Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by qunaquna80 View Post
    as soon as they see it drop first thing you see is: "can you give that to me? , can you trade it with me", am raider and i need it more than casual player....... and it goes on and on
    this happens when you put super powerful gear behind retarded rng gate and toss even more rng on top of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockmahparty View Post
    "I deserve it more because I actually have a job and contribute more to the economy opposed to the jobless guy who manages to do 500 heroic dungeons"

See what I did there
    I have a fulltime job and have done 150 dungeons, personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    Realistic scenario: Got a group of about 15 people who like to run together. 4 of them enjoy tanking. Two snag legendaries. Guess who's not tanking anymore?
    Sure choices like that can be made, however even if all 4 were sporting BiS legendaries 2 would probably not tank anyway and be dpssing, however unless this is a hardcore guild no one would probably be sat out if they actually play for the fact of playing together.

Isn't it basically impossible to trade anyway?

I guess, anyone who's ever farmed a 1% drop knows what they're getting into here. We're all in the RNG rat race together. Might as well be happy for those that escape it.

People are asshole.

/shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Jeez, sir. Like really, where does the time come from? Even if we (unrealistically) assume no setup time and perfect back-to-back 10 minute runs, that's over one full day of nothing but runs!
    I am currently single and only have cats to look after, which helps :P

And a 4-5 hour sleeping pattern, but that's unrelated to the expansion.

Thankyou for the perspective though. It gets a lot worse when you consider the 6 hours I've spent sat inside a single VoW instance trying to do the (bugged at the time) I Ain't Even Cold achievement with a less than desirable comp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow. Some of you guys take this shit very seriously.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

arent legendaries disabled in raids for a few weeks?
    so why is everyone crying about them right now?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    arent legendaries disabled in raids for a few weeks?
    so why is everyone crying about them right now?
    No, they decided against that.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    No, they decided against that.
    Then just give everyone a damn legendary.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    It would work by NOT having the legendaries DROP AT ALL. They are instead rewards from achievements or long quest chains or something instead. Rewards from great farming.

Lets say for instance: "Complete 100 Mythic Dungeons" achievement, that rewards 1 legendary item. That takes 10 weeks if you complete all 10 weekly. Which is VERY reasonable for a LEGENDARY.

And a much better system than random drop.
    I would support that. This is why it was justified that the achievement for the Violet Proto Drake also gave your character a 310% flying skill in the time when mounts have not been account wide. This mount required dedication to many holiday achievements through the whole year, some of them quite tricky to get (or obnoxious, like the pvp one in Children's week, where some classes had it much better than others, as usual).

I would prefer that legendary items would be rewarded by achievements which require a bit of skill and an amount of dedication to the game. We already have too much RNG in loot.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Platscha View Post
    No, this is exactly how legendarys work, if a guy that did 500 heroics queued with a guy that did 2, they have the same chance to get the legendary in that dungeon.
    Just because they have the same chance in that particular dungeon does not dictate how legendaries work. The way they work is that you look at it over a long period of time.

Nice dodging, you know exactly that I meant per dungeon.

All this dodging.
    You call it dodging, I call it cutting through irrelevant BS to discuss something of meaning. What I am dodging is a red herring. You CANNOT look at a single dungeon run in isolation if you want to see any kind of accurate picture of what is happening.

If you play you should passively gain +% on your chance to drop a legendary on every activity that rewards legendarys (ie dungeons, wq etc.). This way people who play more will be more likely to gain a legendary, yet people who play less will still have an even playing field.
    As I understand it this is what they do. That being said, even without a bad luck protection system, people playing more will get more legendaries than people playing less. And as the expansion progresses the effect of random luck will quickly become irrelevant.

It's exactly like any other low drop chance things: Mounts, pets, heirlooms from WoD Mythic 5-mans etc etc. Sure, there will always someone out there who, for a fraction of my effort got lucky with a drop or two. But over a sustained period of time the person putting in the greater effort is going to land up with a much bigger collection of mounts pets and heirlooms. So too will it be with the legendaries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    yeah, tried to be clever but ended up falling flat on your face

that's like saying "im the best chef in the world, i should win an oscar"

you should getrewarded for the thing you put the effort in, not something completely unrelated :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavin View Post
    Dumbest, most pointless and overused comment on the internet. Well done.

Do you need a hand to get off your high horse?
    I love how you fail to noticed I was mirroring someone else's post to show how ridiculous it is what he is saying and you end up attacking me. Good game <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    No one DESERVES to win the lottery.
    I should have rephrased this.

No, no one deserves to win the lottery. What I am saying is that

Legendaries should NOT be part of a lottery system.

In the end, it's the RNG system that is wrong, not that "undeserving" wins it.

If someone else, who put minimum effort wins a legendary I do not get upset. I congratulate anyone who gets one. BUT at the same time I get very frustrated, not at that player, but at the system that allowed him/her to get one before those who farmed like crazy to get one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    They did that with the staff, dagger, cloak, ring. People then complain about it better too common and no longer feel legendary.

Basically, it all boils down, "it is okay if I get it but not okay if you get it, because I deserve it and not you".
    Yes, that system wasn't optimal either. But the Ring and the Cloak was still superior to this. The more you worked at it, the earlier you got it (more or less).

I also liked Shadowmourne and Valanyr, they required effort and weren't that common. Ateish was amazing too, but maybe a little too uncommon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Why would I feel happy for some unknown player I never meet again? At best I feel indifferent, most likely I feel envy. But happy? Err, why?
    Chances are that the random pug is extremely happy he finally got his drop. I don't know about you. But i feel good when i meet happy people. You should try it some day. It could make the world a happier place
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

10+ Year Old Account
    Man I hate when someone who isn't me gets something. It's the worst..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ji-tae View Post
    people who are happy for other (random) people, who achieve "something" through luck, are failures.
    If your perception of reality and justice is so flawed that you are genuinely happy for a person that got something by pure luck you surely have lost the grasp of what it means to achieve something.
    I am happy and admire people that manage something through skill and dedication. Rank 1 arena title. Mythic world first. I am happy for those people because they push me to get better. I can't admire nor be happy for someone who has luck, because it is no measureable unit and isn't repeatable.

I agree though that you shouldn't bother other people or "hate" them. If someone I don't know gets a legendary then I simply don't care. I am not mad at them I am mad at blizzard for their failed system that is bottom tier trash.
    God yes ... being happy for other people is sooooooooooo 1999 .....
    blame the system! >.<

When did gamers actually stopped enjoying playing together ... good god lol
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

10+ Year Old Account
    Entitlement, greed, dislike of competition, too much of a competitor - pick one of them.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

i dont get the problem. i am happy if i can give a piece of loot to someone that can actually use it. its way better than to npc it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    Chances are that the random pug is extremely happy he finally got his drop. I don't know about you. But i feel good when i meet happy people. You should try it some day. It could make the world a happier place
    Not sure how pretending to feel something in a moment most people probably don't actually do feel something makes the world a happier place. It just adds another layer of dishonesty.