Thread: Blood Rotation

Blood Rotation

I am wondering if I am missing something rotation wise, it often feels like there are gaps with nothing to do because I don't have any runes ready and my runic power is low.

I'll usually open with a DnD, and then Marrowrend twice or even three times to get my bone shields above 5 stacks. Drop a blood boil into a Heart Strike. Sometimes if I am doing single target or the mobs have not reduced my Bone Shield enough I can use a Death Strike, however often I am sitting waiting for a second rune to pop up so I can Marrowrend again, and my Runic Power is too low for another Heart Strike. This happens pretty regularly, and I am wondering if I am just doing the rotation in the wrong order or missing something obvious that will fill out my rotation better.

Then again, my main is a Brewmaster, so I am ALWAYS feeling like I can't push buttons fast enough with that class.

Deleted
    You're mostly correct. Heartstrike uses runes, not runic power so that may be a part of the reason you're messing up. If you think you're spending runic power instead of runes.

Generally my opener is d&d, devastate, marrow, marrow, DS (if I've taken damage and pool of not). Then just balance spending runes on marrow and heart and using ds to heal or make sure you don't go over RP cap.

I also use Bone Storm for mystics other 5 man's because why the hell not.

With the way we work it's often better to pool resources as log as you've got 2 runes on CD and won't get over cap of RP.

Haste also helps with regenerating runes.

Deleted
    Couple of pointers:

> What is your haste?
    > The entire blood dk design is now focused on the marrowrend vs DS vs HS. HS to produce RP, then DS.
    > Blood dk is all about pressing fewer buttons when possible. Push-anything-that-glows will deplete you of runes and RP quickly.
    > As a blood dk that plays BM as secondary tank, I feel like BM is incredibly spammy. So I think you might just not be used to the style.

Quote Originally Posted by Campbell123 View Post
    Generally my opener is d&d, devastate, marrow, marrow, DS (if I've taken damage and pool of not). Then just balance spending runes on marrow and heart and using ds to heal or make sure you don't go over RP cap.
    I also use Bone Storm for mystics other 5 man's because why the hell not.
    That's my opener as well, assuming you mean consumption and not devastate. I sometimes go with marrowrend first if I feel I need the BS immediately. Also +1 for bonestorm. But can be tricky to use (bit like BoS, check your RP)
    Last edited by mmoc9ae6469358; 2016-09-20 at 03:09 PM.

Deleted
    I meant consumption

Deleted
    At about 20% haste the specc starts to get (a bit) smoother. I usually start the fight with DRW to get 10 stacks of BS quickly, starting with 0 stacks is really painfull. If you are AE tanking, dont bother with boneshield stacks, just keep them above 0.

Right now i'm sitting at 8% haste and i almost always have something to do, if i can promote Reds amazing WA rotation helper one more time i would highly suggest checking it out.

Quote Originally Posted by redfella View Post
    Redfella's Blood Death Knight WeakAuras

Strings, Info & Setup instructions @ http://bit.ly/reds_weakauras

To add to what people have already said, I would recommend using Dancing Rune Weapon on the pull right after you drop Death and Decay. Even without the DRW talent, you still generate twice the number of Bone Shield stacks from Marrowrend when DRW is up, providing three benefits: You get Ossuary online quicker, you'll have a strong HP buffer at the start thanks to Foul Bulwark ramping up immediately on the pull, and you can start Heart Striking to build RP right away.

Personally, my opener tends to be:

D&D, DRW, Marrowrend (6-8 stacks of Bone Shield), Consumption, Blood Boil, Heart Strike, Blood Boil, [sit on two runes for a while], Marrowrend when DRW is about to end or Bone Shield goes down to 5 stacks, and then continue my normal rotation.

I save Consumption for after the first Marrowrend because I want to get Bone Shield up ASAP, and by delaying Consumption by 1 GCD I can utilize the healing component. The Blood Boil comes next because at this point I'll have three runes and want to get the Blood Boil charges rolling right away. Remember that you're maximizing rune regen as long as no more than 3 runes are active at any one time, so doing the second Marrowrend before the first Blood Boil costs you DPS in the form of missed Blood Boils. At this point, you're still sitting at 5-8 Bone Shield stacks depending on traits and if you've parried the first attack, so you're free to spend rune #4 on Heart Strike and keep the other two on reserve to Marrowrend for when you're about to get below 5 stacks or DRW is about to end.

Deleted
    Dont "waste" all your runes asap. It is more effective to sit on 2-3 runes waiting for a crimson scourge procc and then spending runes for more overall DS. Just avoid overcapping ressources. Im at 31% haste without boneshield and the downtime is really low

Never let 4 or more runes be ready as Blood. Edge near 1-2 ready, and always spend before getting to 4.
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

15+ Year Old Account
    Bonestorm helps with filler.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

Thanks for the advice. I think I just need to wait until I am 110 and work on jamming up my haste.

One think I've noticed as a leveled, which may be useful for other new DKs is that a lot of times when I was waiting for a second rune to pop up to Marrowrend, and doing nothing, I could have DSed. Often two runes are filling up at the same time when one rune is still full and waiting. Now I just hit to the DS knowing that I will have two runes in a second anyway.
    Last edited by Wyattbw09; 2016-09-24 at 09:37 PM.

For proper play though, you want to hover at as high RP as possible without capping so you can fire two to three DS back to back when health dips.
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>