Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Another thing to think about is the fact that we aren't dealing with reality here; an evil human would likely not engage in any of the verbal histrionics that movie and tv villains do, let alone mythical entities. I mean, raid and dungeon bosses just stand around waiting for us 90 % of the time, you'd think they would have more to do than stand at attention waiting to be attacked. So with that level of absurdity happening, the way that they talk isn't a huge concern in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you suppose a person/monster/demon would say to someone they want to kill?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post
    OP needs to run more Cata content, clearly.

BY FIRE... BE... BURNED!
    Cata taught me many lessons like don't stand in the fire, run away from the fire, shit is on fire, the enemy is on fire, your guild mates are on fire.....so much fire....so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Actually a lot of the lines in current dungeons are really good. As others mentioned DHT is a good example. I love the dialogue between malfurion and Xavius. Oakheart also says some funny shit.

I think at this point it's just tradition to have an end boss always say "you will burn!". At least if they're a burning legion boss.

Overall though the dialogue in legion is a lot better in dungeons. I love it.

One of my favorite boss lines ever is from Drahga Shadowburner, the Orc Warlock in Grim Batol.
    "By Fire Be...BURNED!" The awkward pause, the obvious reference to Rag, and the borderline gnomish squeaky quality to his voice makes it so laughable as opposed to intimidating. Hard to top that one in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    It's not just boss dialogue. Practically every character and NPC in legion tells you to "stay vigilant".
    Azeroth....if Australia was a planet.

Quote Originally Posted by lolbubble View Post
    The best is the dialogue between xavius and malfurion in DHT throughout the dungeon.
    I really like when you engage Xavius he's like "What is this? Don't make me laugh!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Demeia View Post
    Surely "Enough!" is the most common thing any of these bosses say.
    Haha. It's usually like "ENOUGH! I will now turn my name green so you cannot reduce my hit points further!".

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolbubble View Post
    The best is the dialogue between xavius and malfurion in DHT throughout the dungeon.
    Silence, weakling!
    Be still, worm!

I'm getting sick of them and their voices. Malfurion can STFU.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Stood in the Fire n7stormreaver's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Eh, at least you can hear that dialogue in english. Before Legion we could use english sound + text required to play on realm (in my case, russian), but now Blizzard claims that "they don't want players to have that option."

And let me tell you, russian voiceover is a mortal sin. Especially when it comes to demons and other big enemies.

At least the way Xavius says "Shut up, worm" to Malfurion is kinda funny in RU voice.
    Space magic.

Blizzard has done some pretty good dialogue recently in my opinion.

https://youtu.be/6SuW_whFQaY?t=13m58s Was great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uVeVluHnns This too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblecrush View Post
    Like enough of this shit already. Is it that hard to write decent dialogue
    Care to write some for us?

It's not hard, right?

15+ Year Old Account
    "an eye for an eye makes the whole world go round" - gordon freeman - halo series

Like, why can't they have good dialogue like that?

Incoming boss saying

"Would you kindly gtfo and never come back please"

"By 'X' be Purged" is a favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    "an eye for an eye makes the whole world go round" - gordon freeman - halo series

Like, why can't they have good dialogue like that?
    So "good dialogue" is smashing two common phrases together, and calling it a day?

Quote Originally Posted by Pipboi View Post
    I was never upset. I saw somebody being bullied and I intervened.
    Keep projecting though, it seems to be working great for you so far.
    Of course you're upset. You're even talking about bullying. I bet that triggers the hell out of you. Bohoo.

Insects, mongrels, fools, and their absolute favorite insult "mortals".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    Insects, mongrels, fools, and their absolute favorite insult "mortals".
    Which is hilarious, since the player character is immortal. If those poor bosses only knew.

Quote Originally Posted by Draeth View Post
    When you have wiped for the 237th time and have to listen to my monologue once again, you will beg for mercy...

And I will deny you.
    There's an ongoing joke in my house that the Lich King acquired all his minions through talking them to death first. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Nothing beats Cho'Gall when it comes to boss speeches for me. He is awesome. Same with Zon'ozz, Yogg-Saron etc.
    The only one I've heard is Yogg which, compared to LK & KT is nothing. I do still find his death speech at the end in Old God tongue amusing though. "W'ssh!"
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    I like that too--Mal pretty much calls him a pussy through the entire thing by pointing out that hes too chickenshit to actually be there himself and just has his shade instead, and all Xavius does is basically tell him to stop. I can almost hear Mal rolling his eyes lol

On Topic, the funny thing is that as often as we hear threats like that from mobs and bosses, I found myself taking one seriously when my toon was freshly dinged in Highmountain.

I main an Outlaw rogue and was using the trinket off Archimonde that increased the damage of my 'Run Through' finishing move by 67%, so it was great to level with, then of course once i dinged combat became much harder when that was made inactive. So when a couple of Feltotem guys rushed me and one of them shouted "I'm gonna tear your arms off!" I was like...'Shit I think he means it' O.o
    And then Xavius tells him off because a shadow of his true power was enough to get him.

Clearly, we need more bosses telling us to break ourselves upon his body.

Body.

Body.

Body.

(Fun fight, that one.)
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Your patheric <enter thing here> blah blah blub