Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Thankfully people that know something about cars dont share your sentiment. Btw you know that the british car industry is either crap, super expensive or owned by german companies, right? Good luck with that childish idea of a 100000 euro tariff. Lol
    The British don't have a car industry dear boy because that's something for the servants to do. In the same way we outsource unblocking our toilets to Poland we do the same with cars and Germany,France,Japan etc. Now run along and clean those hubcaps a customer is waiting , might be a British one today, next year less likely so.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    The British don't have a car industry dear boy because that's something for the servants to do. In the same way we outsource unblocking our toilets to Poland we do the same with cars and Germany,France,Japan etc. Now run along and clean those hubcaps a customer is waiting , might be a British one today, next year less likely so.
    Britain doesnt have a car industry because of Lucas.....

Didn't you just try to tell me Germany won't be able to sell you any cars? So now you want to go back to riding horses? It's funny how you jump from arrogant peak to arrogant peak, but at least please be consistant. You're making it far too easy for me to make fun of your attitude...

And yes, you do not have a car industry. Because everyone knows British cars are shite or cost upwards of a million. And even then you'd hire a driver just so you don't have to handle the piece of shit yourself.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Nobody buys more BMW's than the UK outside of Germany in Europe. When we slap a 100000 euro tariff on each one imported no one in the UK will buy them, of course there is another way.... Depends on the stupidity of Brussels.
    So your plan is to damage a Company that owns several British Companies that has already warned its Subsidaries (Rolls-Royce and Mini for example) that cutbacks are incomming and then make other Companies, Investory around the world weary of doing business in the UK because the UK might throw a hissy fit and cost them money?

7+ Year Old Account
    Didn't you just try to tell me Germany won't be able to sell you any cars? So now you want to go back to riding horses? It's funny how you jump from arrogant peak to arrogant peak, but at least please be consistant. You're making it far too easy for me to make fun of your attitude...

And yes, you do not have a car industry. Because everyone knows British cars are shite or cost upwards of a million. And even then you'd hire a driver just so you don't have to handle the piece of shit yourself.
    Arrogance is assuming that Japan as I particularly mentioned, who won't have a 100000 euro surcharge applied to each car imported to the UK, is a part of Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post
    So your plan is to damage a Company that owns several British Companies that has already warned its Subsidaries (Rolls-Royce and Mini for example) that cutbacks are incomming and then make other Companies, Investory around the world weary of doing business in the UK because the UK might throw a hissy fit and cost them money?
    As I said before it is not our plan to damage an EU based company, it is Europe that wants a trade war. If that trade war hurts a European company, Rolls-Royce and Mini your example, then those damaged companies values will crash. On the flip side as one European owned company fails another outside European company based in Britain booms. Explains why Honda has just invested 1/2 bn euro in Swindon I suppose, poised to pick up the slack.

Perhaps they will be interested in buying Mini when its company value has halved thanks to that childish hissy fit from Brussels.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Deleted
    Arrogance is assuming that Japan as I particularly mentioned, who won't have a 100000 euro surcharge applied to each car imported to the UK, is a part of Europe.

As I said before it is not our plan to damage an EU based company, it is Europe that wants a trade war. If that trade war hurts a European company, Rolls-Royce and Mini your example, then those damaged companies values will crash. On the flip side as one European owned company fails another outside European company based in Britain booms. Explains why Honda has just invested 1/2 bn euro in Swindon I suppose, poised to pick up the slack.

Perhaps they will be interested in buying Mini when its company value has halved thanks to that childish hissy fit from Brussels.
    You do know that Honda, was scaling back its operations in the UK for years. The investment was planned prior to the Brexit vote and the plan was that the UK would manufactor the new 5 door Civics. The Referndum caught them mid planning and they are currently worried about Tarifs, once the UK leaves the EU.

How do you think Companies like Honda will react to actions such as you suggested? They are worried about Tariffs and you just wanted to place a ridicoulous one.

What Gurantee do they have that if the UK and Japan have a drop in Relations that the UK wont go after them? How do you make investors feel secure, if they know the Uk would turn on them?

Deleted
    an eu army sounds okay to me as long as its opt in and each country still maintains its own military

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Did you REALLY include France as a country that cooperates in defense procurement? The country that insisted on building its own fighter, MBT, ships, etc?????? The French cooperate when it is French designs that are picked by and large.....
    Actually French army just decided that their next service rifle will be a German one.
    Last edited by luckydevours; 2016-09-23 at 09:55 PM.
    Guns don't kill people! Toddlers kill people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by luckydevours View Post
    Actually French army just decided that their next service rifle will be a German one.
    Small arms are a much easier sell than major weapon systems, hence why the US has a POS Italian 9mm handgun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Small arms are a much easier sell than major weapon systems, hence why the US has a POS Italian 9mm handgun.
    France just built a combat helicopter with Germany. Still an easy sell?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dentelan View Post
    First they decided to be an independent state. Then as an independent state they had referendum to join Russia. Problems?
    And you actually believe that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    And you actually believe that?
    well, yes, because that is what happened.
    The question is whether or not the vote's (well the initial one at least) was a free and fair expression of the population's will.

Deleted
    So who will clean the toilets once you leave? Don't tell me the brits might have to get shit on their hands? Or will they pay millions for the poles to do it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    well, yes, because that is what happened.
    The question is whether or not the vote's (well the initial one at least) was a free and fair expression of the population's will.
    That is what I meant of course. A "russian" referendum is hardly a democratic referendum now is it? And did they win by 140% again?

Deleted
    Given the way the MOD treats its service persons I am highly dubious as to whether the EU would want us on their team.

