Kingdom of Amalur : Reckoned

Ok, the source will not be very popular, but the source does not change the content.

http://deadspin.com/curt-schilling-3...ion-1786819304
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2016-09-20 at 01:12 AM.

Still haven't gotten through the first half hour of that game. The moment I got asked to fetch a potion from some wizard in a forest my soul died of boredom..

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the most underrated games ever, IMO. Not that it is particularly spectacular, but, goddammit, it got much less attention than it deserved... The lore was pretty awesomemazing!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I think everyone on this forum should at least check a review for this game. It's like a single player WoW with it's quest system. Does a pretty good job of making you feel like a badass, the sound of your massive crystal hammer smashing through a horde of skeletons is pretty satisfying.

OP, why did you link to an article about Curt Schilling?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Your replies are the equivalent of a dog that farts then looks at the people in the room like they did something wrong.

A lot of people said Kingdom of Amalur was a pretty good game, not the best game in the world but they thought it was worth the money they paid. I couldn't play it cause I was busy at the time.

Curt Schilling ran a game studio at one time.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by ShuaVerde View Post
    OP, why did you link to an article about Curt Schilling?
    Uh, because Curt Schilling ran this company (hence the name-38)

The title thread is a pun : it was Amalur : Reckoning now it have ben Reckoned

Ahh, I learned something new today. I had no idea Curt Schilling had anything to do with the game. Shame we'll never see a sequel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Your replies are the equivalent of a dog that farts then looks at the people in the room like they did something wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh, I learned something new today. I had no idea Curt Schilling had anything to do with the game. Shame we'll never see a sequel.
    Well, not from the same studio. Someone with enough money and faith could purchase the IP and develop a sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Still haven't gotten through the first half hour of that game. The moment I got asked to fetch a potion from some wizard in a forest my soul died of boredom..
    I tried too so hard get into the game but idk what it is i just cant stand about it.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor With a Saber View Post
    I tried too so hard get into the game but idk what it is i just cant stand about it.
    I would say my biggest gripe was that they took the power fantasy a little too far. At some point in the game I felt unstoppable. I was so strong by the end I could flat out ignore most of the final boss' mechanics, and I took out more than a quarter of her health with single hits if I actually timed it right.

I'm pissed we'll never see the MMO. There's some leaked pre-alpha footage that looks alright, and honestly I really wanted to see how the MMO would turn out. He was (is?) a massive EQ fanboy, so I wanted to see what a studio under him could churn out.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    I would say my biggest gripe was that they took the power fantasy a little too far. At some point in the game I felt unstoppable. I was so strong by the end I could flat out ignore most of the final boss' mechanics, and I took out more than a quarter of her health with single hits if I actually timed it right.
    Wow... yeah i always hate that that you gotta gimp your self to actually not OP everything at end game. Now i'm even less interested in finishing it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm pissed we'll never see the MMO. There's some leaked pre-alpha footage that looks alright, and honestly I really wanted to see how the MMO would turn out. He was (is?) a massive EQ fanboy, so I wanted to see what a studio under him could churn out.

I could see an mmo of it working that would be fun with a super fantasy land being coop
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

While no one contest that Amalur was a decent game, the whole affair was about the 75 million loan from the taxpayers (it goes without saying that ''new IP from a new company with no ''star'' developper that must be profitable with the first release-I think they mentionned one, if not two million, copies sold for being in the black'' was a foregone conclusion...)

10+ Year Old Account
    I played KoA, it was fun and breezy. One of the many guilty pleasures of a Steam Winter Sale.

Another guilty pleasure of mine. Watching a hardcore libertarian-bro like Curt Schilling take-in millions of public welfare, and still fail. Too bad libertarians lack the irony or empathy to truly appreciate it.

when I played trial for it, prior to ME3 release, i couldn't get into it at all. pretty much left it running after a bit of time, solely to unlock that armor you got as a tie in promotion. fast forward couple of years, the whole deal (DLC's included) is on sale on steam for something like $7, so i figure, why the heck not. I actualy spend far more hours on it than I did Skyrim. its not the most amazing game in a world, but it IMO its far better than most people think.

but.. unfortunately, it got sunk and so did the studio with it. which is a shame on many levels :/

KoA was a game with a lot of potential but didn't pan out. The game had great art. The combat to it was ok. I loved that the world in KoA is like and mmo world. The control scheme for it is awkward. Would have been a more fun game if it had the same control schemes as wow with cool downs and abilities. The story of the games wasn't that interesting.