Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    no. it just happens when kids are on the street. It takes literally an instant of their parent not watching to happen.
    You realise that abduction of children and them getting run over are not particularly common occurrences, don't you? Our motor vehicle accident rate in the UK is impressively low and hardly anybody gets abducted.

People who are really poor are underweight. Anyone who claims to be "poor" and is fat is not really poor, they are just lazy or dont care about their health. If you can afford mcdonalds everyday you are not poor, you could buy tons of healthy food for the money you waste on this unhealthy stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's not me asking the government. It's Jamie Oliver. I agree blaming the government is stupid, society is where the fault lies. We have no compassion for each other to the point we will watch people suffer and write off their experiences as excuses.

Being creative while juggling 2000 other things in your life is easier said than done though.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah it is lucky that people can vent their creepy obsessions through fiction and not real life isn't it.
    An avatar = obsession now, okay

10+ Year Old Account
    So are you getting my point? That you are probably an awkward person when it comes to compassion and empathy?

It's not an argument though. It's someones life. From what you're saying though it doesn't sound like you're effectively doing both.

And no that's called enabling which isn't good. The hug shit is fine though.

- - - Updated - - -

And well yeah you've got a custom sig, someone put effort into that. It kinda shows you care more about her than numerous other things you could put there.
    Found it on the net actually

10+ Year Old Account
    Still creepy.
    Well thankfully I don't give a fuck

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I hope that works out for you.
    Works out great if I ignore people who judge me based on two pictures.

So are you getting my point? That you are probably an awkward person when it comes to compassion and empathy?
    I show empathy and compassion when it is REALLY needed/important. Not in healthier options arguments.

"Oh, can't eat healthy? how sad =(((((" - There! Compassion! See how it helped? No because it really didn't do shit.
    "Oh you can't eat healthy and feel bad? I know how you feel bud =(" - Empathy! Again, see how it helped? It didn't.

In both situations the 2 people are still unhealthy.

None of those cases helped because it's just catering to feelings. They need to be shown the truth and how to improve even if it means letting some tears flow or having to alter your life a bit for the better!

I just got a thicker skin than you it seems, as i don't think any piece of logic is there to harm me. NO. It's there to empower me!
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who likes moe stuff is pretty suspect unless they are like 13.
    You do realise that you won't get a rise out of me I hope?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    And that applies to every kid ever? I guarantee there are places these kids can play.

Advocating the government make your kids less fat because you can't or won't find a place for them to play is idiotic. Figure something out. Don't rely on the government for everything. Be creative.

Fuck it. Get em a Wii and make em do the exercising games on there.
    The problem is there wasn't that many good games that properly used the Wiis features.

There was a couple of snowboard and sports games that used the footboard and a few more for the nunchuck.

Also exercise isn't only a problem for kids. I imagine in a lot of places going to an open park to do any exercise might draw trouble and not everyone has a private garden.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both those examples are terrible examples. You need to work on that.

here let me pose my own example

"Oh can't eat healthy, you must be lazy." - There! "Logic" (according to the people here). All you've achieved with that is attacking someones self esteem. Even if it causes them to lose weight you've probably caused other more internal issiues.

Probably. I'm a sensitive person. There is no shame in that. I just think there are more productive and healthy ways to help people that brute force logic.

- - - Updated - - -

Im not trying to get a rise. I just want you to know that lots of people find would find you creepy. That all. The sooner you stop responding the sooner ill stop trying to point that out.
    She's my favourite character from a recent anime and if someone judges me for that then so be it.

10+ Year Old Account
    do you not see what im doing here lol.
    Do you not see what I'm doing here? I'm increasing my post count

Both those examples are terrible examples. You need to work on that.

here let me pose my own example

"Oh can't eat healthy, you must be lazy." - There! "Logic" (according to the people here). All you've achieved with that is attacking someones self esteem. Even if it causes them to lose weight you've probably caused other more internal issiues.
    Except thats not how i said i did it.

Arguments start with acknowledging the problem "I can't eat healthy", followed by the question "Why?" and the reasons presented by the former where a conclusion is made at the end.

All i said was that, in MOST cases, the fault lies in a false perspective of time and their habits, as in, they think they don't have time because they really don't want to take 30 less minutes per day to watch tv/sit on the couch.

Taking 30min less per day to watch tv/sit on the couch and actually trying to do something healthy can do wonders for you health and self-esteem.

As you can see, logic doesn't need to be offensive. It exists for a reason. If people get offended by arguments like that, it's probably a defense mechanism to not have to deal with the subject.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    What about the responsibility of food suppliers offering healthy, affordable and convenient foods though.
    They do, if parents opt to give kids junk that makes them fat that's bad parenting not the governments/suppliers fault.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is increasing your post count on forums still a thing? I thought that shit died with myspace and friend rankings and shit.
    But how else am I supposed to measure my e-peen?

How you said it =/= how people interpret it. I was trying to illustrate that

Im sure if you asked a psychologist or counsellor if they saw the service they provide as an argument they would laugh in your face.

Your approach to this is completely warped and probably doing more harm than good. It's not an argument it should be a conversation.
    Ok i forgot argument has a bad connotation. I was refering to a conversation with no bad tone at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    The problem is there wasn't that many good games that properly used the Wiis features.

There was a couple of snowboard and sports games that used the footboard and a few more for the nunchuck.

Also exercise isn't only a problem for kids. I imagine in a lot of places going to an open park to do any exercise might draw trouble and not everyone has a private garden.
    Oh I understand. My issue was with people trying to blame the government/want the government to fix their every problem. That is annoying to me.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis