Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Well if you think that's a productive way to view the world then i guess there isn't much i can do to stop you.

I dunno maybe try to realise that just because you don't see these things in your life that people here or on the internet in general aren't negatively affected by the things you say and even in your own life you might be having a negative affect on people. It might not be your fault but maybe people are not open or honest with you about their feelings and life stories.
    I don't really care if their life story is real or not. Won't change the fact that i'm trying to help them help themselves.

If me being honest and trying to motivate them to take some time to be healthier is having a negative effect... I can't imagine what will have a positive effect on those people. Especially since i freely admit that i'm at a loss still (discipline wise) when it comes to the subject at hand.

It's their health so... their loss.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Yes, make food more expensive. That'll sort out all the problems.
    Of course that would be the wrong solution... how about subsidiarizing healthy food... It is just horrible how much more it costs to choose a healthy balance over an unhealthy one. If you're poor, you are sure to die earlier from being forced to eat the shitty kind of food all your life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Josuke showing the world that he knows nothing yet again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the entire medical industry is bollocks.

Yeah I realise you're british, you act like it. It's blaringly obvious.

It's lazy to be an ass hole like you are.

You're lazy in a different way. So get off your high horse pal and better yourself before you condemn others.
    Yeah, but I'm not fat though. You can continue to make excuses for fat people, but when push comes to shove it is almost guaranteed they are fat due to their laziness and greed.

Barring a tiny fraction of the population, people in the UK don't have reasonable excuses to be fat and you can cry until you are blue in the face, but that won't make what I say any less true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah-chan View Post
    Of course that would be the wrong solution... how about subsidiarizing healthy food... It is just horrible how much more it costs to choose a healthy balance over an unhealthy one. If you're poor, you are sure to die earlier from being forced to eat the shitty kind of food all your life.
    In the UK we actually do penalise unhealthy food with higher taxes, most food and drink is not VAT rated (our sales tax), except for a bunch of unhealthy ones.

If there is one thing in life you can guarantee, it is that the UK Government will try to tax something if they can come up with an excuse to do so.

- - - Updated - - -

Rather be fat than a terrible human being that people will not miss when i die.

What you say isn't supported by any scientific evidence.
    So there is no science saying that eating too much makes you fat?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people think it's the governments job to do every fucking thing for you? Quit giving your kids shitty foods and force them to play outside. Problem solved.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

If you're trying to help you're doing a terrible job. There are more productive ways to motivate people than undermining their self worth.

Well it's good to admit you're not doing a good job. That means you should sit back, reflect and improve yourself before you throw stones at others.

Lots of people do not enjoy life and do not care about their health.
    Since when is having a reasonable argument undermining their self worth?

If i try to improve something, and have someone open my eyes to new possibilities that will actually help me reach my goals, i thank them even if i don't want to do it. There is no use in cowering just because you realize you might not be doing enough/someone is doing more/better.

If people feel threatened by my reasoning maybe they should develop a thicker skin.
    Will surely help them along their life in many other situations

PS: About the last sentence. It is known. You can just look around and see.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no science saying that laziness is the cause.
    We have known it is the cause for ages, why do you think the NHS is always promoting exercise and healthy eating?

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    Josuke showing the world that he knows nothing yet again.
    A thorough demonstration indeed.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah make kids play on the street! Nothing could go wrong.
    Don't worry, we'll wrap them in cotton wool

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah make kids play on the street! Nothing could go wrong.
    Or go to a park, or a field, or a playground...

I played in the street a lot as a kid. Never had any problems.

You're just being obtuse and frankly idiotic. But based off of your prior post history that shouldn't surprise me.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah that's going to stop a car destroying them.
    Which is why they're taught road safety...

- - - Updated - - -

yeah that's going to stop a car destroying them.

- - - Updated - - -

You have a loli as your display picture..............................

I mean if anything displays a lack of self awareness it's that.
    You don't even know what a loli is clearly

Because it's not reasonable to say that to people to motivate them.

Well maybe focus on improving yourself instead of trying to motivate others if you can't motivate them without insulting them.

Yes lets all become callous unfeeling beings. That sounds great.
    /facepalm

No insults at all. But maybe logic is an insult to some people i guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can exercise and still eat healthy and be lazy.

I mean like you right now. Intellectually lazy. Refusing to ignore other contributing factors.
    Contributing factors or just excuses?

You mentioned hours worked earlier, yet when I was in the UK I worked long hours sometimes for 6 or 7 days a week, due to me wanting to be successful and it worked. I still ate healthily, I still didn't get fat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Teaching kids road safety doesn't mean they should play in the streets.

Point being kids need more recreational areas in built up cities.

I know what a loli is. Let me guess that character is actually 300 years old but in a 12 year olds body or something and that's what makes it different?

- - - Updated - - -

Did you ever watch star trek?

spock is an interesting study of brute logic vs. emotion. Logic isn't always the answer and sometimes empathy and compassion is.
    She doesn't have a prepubescent body so not a loli.

10+ Year Old Account
    I live in a city where the closest park is a 20 minute drive, many people do.

I also played in the street as a kid. While nothing happened to me several of my friends were hit by cars and one was abducted.
    Did you live in Fred West's neighbourhood?

10+ Year Old Account
    I live in a city where the closest park is a 20 minute drive, many people do.

I also played in the street as a kid. While nothing happened to me several of my friends were hit by cars and one was abducted.
    And that applies to every kid ever? I guarantee there are places these kids can play.

Advocating the government make your kids less fat because you can't or won't find a place for them to play is idiotic. Figure something out. Don't rely on the government for everything. Be creative.

Fuck it. Get em a Wii and make em do the exercising games on there.

Did you ever watch star trek?

spock is an interesting study of brute logic vs. emotion. Logic isn't always the answer and sometimes empathy and compassion is.
    I did. One does not exist without the other. And Spock is like the most awkward person when it comes to empathy/compassion.
    There are no need for extremes. I can be empathic/compassionate towards someone and still present a logical argument.

Maybe i should pat their back while going "there there don't cry. Eat one more deep-fried twinkie.. it will help your feelings cause thats whats REALLY important <3 /hug".

10+ Year Old Account
    That's nice. I'm guessing you didn't have kids at the time. You weren't mentally or physically ill either.

- - - Updated - - -

Ephebophilia is gross no matter how you try spin it pal. Moe is probably more apt if you want me to placate your pedantry though
    Luckily it's not a person ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    That's nice. I'm guessing you didn't have kids at the time. You weren't mentally or physically ill either.
    No, but my mother had four children, five if you include my father as he was old school, yet she wasn't fat, nor was my father and only one of my brothers was, which was literally because he used to eat extra meals at his friend's house and lie about it. To the point that my parents took him to the doctor thinking he had some medical condition, Greedy Little Bastard was the medical diagnosis.