to see this kind of behavior ?

Easy... start healing the group, ignore the tank. If he can keep himself alive -- good. If he can't, then the wipe should teach him to make smaller pulls

You should be able to heal either tank or the group just fine even through higher damage. The issue (at least for me) is combination of both -- high dmg on tank and the entire group.

The only tanks that do this to me are the tanks who cant tank... and aggro loads then die from not useing any cooldowns and then blame me and im like errr.. wtf?. I was doing mythic Neth lair today and it was a full melee group (same guild i was pugged healer* but god those melee liked the stand in front of the green rock monsters and in green shit on the 3rd boss.... i was stressing so much and didnt enjoy any of the dungeon. We wiped a few times on 2nd boss as they thought it be a good idea to clear 1/10th of the room and aggro boss -.-

This is the first expansion I find myself annoyed by dps just being too low in dungeons. The heroics aren't hard and I never die as a tank but trash often feels like it takes forever because a lot of classes have garbage aoe now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sxq View Post
    When my tanks do that I'm tempted to just stand there spamming shadow mend on myself or disperse and afk for a bit because my aoe as shadow priest is useless compared to everyone else and I don't want repair bills from all those random spells getting through :P
    I've found this image to be pretty helpful when comparing my DPS to other players on trash packs:

-snip-
    Infracted - Djriff
    Last edited by Djriff; 2016-09-19 at 03:28 PM.

Im completely fine with tanks pulling more than they should, instance is boring otherwise.

It really depends. I had a warrior go apeshit in heroic eye and it was just more frustrating then everything. He would just pull a pack and move on the next from boss to boss. Only killed one of the hydras before Serpentrix so we had to deal with all of them and a seagull or two during the fight, and he pulled the two giants before the giant boss into the boss area and pulled him when the party was all at half health. That... kind of annoyed me. I mean we had zero wipes and only one dps death, and the warrior did a pretty good job keeping himself up but still. It wasn't what I would call a pleasant experience.

Disc is bad for dungeons anyways and most tanks that do that should have some idea on what they're doing and can be pretty safely ignored unless they dip really low and if they do just toss a Serenity on them and continue healing the dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Poltr View Post
    Disc is bad for dungeons anyways
    No.

As I'm doing mythics only with guild groups I have experienced such tanks only in random heroics. If they're pulling 2 or 3 groups "only" I'm fine with it, if they're pulling half the instance and keep losing the odd mob which then turns on me I, depending on my mood, sometimes leave.

I've only pugged one mythic, I got a Death Knight tank and he did more healing than me. At the end of the dungeon, I look at Recount meter (addon) and healing done was like 90% to the Death Knight. He pulled everything and we all died one by one and then he just solo'ed the rest of the pack and we ran back, rinse and repeat. He also did the majority of the final boss by himself because we all died, (we didn't read any tactics) and this DK just went on without us for around 5 minutes and killed the boss whilst we went afk. (It was Black Rook Hold btw).

In my guild mythic groups I have a Demon Hunter tank and he does a lot of healing, mostly at the end of the dungeon the meter is like 60% me and 40% him. I am doing about 10% of the damage overall, most of the time attonement isn't enough to keep anyone alive, so I use SW:P and Pennance on CD but Smite hardly ever gets cast.
    The kiss of the sun for pardon
    The song of the birds for mirth
    You are nearer gods heart in a garden
    Than anywhere else on earth

Quote Originally Posted by Amilee View Post
    No.

As I'm doing mythics only with guild groups I have experienced such tanks only in random heroics. If they're pulling 2 or 3 groups "only" I'm fine with it, if they're pulling half the instance and keep losing the odd mob which then turns on me I, depending on my mood, sometimes leave.
    How would it "turn on you"? You have fade. And even if you don't, that's a great excuse to whip out the mind control. And if that doesn't work, the fear.

And leaving because a tank'll pull in a way that doens't let you sleep your way through the instance like you're the GM's worthless girlfriend? That just makes you sound like a shitty healer. Those pulls are what healers should live for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darshana View Post
    I've only pugged one mythic, I got a Death Knight tank and he did more healing than me. At the end of the dungeon, I look at Recount meter (addon) and healing done was like 90% to the Death Knight. He pulled everything and we all died one by one and then he just solo'ed the rest of the pack and we ran back, rinse and repeat. He also did the majority of the final boss by himself because we all died, (we didn't read any tactics) and this DK just went on without us for around 5 minutes and killed the boss whilst we went afk. (It was Black Rook Hold btw).
    What a hero.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    How would it "turn on you"? You have fade. And even if you don't, that's a great excuse to whip out the mind control. And if that doesn't work, the fear.

And leaving because a tank'll pull in a way that doens't let you sleep your way through the instance like you're the GM's worthless girlfriend? That just makes you sound like a shitty healer. Those pulls are what healers should live for.
    I'm aware of my options. I'm playing as disc, so I'm definitely not sleeping through instances. Mass pulls force me to shadowmend spam which isn't enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Amilee View Post
    I'm aware of my options. I'm playing as disc, so I'm definitely not sleeping through instances. Mass pulls force me to shadowmend spam which isn't enjoyable.
    Right. Only easy stuff is enjoyable. I got 'ya.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Right. Only easy stuff is enjoyable. I got 'ya.
    If you regard shadowmend spam as difficult you probably need to get on my lvl.

Problem is over gearing for over a year of content mixed with now over-gearing trivial content we are asked to do for that sweet sweet AP. I do my best to play to my abilities as a tank and not over load the healer, but when I DPS I see a lot of tanks like this, that don't bother to check their group and end up killing everyone a couple times with bad pulls.