Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Theory: Jaina succumbs to her anger and, as others have suggested, falls for the trap in the Book of the Guardian. She absorbs the power, but in so doing, allows herself to be possessed. We defeat her after the Nighthold. However, Kadghar realizes that the power of the guardian will be needed to stop the invasion. Enter Sylvanas, who sacrifices her own immortality to raise Jaina as the new Banshee Queen.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    So, Horde fans, angry because an Alliance character is angry at the Horde, are once again hoping she turns evil and is defeated in a dungeon or raid boss.

Wake up, people. Jaina's not evil. She's rightfully angry for being thrice betrayed.

And she won't just appear in Orgrimmar and try to murder anything. If anything, she's playing defensive rather than offensive.

Now, to point the double standard:

- Jaina is attacked by the Horde. Her city is destroyed, everyone is killed by a bomb.

- Yes, she tries to destroy Orgrimmar, but gives up on it and use the power to save the Alliance instead.

- Later, she's still trying to promote peace, is betrayed by the Horde, which robs a powerful artifact again to use against the Alliance

- Third, the Horde runs away and leave the Alliance to die.

"We need to kill her".

- Sylvanas leads the Forsaken, promoting the creation of plagues to kill living things.

- Sylvanas invades Gilneas, kills Genn's son and expel the country's citizens

- Sylvanas plague bombs Southshore, a civilian settlement, and puts its people on forced labor camps. (I won't blame her for what the Warden did to the prisoners, but having the prisoners is in itself evil).

- Sylvanas begins raising dead people to replenish her armies. Despite claiming undeath is a curse.

- Sylvanas wanted to murder her own sister so she could be her partner in damnation. Despite claiming undeath is a curse.

- Sylvanas makes a faustian bargain with a devilish demigodess in order to enslave another demigodess so she can achieve immortality.

"She's alright. No evil thing here, everything is justified."
    Something something Alliance Fanboy Spotted. Everything was (borderline) fine until you started with the usual Sylvanas rant bullshit. 2/10 next please.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Kalecgos View Post
    As much as I want her to die, I think the most rational solution is to get her out of the picture for a bit. Make her go and rule Kul Tiras, where it becomes an Alliance hub in the inevitable :V Azshara expansion.
    This is what I'm expecting to see.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaprika View Post
    Something something Alliance Fanboy Spotted. Everything was (borderline) fine until you started with the usual Sylvanas rant bullshit. 2/10 next please.
    None of what he/she wrote about her is incorrect though.

The user is probably made a comparison, being amazed how people rant at a Jaina's character that hasn't done even a fraction of the evil things the other one did, yet some people keep ranting about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    What I think could happen: The Alliance and Horde invade the Broken Shore for a second time, but Jaina ambushes the Horde naval fleet with the fleet she's gotten from Kul'Tiras. With the Horde having lost all ships, the Alliance is forced to retreat and they form a peace treat with the Horde so that together they can attack Kul'Tiras. Kul'Tiras would be a huge new zone, with a huge naval city that heavily resembles Amsterdam from The Netherlands. And within the city will be a raid to storm its keep and deal with Jaina. Overall I think it would make a great major patch, similiar like 5.2 that introduced a whole new zone and raid.
    The Alliance attacking Kul Tiras just because it attacks the Horde would be wrong on so many levels.

While the Horde and the Alliance both fought Garrosh, the only reason why the Horde did it was because Garrosh pissed each and every Horde race off; untill he did that, all of them only voiced concerns about his actions and did nothing at all to stop him, while contributing their armies and resources to his bloodthirsty conquests all over Azeroth.

Kul Tiras on the other hand, while it has always supported the Alliance - regardless wether it meant supporting it from Theramore(the majority of the Alliance forces stationed in Theramore are from Kul Tiras) or on Tol Barad - it has never wronged the entirety of Azeroth the way Garrosh did. In order for Kul Tiras to turn into a Garrosh-class villain, it would have to badly wrong all the Alliance races.

Kul Tiras is an orc-hating kingdom(having ample reason for it too), but they do not hate or harm the present-day Alliance or anyone else, whereas Garrosh harmed the Horde, the Alliance, all of Pandaria and Azeroth.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2016-09-20 at 10:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Well there's an arcane construct in a cave in Val'Sharah where one of those old God orbs for the hidden world boss is located.