10+ Year Old Account
    France just built a combat helicopter with Germany. Still an easy sell?
    This is one of the few times France and Germany have cooperated on a major system, and then only because they were buying small numbers of so-so helicopters and they were determined to not buy superior Apache's.

NATO serves American Interests. It does not serve European interests to the same extend.
    NATO's mission is centered in the heart of Europe. What else is NATO's "mission"? Defending Guam? Defending Hawaii? Lets be real here.

NATO does not have a minimum reguirement. The 2% is a recommendation. That is why countries can skip it without repercussions.
    If it is recommended it is pretty much a requirement obligation for NATO or else that country is free loading. The reason why the U.S. doesn't punish is because they realize European nations do not have the stomach to increase spending for military.

Yes? Germany has been increasing its Military Budget for a while now. Germany ranks 9th on Military Spending worldwide. So it is hardly not funding its Armed forces.
    Germany's military force is tiny and not well funded.

And that is why the EU needs a Military. Pooling together resources. Considering how poorly the US did in the Strong Tank Compeition, I dare say European Tank crews are not even close to untrained compared to the US. In fact, despite being the only nation to provide two tank platoons instead of one, the US didn't even place. Germany wound up coming in first place, followed by Denmark and Poland.
    Skill doesn't matter much when it comes to tank warfare in my opinion, because numbers is what matters more. If you compare the number of main battle tanks that Western European nations have versus Eastern European nations you are in a surprise.

The EU is one of the most Powerfull, wealthiest economic blocks in the world.
    The wealth is a side of effect of investing in other endeavors not involved in military budgets. Once military investments must be increased that wealth will diminish and it will hamper European economy. This is one of the reasons why Greece is broke as an example, because lets be honest did Greece need that many main battle tanks given its geographical location?

One of the function of a United EU army would be securing borders.
    Europe can not even agree to secure borders and you don't need an army to do that anyways.

And again the 2% is not a reguirment for NATO. Germany spends less then 2% and still ranks 9th in worldwide Military spending. You have to compare each Countries GDP. Using a fixed amount just is wasteful and useless.
    Germany is ranked 9th and has nothing to show for it for a fighting force that can project, mobilize, etc. It is pretty much a paper tiger, but even looking at their numbers they are severely lacking compared to smaller countries like Israel, Greece, etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    NATO's mission is centered in the heart of Europe. What else is NATO's "mission"? Defending Guam? Defending Hawaii? Lets be real here.
    It is the effective tool of the US occupation of the EU.
    If it is recommended it is pretty much a requirement obligation for NATO or else that country is free loading. The reason why the U.S. doesn't punish is because they realize European nations do not have the stomach to increase spending for military.
    No it is because the US do not want them too.
    The wealth is a side of effect of investing in other endeavors not involved in military budgets. Once military investments must be increased that wealth will diminish and it will hamper European economy. This is one of the reasons why Greece is broke as an example, because lets be honest did Greece need that many main battle tanks given its geographical location?
    No part of this made any sense.
    Germany is ranked 9th and has nothing to show for it for a fighting force that can project, mobilize, etc.
    Where would Germany project force?.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    So who will clean the toilets once you leave? Don't tell me the brits might have to get shit on their hands? Or will they pay millions for the poles to do it?
    Well a different kind of shit than what goes down the pan. You see there are things that the UK are very good at, mundane stuff like blocked toilets and building cars we leave to other menials.

When it comes to talk of a European Army we guffaw and hold our sides in laughter. Of course we will veto something so obviously incompatible, feeble and useless whilst we still contribute to a European Budget, and with a Europe that wants to start a trade war with us.

Europe hasn't won anything militarily for over 100 years, but when the shit really hits the fan Britain is still well ready to give anyone a lesson.

Europe should be very careful about starting something it has no ability to control how it finishes.

Deleted
    Well a different kind of shit than what goes down the pan. You see there are things that the UK are very good at, mundane stuff like blocked toilets and building cars we leave to other menials.
    yes, One has to do the money laundering of the world.
    When it comes to talk of a European Army we guffaw and hold our sides in laughter. Of course we will veto something so obviously incompatible, feeble and useless whilst we still contribute to a European Budget
    Fun fact, you are going to send money to the EU in the future too.
    , and with a Europe that wants to start a trade war with us.
    What trade war - ? - pointing out that you wont get a better deal than the one you have right now since you are leaving is not a 'trade war'.
    Europe hasn't won anything militarily for over 100 years,
    That includes the UK, you get that right?
    but when the shit really hits the fan Britain is still well ready to give anyone a lesson.
    yes, as long as its in the Mediterranean or the Atlantic, otherwise your boats stop working.
    Europe should be very careful about starting something it has no ability to control how it finishes.
    In what universe is the EU starting anything?
    You hand in papers, and then you are on the clock, negotiating with a party that cant actually agree to anything, all deals subject to Vetoes from all the EU blocs and the EU parliament - The article 50 thing wasn't ever meant to be used, and its the UK that want to take it out for a spin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    yes, One has to do the money laundering of the world.

Fun fact, you are going to send money to the EU in the future too.

What trade war - ? - pointing out that you wont get a better deal than the one you have right now since you are leaving is not a 'trade war'.

That includes the UK, you get that right?

yes, as long as its in the Mediterranean or the Atlantic, otherwise your boats stop working.

In what universe is the EU starting anything?
    You hand in papers, and then you are on the clock, negotiating with a party that cant actually agree to anything, all deals subject to Vetoes from all the EU blocs and the EU parliament - The article 50 thing wasn't ever meant to be used, and its the UK that want to take it out for a spin.
    The UK has won the Falklands at the very least.