Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    God yes ... being happy for other people is sooooooooooo 1999 .....
    blame the system! >.<

When did gamers actually stopped enjoying playing together ... good god lol
    I enjoy playing with others. No idea what you are getting at.

It seems like many people confuse what it really means to "be happy for others".

Deleted
    I honestly don't care which items some random dude in my party which I never will meet again anyways gets. Also, I'm not jealous. I just get kind of annyed if I only get AP from one boss

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ji-tae View Post
    It seems like many people confuse what it really means to "be happy for others".
    It seems like you are one of those people. Being happy for others simply means being happy when they are happy. Just because you wouldn't be happy with what they are happy with, eg winning a nice item through "luck" does not invalidate their happiness.

15+ Year Old Account
    Humans are jelly and selfish. I have never seen anyone get one though. But I'd be jelly too if I did! But happy as well, as it's quite an achievement!

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    It seems like you are one of those people. Being happy for others simply means being happy when they are happy. Just because you wouldn't be happy with what they are happy with, eg winning a nice item through "luck" does not invalidate their happiness.
    I never said so. Sure they can be happy.

I simply don't understand why people are happy for random people. Are you guys happy for lottery winners? There are so many things happening in the world you don't even know of. Why would someone be so happy for random people.

I am happy for people I know, but random people. dafuq

So you can get legendaries from dungeons? I thought that's only for world quests

What is way worse is that as soon as a item dropps for you, you get 2-3 whispers begging for your loot. Shadowspriests demanding my healing trinket because they need it more wtf.

Loot announcement should be removed, we need more privacy.

Legendary drops are rng (apart from the second legendary bug that destroyed the balance), if the player is good I give them a "gz" otherwise I just ignore it .
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2016-09-20 at 12:39 PM.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    He deserve it more becuase he PLAY MORE and by default that means he PUT MORE EFFORT into the game.

Rewards should be rewarded to those with MOST effort and not the one with most luck.
    Nonsense, frankly.

Playing is not "putting effort into". I've played MMOs since 1999, and if one thing is obvious it's that people who play a lot are often actually pretty lazy players. I mean, I've known countless people who played MMOs (including WoW) for 8 to 16 hours a day, but couldn't even be arsed to do decent DPS in a dungeon, who relied entirely on the larger amounts of gear they got (from playing so much) to carry them, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    So you can get legendaries from dungeons? I thought that's only for world quests
    You can get them almost anywhere. Seems like most common from WQs and dungeons, but they drop in the world - even from treasures.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    My local News reported that a child wandered out of their backyard and got lost in the nearby woods a few weeks ago The mother has frantic and filled with grief. The police looked for hours and eventually found the boy by a small river - unharmed, except for being a little shaken up and cold.

Point being, when I saw the mother being reunited with her child, I was happy for her. I didn't know her, but as a person with a sense of compassion for others, I can feel happiness for people I don't even know. It doesn't always have to be a situation where we are envious and therefore cant feel happiness when someone gets something that we would have wanted.
    So you are comparing a lost child to some random dude getting lucky in a video game?

Well done mate.

10+ Year Old Account
    jealousy is a very ugly color on alot of people. they cant hide it.
    Hi

Deleted
    No, of course not. I don't think you got what I was trying to say... I thought it was pretty clear.
    it is a completely different case when someone was hit by a tragic misfortune and they got their loved ones back.

It doesn't relate to getting a virtual item in a video game at all.

If any person thinks those two events are in any way comparable than my condolences.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I never said so. Sure they can be happy.
    Ok, so if you're fine with them being happy, why does that make others who share in that happiness "failures".

I simply don't understand why people are happy for random people. Are you guys happy for lottery winners? There are so many things happening in the world you don't even know of. Why would someone be so happy for random people.
    They may be random people, but:
    1) We're all part of the same community, namely the WoW community. We have a common ground in that we play the same game
    2) Grouping up with others gives you a specific shared experience.

So when someone in your group wins a nice piece of equipment, you know that they are feeling happy, and that in turns makes us happy. It's called empathy. When we imagine the happiness of someone else, we get to feel a bit of it too.

That doesn't mean we have to feel it to the same extent. Also it's something we have to allow to happen. It is very easy to choose to feel jealousy for example (basically what the OP was observing).

I am happy for people I know, but random people. dafuq
    You do realise that basically this is the entire premise for sport right? People going nuts because some overpaid twat kicked a leather ball into a net for example. Basically the entire phenomenon is a bunch of people feeling happy that their team is feeling happy, and everyone feeding off each other being happy - even though almost everyone else is a complete stranger.

Totally normal human behaviour, bizarre though it is :

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't always have to be a situation where we are envious and therefore cant feel happiness when someone gets something that we would have wanted.
    I would argue that it's not that we can't feel happiness, it's that we choose not to. Envy is a nasty emotion. We can't help feeling the impulse to be envious, but we can absolutely choose to override it and be happy for the other person instead.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think you got what I was trying to say... I thought it was pretty clear.
    For the sake of your sanity, it was perfectly clear and a great example

Deleted
    Ok, so if you're fine with them being happy, why does that make others who share in that happiness "failures".

