Page 1 of 27
... LastLast

Day1 of raid - "know the fights" required

What went wrong with this games community? How can we fix it?

Blizzard made the choice to publically test fights before they go live and publish the dungeon journal.

You're actively letting down your guild mates in a competitive activity if you don't at least look at the dungeon journal.

Blame Blizzard.

Keep in mind before these things existed fights were EXTREMELY buggy on live and often poorly tuned.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    maybe people want you to actualty show you give a shit and look up how to do the fights? how is anything wrong with the community?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get it. You're mad that someone is asking people to do a bit of research before stepping into a raid for the first time?

Indeed, what is wrong with this lazy ass community?

Stop grouping with a-holes? Find a guild or friends who aren't elitist scumbags?

I mean, there's a lot of info out there for how the boss fights work. It shouldn't be hard to study up to know what you're doing, even on the first time there. But you don't really "KNOW" the fight until you've done it once.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    maybe people want you to actualty show you give a shit and look up how to do the fights? how is anything wrong with the community?
    Exactly. I don't see the issue in watching a Fatboss video and reading up on the dungeon journal.

It's a disappointing change I've seen over the last 10 or so years in gaming.

Best bet is to be proactive and create a guild that wants to go in and experience a fight, versus learn the dance moves before hand and take the fun (subjective, I know some of you just want the loot) out of it.

RL buddy and I started doing this in MoP and we've enjoyed ourselves much, much more.

What's wrong is people like you are too lazy to look up the fight on youtube and watch a short video, or at least google and read the strats.

How can we fix it? By you knowing the god damn fight.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    To me, most of the thrill of a new raid is learning the encounters. If you research all the bosses then you already know what to expect and it's not new or exciting.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Start a guild and make it a rule not to look up fights. Some people actually like that, wiping all night, trying to figure out tactics all by themselves. Most don't though, so you'll just need to find or create a guild of people who do.

I can imagine most people don't want to figure things out themselves. They're already going to bash their heads against those walls for weeks and months, no need to prolong it by not knowing the fights before going in.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I'm gonna watch a walkthrough of zelda before I play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it really that unreasonable to expect someone to have at least read about the encounter? It's not like there aren't 500 encounter videos up either.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Blizzard made the choice to publically test fights before they go live and publish the dungeon journal.

You're actively letting down your guild mates in a competitive activity if you don't at least look at the dungeon journal.

Blame Blizzard.

Keep in mind before these things existed fights were EXTREMELY buggy on live and often poorly tuned.
    Except raiding was designed to be cooperative, not competitive. The community makes it competitive due to their insatiable needs to prove their superiority to others because they have a micropenis that requires the hubble telescope to find.

It's like those sociopathic people who believe pushing greater rift levels in Diablo is more important than holding a full time job because they think it's relevant or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    What's wrong is people like you are too lazy to look up the fight on youtube and watch a short video, or at least google and read the strats.

How can we fix it? By you knowing the god damn fight.
    Yeah let me look up a walkthrough of mega man before I play the game!

You know there's been video and written guides of most of these fights now almost everywhere WoW related. How is it unreasonable to ask someone have reviewed at least one of these sources? YOU'RE what went wrong with this games community.

Don't wanna spoil the fights for yourself? Then build your own group of individuals who wanna dump gold for repair costs to wipe on trash over and over again.

Mega Man = single player game, no one cares how you play it, it doesn't impact them.
    WoW raids = 9-29 other people who actually want to kill shit and have their time been well spent and rewarded.
    Last edited by scorpious1109; 2016-09-20 at 08:11 PM.

These fights have been tested in some cases, since January. Dungeon Journal. Youtube. Like 500 different strat websites. There is zero mystery. Players have more access to information than ever before.

Knowing the fights is perfectly reasonable.

- - - Updated - - -

You should.

It's the smart thing to do so you don't miss any health tanks or armor upgrades (if Mega Man X).

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe I'm a bit of an old-y, but I don't see what new/wrong/unusual about this requirement.

I've always asked/expected my group members, whether they be PuGs or guildies to take 5 minutes and look at a TankSpot/Fatboss/Vox/etc. video of a boss fight to get an idea of what they're going to be doing when we pull, to avoid stupid wipes on stuff like "Oh, I didn't know Rot's going to drop pools!" or "I didn't think there were going to be that many bugs!"

Again, maybe it's just that I'm an old soul, and I expect my group to be a team of equals, not a "Teacher and students" environment, but I don't see anything new or wrong about asking people to have even a vague idea about the fights they're going to do.
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    It's a disappointing change I've seen over the last 10 or so years in gaming.

Best bet is to be proactive and create a guild that wants to go in and experience a fight, versus learn the dance moves before hand and take the fun (subjective, I know some of you just want the loot) out of it.

RL buddy and I started doing this in MoP and we've enjoyed ourselves much, much more.
    Yeah I do stuff with cool people but I'm not sure why gaming changed to be like this. It's so ass backwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Single player game where only your time is wasted rather than 9-29 other people's time

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    These fights have been tested in some cases, since January. Dungeon Journal. Youtube. Like 500 different strat websites. There is zero mystery. Players have more access to information than ever before.

Knowing the fights is perfectly reasonable.

- - - Updated - - -

You should.

It's the smart thing to do so you don't miss any health tanks or armor upgrades (if Mega Man X).
    I don't read the last chapter of a book before starting it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    Single player game where only your time is wasted rather than 9-29 other people's time
    "You're wasting my time!" lol, to do what? AFK in org? Enjoy the damn journey.