Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ehxy View Post
    Just being able to hit 200k + makes me believe ret is fine and any buffs are a knee jerk reaction.

GG blizzard ya buffed a class that didn't need buffs.\

EDIT:

Actually is that blessing of might is whoever you blessed also? Because that might be the disparity that makes you look good.
    yeaah, doesn't need buffs.
    More anecdotal evidence on Paladin Channel, stay tuned!

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I was expecting buffs to our generators and AoE, pleasantly surprised to see TV buffed as well. With crusade we have some incredibly strong single target burn but it just falls off outside of that. I think we might see the TV buff reverted but the DS buff to stay. Unless of course they keep the TV buffs and implement the 7.1 patch version of Crusade. Now we just need a bit more mobility ....

Quote Originally Posted by fbodyvixen View Post
    Did you actually pay attention to my post, because that post was entirely referencing Potion of the old war and the amount of damage it attributed to me. I'm not sure why you had to go off on a tangent about my dps and some disparity that made me look good? I had 18.6 uptime on retribution...that certainly contributes to my damage. I also got Rot more than anyone else that attempt and I ended up dieing towards the end due to running from one bug straight into another just as it spawned. I still managed to end up third after getting a rez. Regardless, alot of rets damage depends on others. I have to pray that the people I buffed might with stay alive and do good damage. This is not good balancing IMO. So yes, we needed a buff. Don't even get me started on our AOE/Cleave. The only reason our single target looks half way decent right now is because of progression and the amount of deaths that generally happen, as well as people abusing T18 2pc. Once people get shit on farm, I think you'd notice us start sliding down the list alot.
    I quoted your post? Did you expect me to go through all your posts and perform a research essay on you too? Calm down and I'll tell ya your wall of text grammar nobody is going to read your posts. Mistake made, paladins got a buff anyway. NBD. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    I was expecting buffs to our generators and AoE, pleasantly surprised to see TV buffed as well. With crusade we have some incredibly strong single target burn but it just falls off outside of that. I think we might see the TV buff reverted but the DS buff to stay. Unless of course they keep the TV buffs and implement the 7.1 patch version of Crusade. Now we just need a bit more mobility ....
    These hotfixes are what they can do now. Stop being entitled running a complex system like this and expecting patches that make significant changes to how a class performs requires rigorous testing considering the amount of checks and balances are in place for every skill against what, and in what situation which is more than just the 100 you're thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by ehxy View Post
    I quoted your post? Did you expect me to go through all your posts and perform a research essay on you too? Calm down and I'll tell ya your wall of text grammar nobody is going to read your posts. Mistake made, paladins got a buff anyway. NBD. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

These hotfixes are what they can do now. Stop being entitled running a complex system like this and expecting patches that make significant changes to how a class performs requires rigorous testing considering the amount of checks and balances are in place for every skill against what, and in what situation which is more than just the 100 you're thinking.
    Wasn't that what beta was for? Maybe, this is beta and we just get to keep our progress.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunSaren View Post
    As mad as it sounds, yes i was on cenarius! As i posted earlier, i felt fine overall, better on most bosses. While every1 here seems to be on the ''we can't be balnced about high retribution uptime'' train, which is true, we are more likely to have it than not, if you look at progress encounters, where deaths happen quite often, especially towards the end, so you can pull of some sick bubble - taunt - batshit crazy dmg move to secure those last 0.5% of boss, which happen way more than one could imagine.
    The cenarius thingy: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done , now ppl will start saying how high my retribution uptime was (26%) and how i got it during crusade + BL + pot, which is true and helped my dmg A LOT, it really just shows the reality of how encounters go, you are bound to have some uptime on it, and while i may not play in the best guild in the world, i'm quite sure it isn't bad either, currently doing very well i could say. It's the nature of this game, fuckups happen, and its nice if the sad weak pink guy can make some use out of it :>
    Sure, and how will you do next week? Took you 26% uptime to get to top 3. Retribution passive is not something you can count on and its effectiveness reduces with time. Its just not ok to depend on it.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2016-09-26 at 07:05 AM.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    It's a bit odd that they are buffing TV but not JV (thus devaluing JV), especially considering the nerf to crusade looked like DP was going to become the go to talent again. Now everything's up in the air lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    It's a bit odd that they are buffing TV but not JV (thus devaluing JV), especially considering the nerf to crusade looked like DP was going to become the go to talent again. Now everything's up in the air lol.
    to be honest JV as a defensive tool was borderline too strong on the DMG side in pve(still loved to stun&smash) before the changes and with underdeveloped ashbringer. Please don´t get me wrong I don´t ask for nerfs or anything but it now gets more in line with the rest of the talents as a defensive move.
    Another point is that it devalues DP even more with the current iteration of Crusade which is something I´m wary on. The row is already massively unbalanced which is not getting worse. Well at least until 7.1 hits. Due to the shit they wan´t to unload on us then the delta between the 2 talents will be reduced noticeably again.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Personally I would like the JV talent changed to just apply the heal affect to TV, thus giving Ret some survivability without requiring DP.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    Blizzard - rightfully - stopped making a distinction between hybrids and pure DPS almost a decade ago. It is incredibly stupid and a poor game design to punish a spec because of things that they can do if they were playing a different spec.
    Hybrid tax was not about punishing the class, it was punishing the spec for having things that the other two specs should only have. Spec distinction has come a long way since the super talent trees of old. Rets can still heal, but hybrid tax is no longer necessary.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

