Are you happy with LW?

I wanted to get my thoughts out in writing and see what the community is thinking about LW. Are you happy with it?

I'm nearing 800 and failing to see any value with the profession.

The good:
    - I play on a busy server and getting mats via skinning is super easy to farm my own and skin other people's left overs.
    - I am selling the Dreadleather Bindings and making easy, good amounts of gold (Only 3k each, but it's easy gold).
    - I'm about 20 points away to hitting 800
    - I completed the most annoying quest ever and now have the LW-only moose mount - I don't rage much in games, but this quest did it to me!

The bad:
    - I've already looted gear better than I can craft and I've only done World Quests and Heroic Dungeons
    - I have a lot to craft, but no reason to craft any of the items
    - I'm already bored with the profession and I'm not even excited to get the level 800 mount as I don't think the big white moose looks that good

What are your thoughts about your profession? I have plenty of time to play the game and I am strongly considering flower picking and a either Alchemy or Inscription and dropping LW.

Deleted
    all profs are cosmetic these days, you can always obliterate crafted gear for ilvl upgrades...

i like alchemy because its always useful...as LW yyou can make that daze protection thingie...dunno if people buy it though

It is quite frankly a pile of shit. Getting it to 800 was one of the most frustrating,annoying,boring and expensive thing i have ever done in WoW. I only did it to make the mount. It was so bad that i am not going to touch another profession in this expansion. You can't even get above 780 without some RNG crap or having dozens of Bloods handy. Any toon i level now is going to be double gatherer.

It was bad enough in WoD with RNG'ing your way to the right gear you crafted but Legion has that and you have to RNG you way to recipes. Crafting is the one really shitty thing thus far in Legion imho.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I am not happy with LW. I will be keeping the profession until I managed to get to 800 (probably need DMF for that) and craft the stupid moose for my LW alt to use. After that I will drop LW, even with the chance to upgrade items to 850 and possible few more ilvls with later patch is just seems a waste...

When you at least have use from alchemy if you spend bit of time herbing or spending gold in AH in buying herbs. I enjoyed the LW in WoD, even with the 3 max crafted item restriction, not liking it in Legion.

It's the same for every crafting professions. They are useless for gearing. Since the removal of bonus from professions they are now fully useless.

Enchanting, JC and alchemy are still useful if you don't have someone in your guild that can do it for you.

Tip for al LW: you can buy a Lv 3 recipe in the underbelly of Dalaran for sightless eyes that costs only leather or scales. Easy leveling to 800

Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    Tip for al LW: you can buy a Lv 3 recipe in the underbelly of Dalaran for sightless eyes that costs only leather or scales. Easy leveling to 800
    I have it and you need blood to craft it. Which put me in the same frustrating situation as Deadite.

Quote Originally Posted by Shizzniz View Post
    I have it and you need blood to craft it. Which put me in the same frustrating situation as Deadite.
    ah, ok, forgot that. Had so much blood when crafting them because i leveled skinning at launch when the droprates were over the top.

What really annoys me is that one of the Lv3 recipes (don't know which) is locked behind a rated BG, according to wowhead-.-

Deleted
    I made 1.2 million gold so far with LW and I personally think it has been the best profession paired with skinning this expansion, now that said I truly believe it will only be good for the first 3 weeks. felhide sells on my server for 250g each, If you craft the leggings then you get between 50-80 obliterum ash. Also crafting the 785 bracers which proc into 795 epic (15% chance) allows you to get so many enchanting mats, leylight shards and chaos crystals galore.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    You have looted better gear then you can craft? I am curious, look at my gear. Do you understand how obliterium works?

Not really. I mean, it was handy to send my alts a few "high level" items, I ended up buying a few 815 pieces off the AH for the ilevel kick up when i dinged 110. I didn't craft them though. Crafting the non-dreadleather stuff (I dont' have recipes yet) isn't worth it to blow up (like what 2-3 pieces of oblit and you need 100 for a real chunk? worthless) so having thousands of leather means kinda nothing at this point.

