Thread: Emergancy GPU

Emergancy GPU

So yesterday while doing some questing, my GTX 770 died on me.
    (I can plug my TV directly into my mobo and everything runs fine, just black screen when my monitors are plugged into the GPU, which ofc tells me that its dead, unless I am wrong some how?)

Anyways, I thought that I could just play on a laptop until I could afford a new solid GPU.... not the case, playing on my laptop is horrible, and don't even want to chance it with raids coming out this week.

I may be aiming high, but I am trying for a cards that I can get solid FPS in a 20 man, (50-60fps+) and I personally prefer GeForce over AMD, not sure why, but i've always stuck with it. Budget is between 150-200 USD

Other info about my build;
    i7-4770k (not OC)
    16gb ram
    500gb ssd
    1tb hhd

(not sure if the other specs are useful or not, but my goal is the 50-60 fps and a gpu for around 150-200

thanks for the help!

Depending on you PS and case size, this would work:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814133590

If you can hit the $200 mark, GTX 1060 would be my only choice. Then you would have a great GPU, not just an emergency GPU.

gtx 1060 costs a bit more than 200$ and is the best choice in that range. you also could go for rx 480 which is 10-15% slower than 1060, still far more enough for WoW.

200USD is not emergency money mate, not in my wallet anyway
    50USD is emergency... or integrated gfx till you can save for a 200USD graphic card.

Like everyone else is saying, if you are prepared to pay 200USD, spend a tiny bit more and get yourself a decent card like the recommendations made for you

10+ Year Old Account
    3GB Geforce 1060 is your best bet for 200. I would suggest looking into a RX 470 but who knows if their prices are stable?

I think the rpm might've been too high, my cousin says not to go over 1000. True or false? When playing games like witcher it was usually at around 1400- 1550 rpm. Rocket league at like 1000

Quote Originally Posted by dencypriya View Post
    I think the rpm might've been too high, my cousin says not to go over 1000. True or false? When playing games like witcher it was usually at around 1400- 1550 rpm. Rocket league at like 1000
    What do you mean by "rpm"? fan speed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Second hand 960 or pony up more for 1060.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by TenebrusDH View Post
    So yesterday while doing some questing, my GTX 770 died on me.
    !
    Never had a GPU die on me, except the GPU of the laptop I played WoW Vanilla and then TBC on back in 2005-2006-2007 :-)

Could you answer a few questions?

1. Did you overclock your GPU and your GPU's RAM?

2. Did you use a FPS limiter or Vertical Sync during gaming to limit your FPS to 60?

3. Did you overvolt your GPU?
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

You can find used 770's for 100 bucks on craigslist, more than enough for WoW for the forseeable future. (you wont get any better performance in areas where it matters with a titan x compared to a 770).