It refers to its owner as female too. Seems to me we were wrong about her being a dreadlord, she's a twilight hammer cultist!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Well there's an arcane construct in a cave in Val'Sharah where one of those old God orbs for the hidden world boss is located.

It refers to its owner as female too. Seems to me we were wrong about her being a dreadlord, she's a twilight hammer cultist!
    Thats probably Azshara.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Thats probably Azshara.
    The most powerful Naga in the world living in a cave, nowhere near the sea in an area populated by night elven Druids? Doubtful

Jaina is currently a homeless bum though, so it makes sense for her to be there.

The most powerful Naga in the world living in a cave, nowhere near the sea in an area populated by night elven Druids? Doubtful

Jaina is currently a homeless bum though, so it makes sense for her to be there.
    It was probably an image of her, just like the one that comes out of the cave in Azshuna when Prince Farondis rescues the players from naga slavery.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was probably an image of her, just like the one that comes out of the cave in Azshuna when Prince Farondis rescues the players from naga slavery.
    The construct looked nothing like her. It was a typical arcane familiar frequently used by mages.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=111509/arcane-servitor

Nothing to do with Azshara

The construct looked nothing like her. It was a typical arcane familiar frequently used by mages.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=111509/arcane-servitor

Nothing to do with Azshara
    Azshara was/is the most powerful arcanist on Azeroth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by exriel View Post
    Theory: Jaina succumbs to her anger and, as others have suggested, falls for the trap in the Book of the Guardian. She absorbs the power, but in so doing, allows herself to be possessed. We defeat her after the Nighthold. However, Kadghar realizes that the power of the guardian will be needed to stop the invasion. Enter Sylvanas, who sacrifices her own immortality to raise Jaina as the new Banshee Queen.
    thats so retarded and bad, blizzard might just go with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Azshara was/is the most powerful arcanist on Azeroth.
    If it was Azshara the creature would be in Azsuna.

I think the key to Jaina's future may be hidden in the Prophecy by Korialstrasz:

"After the red comes the silver,
    She who was golden and bright;
    The Proud Lady humbled and bitter,
    Shall now turn her thoughts to the fight.

Saphire to diamond she gleams now,
    The Kirin Tor leader who comes,
    "Queen" of a kingdom now fallen,
    Marching to war's martial drums.

Be ye warned - the tides of war
    At last shall break upon the shore."

The first two parts clearly describe Jaina after Theramore's Fall and up to the events in MoP with the Kirin Tor offensive and the Siege of Orgrimmar.

The last line reminds me of the Broken Shore and makes me wonder if it could refer to Legion and beyond.

On it's own the last line could mean Jaina finally broke as a result of the events on the Broken Shore, but then the line above it regarding "Tides of War", also the name of the book in which it was published, doesn't make sense to me.

"Tides of War" could refer to the alliance/horde conflict started by Garrosh in Cataclysm and then the last part of the prophecy could mean Jaina will turn the tide of the war between Horde and Alliance as a result of the events on the Broken Shore?

Alternatively, "Tides of War" could refer to Jaina's flip-flopping between neutral/anti-horde states and that events on the Broken Shore result in her now staying Anti-Horde.

In both cases we can expect Jaina to start an offensive to push back the Horde and maybe we'll see the Horde on the defensive/reacting for once in the next expansion while the Alliance takes the initiative under Jaina's leadership.

So, Horde fans, angry because an Alliance character is angry at the Horde, are once again hoping she turns evil and is defeated in a dungeon or raid boss.
    It's not a problem that she is angry at the Horde. The main problem is that she is a poorly written character since Tides of War. She constantly jumps between, "I don't trust the Horde! But, alright I'll help", (Warlords of Draenor for example) to, "I wanna rip these Hordies apart and eat their hearts!" (of course I exaggerate a little bit, but you get what I mean) And it doesn't really help that she acts like a angry child during Legion. ("Why do you vote against me? I don't accept this vote! *Stomp stomp, sticks out tongue* They will betray you. Now I go into my room! *teleports out*)

Wake up, people. Jaina's not evil. She's rightfully angry for being thrice betrayed.

And she won't just appear in Orgrimmar and try to murder anything. If anything, she's playing defensive rather than offensive.

Now, to point the double standard:

- Jaina is attacked by the Horde. Her city is destroyed, everyone is killed by a bomb.

