Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Would you kick a DPS if they only attacked for 20% of a dungeon?

Why is it acceptable for a healer to only heal 20% of a dungeon and afk the rest?

With healer damage buffs for Legion I hope the playerbase picks up a lot more quickly, than it has been, that healers should be doing more than twiddling their thumbs.

how would you finish a dungeon if the healer was only around for 20% of it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    how would you finish a dungeon if the healer was only around for 20% of it?
    Tank self healing is absurd, over gearing dungeons, bosses not dealing anywhere near enough dmg to pose a threat, and during downtime when no1 requires healing healers are slacking instead of doing dmg...

Quote Originally Posted by Varmin View Post
    Why is it acceptable for a healer to only heal 20% of a dungeon and afk the rest?

With healer damage buffs for Legion I hope the playerbase picks up a lot more quickly, than it has been, that healers should be doing more than twiddling their thumbs.
    Worry about yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Tank self healing is absurd, over gearing dungeons, bosses not dealing anywhere near enough dmg to pose a threat, and during downtime when no1 requires healing healers are slacking instead of doing dmg...
    lol, truly the hard knock life for DPSers I suppose

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes I would kick a DPS only DPSing 20% of the instance, it's their job to do as much damage as possible.

It's a healer's job to ensure the group stays alive. If people are dying a lot because healing is low I will kick the healer. If they're not dying, there's no problem.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

The healers role isnt to do damage. Sure a good one should, but as long as people arent dying I say they are acceptable..

If no one dies, should you kick a healer for low (damage) uptime? Is this what you're really asking?

No. Not in my opinion.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I don't think it's too much to ask people to give feedback based on actual abilities/testing, not hyperbole. (Celestalon)

are people dying? and if they are is it because they took a cleave to the face or stood in avoidable damage. If they answer is no? then the healers job is being done.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    The healers role isnt to do damage. Sure a good one should, but as long as people arent dying I say they are acceptable..
    If healing isn't needed, Healer should go dps spec and do something.

"Hey, this is pretty easy! We can do this without the healer - let him sleep in the corner!"
    The entitlement these days is absurd.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    So do you kick the tank because stuff is dying to quickly? Since stuff is dying fast the tank isn't doing much tanking so does that make them a failure as a tank?

Deleted
    Yes i would kick i even kick lowest dps all the time just for fun

Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    If healing isn't needed, Healer should go dps spec and do something.

"Hey, this is pretty easy! We can do this without the healer - let him sleep in the corner!"
    The entitlement these days is absurd.
    Well from the sound of it they would have died 20% of the time without one.. So...

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    So do you kick the tank because stuff is dying to quickly? Since stuff is dying fast the tank isn't doing much tanking so does that make them a failure as a tank?
    Your point makes 0 sense in the terms of the OP considering most tanks are doing way too much damage at the moment(tank is doing 2 jobs then unlike he's saying the healers are barely doing 1 job).

When i tank, im a DK, if you are above me, you stay, if you are below, you are out, simple

10+ Year Old Account
    If you lived what is there to grief about? If you finish the dungeon without anyone dying/dps pulling shit there is no problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. I think if the healing is that easy with your healer/tank gear then someone should tell the tank to pull more packs.

oh sure pick on the healer when I see DPS constantly tunnel vision on bosses, ignoring kicks, adds, mechanics, objects for fights.... just cus your 100% fighting doesn't mean your doing your job you can be active on every boss and be a complete scrub and a wasted slot.
    The world was just as bad when you were young as it is today. You only see it now because of your age.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Your point makes 0 sense in the terms of the OP considering most tanks are doing way too much damage at the moment(tank is doing 2 jobs then unlike he's saying the healers are barely doing 1 job).
    and he does that damage because he does a special rotation that does more damage? No they just do their tanking rotation and it does more damage than they did before which will be nerfed soon.

I play as a dps and healer (and I don't dps at all in my healer even tho I would like to do that a little but i am not used to do the healing and dps) and I would kick any dps that slack, while the healer will only be kicked if he cant do his healing job in the normal circumstance. (Yet healers try their best to keep "idiot" people alive because I doubt they would enjoy seeing someone in their party die (in few circumstance they would!)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varmin View Post

Been kick a few times to many due to low DPS?

I sense LARGE amounts of salt here.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s