We cleared normal in a relatively short time and are 1/5 in heroic, and I'm doing pretty terribly. My average over the whole instance was like 160k DPS with an itemlevel 880 weapon and ilvl 853 average. I was at, or near the bottom of the list all the time, with only another ret paladin and of course the tanks placing even lower in the overall logs. Needless to say, the only fights where I managed a bit better were when I could basically stay in range of the boss the whole time and and/or use two combat potions in the fight (such as ursoc) was when I used two combat potions and retribution had at least some uptime at the same time.

Our damage dealers are pretty good, I feel, so it's not like 'I deserved to be on top' or something because of my amazing skills, but it's frustrating because I am pretty sure that my gear is a good chunk ahead of many of those DDs above me, and I invest a ton more time into theory crafting and experimentation (though that could just be because our class requires it, my ilvl 820 rogue twink already has higher single target sustained DPS over 10 min fight, and of course a lot more multi target DPS, and I invest 0 time into that character). Not that my paladin is optimal, far from it, but I just haven't had the drop luck to get away from that versatility and mastery.

I know it's only normal and not representative (we only had a few wipes in total and first tried a lot of bosses), but I assume heroic is gonna be worse, not better. Though I suppose our utility also shines better in heroic, but that doesn't show up in logs. In normal, as far as I can remember I didn't die at all when it wasn't a wipe, and class utiltiy definitely has something to do with it.

I don't think the buffs are going to change that all too much, especially if 7.1 rolls out as is (because that contains some harsh nerfs). TBH I don't even care that much about the numbers I show in a log because I know I'm doing close to the best that is possible in my circumstances, it's more about not disappointing the guild lol. We're actually understaffed in the DD department but I would not be able to be mad at them if they were considering taking a bunch of other ppl instead of me with them when they can easily sustain 50k more DPS on gear that is 10-20 item levels lower on average.

Can't post log because I don't have enough posts lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Hybrid tax was not about punishing the class, it was punishing the spec for having things that the other two specs should only have. Spec distinction has come a long way since the super talent trees of old. Rets can still heal, but hybrid tax is no longer necessary.
    that's why we call it ret tax now. hybrid tax is not necessary but they still want to fuck over ret

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stolker View Post
    We cleared normal in a relatively short time and are 1/5 in heroic, and I'm doing pretty terribly. My average over the whole instance was like 160k DPS with an itemlevel 880 weapon and ilvl 853 average. I was at, or near the bottom of the list all the time, with only another ret paladin and of course the tanks placing even lower in the overall logs. Needless to say, the only fights where I managed a bit better were when I could basically stay in range of the boss the whole time and and/or use two combat potions in the fight (such as ursoc) was when I used two combat potions and retribution had at least some uptime at the same time.

Our damage dealers are pretty good, I feel, so it's not like 'I deserved to be on top' or something because of my amazing skills, but it's frustrating because I am pretty sure that my gear is a good chunk ahead of many of those DDs above me, and I invest a ton more time into theory crafting and experimentation (though that could just be because our class requires it, my ilvl 820 rogue twink already has higher single target sustained DPS over 10 min fight, and of course a lot more multi target DPS, and I invest 0 time into that character). Not that my paladin is optimal, far from it, but I just haven't had the drop luck to get away from that versatility and mastery.

I know it's only normal and not representative (we only had a few wipes in total and first tried a lot of bosses), but I assume heroic is gonna be worse, not better. Though I suppose our utility also shines better in heroic, but that doesn't show up in logs. In normal, as far as I can remember I didn't die at all when it wasn't a wipe, and class utiltiy definitely has something to do with it.