- Yes, she tries to destroy Orgrimmar, but gives up on it and use the power to save the Alliance instead.

- Later, she's still trying to promote peace, is betrayed by the Horde, which robs a powerful artifact again to use against the Alliance

- Third, the Horde runs away and leave the Alliance to die.

"We need to kill her".

- Sylvanas leads the Forsaken, promoting the creation of plagues to kill living things.

- Sylvanas invades Gilneas, kills Genn's son and expel the country's citizens

- Sylvanas plague bombs Southshore, a civilian settlement, and puts its people on forced labor camps. (I won't blame her for what the Warden did to the prisoners, but having the prisoners is in itself evil).

- Sylvanas begins raising dead people to replenish her armies. Despite claiming undeath is a curse.

- Sylvanas wanted to murder her own sister so she could be her partner in damnation. Despite claiming undeath is a curse.

- Sylvanas makes a faustian bargain with a devilish demigodess in order to enslave another demigodess so she can achieve immortality.

"She's alright. No evil thing here, everything is justified."
    Seriously, you wrote this whole post to complain that people are complaining about Jaina, but then you used the word "Jaina" twice and "Sylvanas" six times.

I don't know what "double standard" you're on about, because believe it or not, some of us hate Jaina as a character because - and this is important - we don't enjoy her as a character.

Sylvanas is morally grey at best, but most would consider her evil. That says nothing about how good she is as a character.

Unless we're seeing very different posts in the Lore forum, most complaints leveled against Jaina is that she's inconsistently written, which is absolutlely true. The problem seems to be that they hadn't quite settled on what to do with her character yet, so she flips between being madly against the Horde and trying to promote peace. She's settled on Horde-hate now, which - IMO - isn't great, since Garrosh and the Sunreavers were behind everything and the bulk of the Horde helped to overthrow Garrosh. Finally, the Horde didn't "run away", and Jaina's the only one who doesn't understand that. Even Genn says he's just too angry to think straight about it and opts out of the funeral as a result. On top of all that, she throws a tantrum when Khadgar suggests that maybe the Legion is a bigger deal than her grudge.

For my money, I think Jaina's been better in Legion. I find her annoying as a character, but her motivations are at least stable now, and she's clearly been established as somebody who's hate for the Horde outshines her logical capabilities. This is similar to Genn, but in his case it isn't the "horde", it's specifically Sylvanas, which makes more sense. Most of Jaina's beef was with Garrosh, and the Horde helped to overthrow him. She really ought to have had some closure in WoD.

In Sylvanas' case, she's interesting to watch. She's clearly not a "good" person, but that makes for more interesting characters. Her motivation has always been to look out for herself and her people above all else, and she's still doing that. Now that the entirety of the Horde is "her people", it'll be really interesting to see her continue to develop.

The key difference between the two is that Sylvanas has clear and established motivations that make sense and develop. She's been building and nurturing the Forsaken since day 1 of WoW, whereas Jaina's been flipping all over the place. This isn't the same as character development, since Jaina seems to regress and develop at random, only settling on bizarre racism relatively recently.

It's also worth mentioning that when you say "she won't just appear in Orgrimmar and try to murder anything", that's only because she's already tried to murder all of Orgrimmar and was barely stopped in time. I get that she's gone through some awful things, but her blame is entirely misplaced and is a complete 180 turn from what we knew of her character up until Theramore, which is the biggest kicker. She was rational and understood that people can't be defined en masse based on an individual, but then Garrosh blows up her city and she decides the entire Horde is evil. Gotcha.

It's fine not to like Sylvanas or find her evil or whatever, but comparing her to Jaina feels like a really bizarre reach to try and turn this into another Sylvanas topic. Long story short, Jaina has a lot of problems with how she's been written and developed, whereas people mostly just argue about Sylvanas' morality (which if anything is a sign of good writing).