They may be random people, but:
    1) We're all part of the same community, namely the WoW community. We have a common ground in that we play the same game
    2) Grouping up with others gives you a specific shared experience.

So when someone in your group wins a nice piece of equipment, you know that they are feeling happy, and that in turns makes us happy. It's called empathy. When we imagine the happiness of someone else, we get to feel a bit of it too.

That doesn't mean we have to feel it to the same extent. Also it's something we have to allow to happen. It is very easy to choose to feel jealousy for example (basically what the OP was observing).

You do realise that basically this is the entire premise for sport right? People going nuts because some overpaid twat kicked a leather ball into a net for example. Basically the entire phenomenon is a bunch of people feeling happy that their team is feeling happy, and everyone feeding off each other being happy - even though almost everyone else is a complete stranger.

Totally normal human behaviour, bizarre though it is :
    It is funny that you are dedicating your time to a whole post and thoughts. I admire that.
    But you failed to understand the point that I am, and always have, referred to random people having luck.

And I asked multiple times why people are happy exactly for random people having luck. Are you happy for the hungarian lottery winner? Do you know what her name is?
    Are you happy for ArthasPaladinXX from server Mal'Ganis that he got a legendary belt?

EDIT : Could people please be a bit more intelligent and learn to differentiate. Most of you, that are responding, are failing to understand what I write. it is funny how smart people can act so dumb.
    Last edited by mmoc5405551c01; 2016-09-20 at 01:07 PM.

And I asked multiple times why people are happy exactly for random people having luck. Are you happy for the hungarian lottery winner? Do you know what her name is?
    Are you happy for ArthasPaladinXX from server Mal'Ganis that he got a legendary belt?
    The reason is because some people in the world aren't completely cynical assholes and can actually feel joy for someone else's happiness.

If you see someone in your group get a legendary, why not be happy for them? Congratulate them on their drop instead of becoming bitter about the fact that someone else got something you didn't.

The question isn't "Why be happy for someone else's good fortune?" but rather "Why are you so bitter that someone else's good fortune makes you upset?".

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    And I asked multiple times why people are happy exactly for random people having luck.
    I explained it in the post you're replying to....not sure what the issue is tbh.

Are you happy for the hungarian lottery winner? Do you know what her name is?
    I have no connection to her, so no.

Well that depends. There are probably several hundred thousand players who have got a legendary so far and I don't care either way about them. But when I am there with them, sharing an experience when they get it, then sure, I'll be happy for them.

Because that's the key really. The shared experience. It turns random people into slightly less random people. It's about how we as human beings connect with other people and form friendships and relationships

Deleted
    I explained it in the post you're replying to....not sure what the issue is tbh.

I have no connection to her, so no.

Well that depends. There are probably several hundred thousand players who have got a legendary so far and I don't care either way about them. But when I am there with them, sharing an experience when they get it, then sure, I'll be happy for them.

Because that's the key really. The shared experience. It turns random people into slightly less random people. It's about how we as human beings connect with other people and form friendships and relationships

woop dee fucking do.

That's what I said for the last 10 posts, but people didn't comprehend

Well, blame Blizzard for a strange and poorly designed RNG system.

The system is extremly unfair and broken. Rewards should come to those who put in most effort.

Yes, if you kill a boss, you might put in same effort that boss!

BUT if Player A has cleared 100 dungeons and Player B cleared one dungeon, player A obviously deserve it more.
    Neither player deserves it. That's why it's called RNG. You knew what you were getting into before you bought Legion, too late to cry about the systems now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronovey View Post
    The reason is because some people in the world aren't completely cynical assholes and can actually feel joy for someone else's happiness.

If you see someone in your group get a legendary, why not be happy for them? Congratulate them on their drop instead of becoming bitter about the fact that someone else got something you didn't.

The question isn't "Why be happy for someone else's good fortune?" but rather "Why are you so bitter that someone else's good fortune makes you upset?".
    lol.

I say GZ and move on. I am neither bitter nor make any disrespectful comments about it.
    It seems like people think I am bitter or mean if I am not happy for them. lol.
    you guys need to seriously wake up.
    I am simply not happy for random people having luck and I don't get why some people think I should be.

People don't understand my stance. If I see random people I have no connection to get something through luck I am indifferent.
    There is no reason to be happy for random people and by happy I mean happy and not some meaningless hypocritical use of the world happy.

none of you hipocrites who pretend to be happy for random people remember anything about them. you have forgotten them anyways.

No idea why you SJWs are so offended by me being honest.

(Please people don't respond to this post. I am going to ditch this thread and not read your hypocritical comments about how you are great people and lie to yourself)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, blame Blizzard for a strange and poorly designed RNG system.

The system is extremly unfair and broken. Rewards should come to those who put in most effort.

Yes, if you kill a boss, you might put in same effort that boss!

BUT if Player A has cleared 100 dungeons and Player B cleared one dungeon, player A obviously deserve it more.
    Unfair? It's the same random chance for everyone. Pretty much the definition of fair.

I like this system. I long for the days when having something felt epic.