I don't think the buffs are going to change that all too much, especially if 7.1 rolls out as is (because that contains some harsh nerfs). TBH I don't even care that much about the numbers I show in a log because I know I'm doing close to the best that is possible in my circumstances, it's more about not disappointing the guild lol. We're actually understaffed in the DD department but I would not be able to be mad at them if they were considering taking a bunch of other ppl instead of me with them when they can easily sustain 50k more DPS on gear that is 10-20 item levels lower on average.

Can't post log because I don't have enough posts lol.
    I easily push 260k dps on both normal and heroic, the only encounter I didnt, was on cenarius cuz I had to clear the roots. Our gear is somewhat the same, stats may vary though. This is without old war pots. Imo the buff is rly unnecessary apart from the AOE. The buffs will bring me to top3 at the very least on every encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by xGhetto View Post
    I easily push 260k dps on both normal and heroic, the only encounter I didnt, was on cenarius cuz I had to clear the roots. Our gear is somewhat the same, stats may vary though. This is without old war pots. Imo the buff is rly unnecessary apart from the AOE. The buffs will bring me to top3 at the very least on every encounter.
    I'd be highly interested in seeing your gear, and your own personal breakdown on how you play.

I'm able to edge 170k on some fights, others not so much. I'm sure it's a gearing issue (My crit is really low) along with not being 100% on the rotation / priority. Etc. But 260k on any encounter especially as a ret is by me impressive man.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripitgood View Post
    I'd be highly interested in seeing your gear, and your own personal breakdown on how you play.

I'm able to edge 170k on some fights, others not so much. I'm sure it's a gearing issue (My crit is really low) along with not being 100% on the rotation / priority. Etc. But 260k on any encounter especially as a ret is by me impressive man.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%B8lf/simple

As for how I play, well general rotation is on http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/retribu...owns-abilities

If you want more in-depth information, send me a private message and I'll see what I can do
    Last edited by mmoc3900d31416; 2016-09-26 at 03:30 PM.

I was top DPS on our Ursoc kill last night. For a brief while, I was happy, and the rest of the raid were like "why the hell is ret getting buffed!?" Then we figured it out - my Retribution uptime was OVER FIFTY PERCENT thanks to a number of spread-out deaths during the fight. Fuck this "class fantasy" that means we're only good if other people suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by stolker View Post
    We cleared normal in a relatively short time and are 1/5 in heroic, and I'm doing pretty terribly. My average over the whole instance was like 160k DPS with an itemlevel 880 weapon and ilvl 853 average.
    Find something else to blame other than "we're at a statistical disadvantage" for your bad performance. I did like 250-280k on first boss, Ursoc, Dragons and Xavius, and definitely above 200k on all the others. I was at or near the top of the dmg meters, with around 20 other dps in the raid. And I have 874 wep with 847 gear.

And sorry for sounding harsh, but I'm getting rather annoyed by players of certain specs acting as if "statistical disadvantage" means they're supposed to be doing 50% less than others, rather than 5% (the latter of which is easily counteractable through some smart play).
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2016-09-27 at 02:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Find something else to blame other than "we're at a statistical disadvantage" for your bad performance. I did like 250-280k on first boss, Ursoc, Dragons and Xavius, and definitely above 200k on all the others. I was at or near the top of the dmg meters, with around 20 other dps in the raid. And I have 874 wep with 847 gear.

And sorry for sounding harsh, but I'm getting rather annoyed by players of certain specs acting as if "statistical disadvantage" means they're supposed to be doing 50% less than others, rather than 5% (the latter of which is easily counteractable through some smart play).
    It's easy to top if you are playing at 95 percentile and rest of raid is at 60 percentile. You kinda fell into same trap as the guy before you, using personal experience and basing ret's performance on that. Warcraftlogs which collects loads of groups performance clearly puts ret lower than all other classes except for warlock. Which would mean it needs buffs, which it's getting.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePants999 View Post
    my Retribution uptime was OVER FIFTY PERCENT thanks to a number of spread-out deaths during the fight
    I've found that the biggest DPS increase in the talent tree is Divine Intervention

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    I've found that the biggest DPS increase in the talent tree is Divine Intervention
    it´s 50% of the deal the rest is other players unable to properly utilize wasd

Quote Originally Posted by xGhetto View Post
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%B8lf/simple

As for how I play, well general rotation is on http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/retribu...owns-abilities

If you want more in-depth information, send me a private message and I'll see what I can do
    You are certainly doing well, but not 260k on most fights well.
    260k on 2 fights. Always above 50th percentile. doing solid, certainly better than my parses.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...740648/latest/

Also, totally jealous of that cloak.