Jaina is one of the most tragic characters in Warcraft (the only other one I can think of is Illidan, frankly, though in a somewhat different way) and it would be a shame if she was just corrupted and made into a raid boss. She deserves more. Illidan was as much of a scumbag as he was ever a savior, and everything he did, he did as much for himself as for the others, but Jaina has been a 100% altruistic character up until Theramore was destroyed - and the Horde has given has plenty reasons to distrust them, as did Arthas before. Everyone has their limits, though, and seeing Theramore destroyed by the same Horde she helped save on numerous occassions (and without her, there would be no Horde today) was just too much. She has every right to be mad and to wish them all death. This is not a sign of corruption, it's just a sign of reaching ones limits of patience. So what it was just Garrosh and his (actually quite numerous) followers that destroyed Theramore? The rest of the Horde, which was massively indebted to her, did not stop Garrosh. It's enough to draw an equation mark between them and Garrosh, since they did benefit from the destruction of Theramore. It's not like they revolted right after he saw what he did, they only revolted after Garrosh turned on them. Jaina's anger is perfectly justified. It's not out of the character for her to turn her opinion of the Horde around so suddenly. As long as the Horde respected their truce and left Theramore, the thing that was most precious to Jaina, alone, she felt they can be trusted, despite minor things that may have happened in-between. After she lost that, it's only natural that she would stop supporting the Horde, which has done NOTHING for her. The Horde always abused her kindness and never did anything for her, and when she needed their help for once, they did nothing. Her only fault is that she trusted the Horde for so long despite every argument against it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, apparently, Il'gynoth in Emerald Nightmare does some funny old god whisper shenanigans. One of the whispers is this one:

Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it.

I would say Jaina is the character that fits this description the most. He also does whisper some other interesting things, but that's stuff for another thread.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Jaina is one of the most tragic characters in Warcraft (the only other one I can think of is Illidan, frankly, though in a somewhat different way) and it would be a shame if she was just corrupted and made into a raid boss. She deserves more. Illidan was as much of a scumbag as he was ever a savior, and everything he did, he did as much for himself as for the others, but Jaina has been a 100% altruistic character up until Theramore was destroyed - and the Horde has given has plenty reasons to distrust them, as did Arthas before. Everyone has their limits, though, and seeing Theramore destroyed by the same Horde she helped save on numerous occassions (and without her, there would be no Horde today) was just too much. She has every right to be mad and to wish them all death. This is not a sign of corruption, it's just a sign of reaching ones limits of patience. So what it was just Garrosh and his (actually quite numerous) followers that destroyed Theramore? The rest of the Horde, which was massively indebted to her, did not stop Garrosh. It's enough to draw an equation mark between them and Garrosh, since they did benefit from the destruction of Theramore. It's not like they revolted right after he saw what he did, they only revolted after Garrosh turned on them. Jaina's anger is perfectly justified. It's not out of the character for her to turn her opinion of the Horde around so suddenly. As long as the Horde respected their truce and left Theramore, the thing that was most precious to Jaina, alone, she felt they can be trusted, despite minor things that may have happened in-between. After she lost that, it's only natural that she would stop supporting the Horde, which has done NOTHING for her. The Horde always abused her kindness and never did anything for her, and when she needed their help for once, they did nothing. Her only fault is that she trusted the Horde for so long despite every argument against it.
    What was the Horde supposed to do? They didn't know about the mana bomb.... And While questionable what he did, he was still their warchief. Resistances don't form over night.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    So, apparently, Il'gynoth in Emerald Nightmare does some funny old god whisper shenanigans. One of the whispers is this one:

Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it.

I would say Jaina is the character that fits this description the most. He also does whisper some other interesting things, but that's stuff for another thread.
    Could just refer to Azshara as well.

Xal'atath whispers: It is possible N'Zoth may be responsible for her form, but her arrogance is all her own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    She doesn't have to be corrupted. I'm fairly certain she would sell out to the Legion willingly in order to destroy the Horde. Warlock Jaina will be thing, mark my words.
    I'm loving it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Why would his tears be green?

And oh lawdy if she ever did that, no one would stand in the way of his rage. He probably ask Sylvanas for tips on revenge.
    Cuz everything about Green Jesus is green...

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    What was the Horde supposed to do? They didn't know about the mana bomb.... And While questionable what he did, he was still their warchief. Resistances don't form over night.
    Well, I haven't read the novels, so let's assume they didn't know about the bomb and they couldn't have stopped the bombing itself. But if they felt any kind of gratitude towards Jaina, they should be rebelled against Garrosh right after they heard about the destruction of Theramore. They didn't. AFAIK they only rebelled after Garrosh turned on them. They were mostly fine with him as long as he was killing the Alliance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.