The Binding I guess, or a pet bed, if you happened to sell'em early for that higher price.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    So. Math wise on the Obliterum forge.

Deathleather bracer (rank 2) = 150 leather = 22 ash.
    10 Warhide breastplate (rank 3) = 160 leather = 4-5 ash/each = ~45 ash.

So, that Warhide you think isn't worth making. Yeah, it's very much worth doing.

EasyObliterum addon will help with clicking.

Crafting in Legion is so boring, expensive, miserable and pointless that eventually almost everybody will drop all crafts except for alchemy and enchanting and turn virtually all of their characters into double gatherers. Crafting, is without a doubt, the biggest failure of Legion by a huge margin.

Quote Originally Posted by Binko View Post
    Crafting in Legion is so boring, expensive, miserable and pointless that eventually almost everybody will drop all crafts except for alchemy and enchanting and turn virtually all of their characters into double gatherers. Crafting, is without a doubt, the biggest failure of Legion by a huge margin.
    Having now reached the various roadblocks in crafting I'm starting to agree. Some of the crafting quests have optional bosses that are usually skipped by players. With gathering I've yet to get a quest proc rank 3 on anything, although I just got a quest for felhide 3 at least. Cooking... yeah, I've stopped doing that waste of time. And it's all pretty much a waste of time with armour crafting professions with the ease of getting gear from world quests and now world bosses. And once the millions of casual players out there also find out that to advance their artifact quest they need to do mythic dungeons it's not looking good for retaining subs in the long term.

I feel.... confused. Leveling JC (without mining) costs a lot of gold, while leatherworking seems fairly cheap. Yet when I reached 780 in LW, all my recipes turned to green. Also not fan of 3 rank recipes that come from various sources. Not fan of the quest line either. I don't feel immersed. I feel annoyed and frustrated.
    My first aid is on 785, everything is green, only world quests could kick me ahead, which is bugged atm (the achievement)
    My cooking is around 780, Nomi is a butthole, everything is green, maybe the bacon is yellow, which is limited supply.
    Archaeology is gated and rares are behind the quests, some of the solves have 150 fragments...
    Jc.... Yeah, when I saw the mats cost I quickly dropped the idea to work on it.
    By the time people get (rank 3) recipes, you and everyone else will be in full 850 gear, so why sweat for them in the first place? Not to mention some recipes cost 2700 gold, and require exalted rep, seems like total waste of gold. I'm not surprised, Blizz simply fucked it up. Like how reputations give ilevel 820 gear at revered, which takes around 3 weeks to reach, by that time you won't need the 820 gear. And the emissary caches drop ilevel 810 gear, even after 3 weeks. I think Blizz simply fucked up the gearing prediction.... PLUS professions suck.
    Last edited by Lei; 2016-09-21 at 11:29 AM.

Arcanite reaper. Say no more.

I want that feeeel again!

http://www.wow-one.com/database/index.php?item=12784

Frankly am a bit miffed about LW. I'm better off running dungeons for gear vs grinding to upgrade pieces to the max of 850 with no sight on if we'll be able to upgrade it further later on. One is better off just doing mythic dungeons and raids

Guys I have around 2000 stonehide leather, what should I do with it? I'm seeing it's not worth it to level LW so what could I do instead?

Choices I have are:

- Craft items for obliterum ash
    - Sell the leather in the AH
    - Craft items to sell in the AH for the Forged by Fel Fire quest (although this requires additional stormscales, which I also got...)

Any tips, pointers? Thanks!

The moose only requires LW to craft, but not to ride, so yeah, i'm leveling one because of it.
    My main is Blacksmith and i'm not too happy with it either. I think it's just the way professions work in Legion: frustrating and expensive.
    Last edited by The7; 2016-09-23 at 03:36 PM.

i like LW, I think they will add functionality to be able to use the gear into the upper tiers like WoD.