Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    We are asking for 835+ from our raiders in order to start doing the normal mode this week. We're not going to shoot for anything crazy. Haven't asked for any artifact requirements, although I would believe not having your 3rd slot for your artifact would be a significant iLvl burden. I may need to go add that actually, there shouldn't be any reason not to have that by this point.

Quote Originally Posted by big deal View Post
    Do healers generally have to be higher ilvl than the average, or does it make no difference what role you are?
    Healers item level is mostly dictated by how good or bad the raid is at avoiding things and the speed they can do fights.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Yup its true most Premades and Guilds well be asking for 850 and 845 It's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Taygames View Post
    Yup its true most Premades and Guilds well be asking for 850 and 845 It's ridiculous.
    Why? I hit 110 on my paladin on 9/11. By 9/16 after spamming normals, then heroics, then all 8 mythics (while doing world quests that award gear) I hit 845. I'm 848 now in little over a week.

Hell, on my realm, you can buy 810 ilvl to qualify you for LFG Heroics for less than 30k.

Deleted
    840 seems reasonable for a pug.

845 is easy to get but! Often gear as much as 20 item levels lower can actually be a dps increase so setting it that high is unoptimal.

I think relics for Arms Warriors with Exploit the Weakness for example rates 22 item levels higher then any other relic.

Quote Originally Posted by Darklordxnew View Post
    Why? I hit 110 on my paladin on 9/11. By 9/16 after spamming normals, then heroics, then all 8 mythics (while doing world quests that award gear) I hit 845. I'm 848 now in little over a week.

Hell, on my realm, you can buy 810 ilvl to qualify you for LFG Heroics for less than 30k.
    that only means that you either favor ilvl over specific stats or that you had insane dropluck and nothing more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    that only means that you either favor ilvl over specific stats or that you had insane dropluck and nothing more.
    No. Seriously. It is super easy to get +840 gear. Just stop slacking

Quote Originally Posted by Lokrei View Post
    No. Seriously. It is super easy to get +840 gear. Just stop slacking
    not slacking would mean playing 16 hours+ to get good 845 ilvl in 5 days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    not slacking would mean playing 16 hours+ to get good 845 ilvl in 5 days.
    Ah did not see that 5 day. Well that is just lucky. But i see people here bitching how asking 840 before raids is stupid. People had 3 weeks to gear

Quote Originally Posted by Lokrei View Post
    Ah did not see that 5 day. Well that is just lucky. But i see people here bitching how asking 840 before raids is stupid. People had 3 weeks to gear
    And in 3 weeks I didnt had a single trinket drop ( 28 mythic and over 150 HC ) and not a single belt...

I've honestly been stuk at 843 for 2 weeks and 4 days. Only recently finally been able to get to 845. If you're asking for 850 you're in an insanely high-end raiding guild (or you should probably leave the guild), in which case I don't really understand why you'd run normal with 850+ on everyone.

850 item level average requires both insane luck and a very nicely filled wallet to get to. Unless you're dumb and sacrifice good stats for higher item level.

We're required to have 830+ and 16 traits, but we're by no means a guild who's going to race for world firsts. Hell we'll be really glad if we clear mythic before Nighthold.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    And in 3 weeks I didnt had a single trinket drop ( 28 mythic and over 150 HC ) and not a single belt...
    Same except the belt part, but gloves instead.

I'm asking my raiders to be 830 for Normal. I didn't even consider asking about the 3rd relic slot, though I think all of them will have it regardless. We've all been running dungeons together so most of us are 840+. I'm excited to finally be raiding again!
    Member of every Blizzard beta club.

We just go with whatever we have. Most people will most likely have 840+, we have all spammed mythics and heroics nonstop. Funny thing. not a single person in the guild got a legendary -.-.

Pugs i expect going with something like 980 and able to sing celine dione songs while standing on your ears chugging beer whit your willy doing the rotation

We are doing 845+ with third relic slot and 18+ in artifact unlocked. I think all of the raiders are already at that mark, with quite a few at 850+ and 20+ in the artifact. We are starting in Heroic though, for normal I think you should be fine with 835+ gear, third relic and I'm not sure about the artifact.

Told my guys to be 835, which is quite attainable. Haven't set a requirement on AP just yet, we'll see how it goes.

I'll be requiring 840+ for PUGs (I PUG a lot on my alts). Can't bring myself to require more than 840 since 840 is the highest you can get from mythic 5s, but after a few weeks I'll be raising that requirement to 845 at least.

I've played since launch.. tho i guess i've slacked abit, My mains weap got 19 today.. seems i won't be raiding with alot of peoples guild here :/ Dam trait 20, that's annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    While that sucks, that's what crafted gear is for, to fill in those holes. Plus you still have your BoA trinket from WoD mythic dungeons yeah?

My guild also required 845 ilvl and 20 traits in main weapon.

We are a casual guild (3 days a week), so I suppose those requirements are not too strict. I feel they are easily met.

Edit: For those asking - This isn't normal mode we are talking about. normal mode is easily puggable. We will go straight into heroic mode.

Deleted
    My guild also has 845 / 20 traits for Heroic, which is mostly for the casual end of the roster. Many of the people who hit level-cap the day after launch already have their main and another alt that far.

As for pugs, I honestly can't tell. I wouldn't run any pugs at all, since even iLvl870 probably wouldn't be enough. I've done mythics on my Vengeance DH alt and many of the people in 840-845 gear are doing less damage than guildmates did at 820-830, not to mention interrupting/stunning/purging etc.
    Entering a new raid on day 1 requires either extensive preparation or being very good at learning quickly and thinking on your feat. Qualities that most pugs aren't exactly known for. The only groups with any chance for clearing are probably the ones that want 845+ for normal, 870+ weapon and previous-expansion raiding experience.

Yes, you heard right. We'll be going back to "link curve for inv".

Tiers always seem to be balanced at about 15 ilvl jumps, so our guild asked people to get to 835+ for normal run on the weekend and as close to 850 as possible for heroic on Tuesday. Looks like most of us ended up in the 845-850 range.