Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    This here is based on absolutely nothing but your personal opinion, which I believe is utterly wrong. There's no indication of this anywhere in WoW, and if you look at other games with warriors and fighter types, they've often got guilds and such. Nah, this isn't a reason for warriors not to have a proper order hall of their own.
    Well, for lack of a better way to put it...your argument was basically "no your facts are wrong"?

Seriously. I can break down every single other class and tell you that there's an organization for each that existed in lore before Legion except warriors. You can't just point at a factual statement and say "no you're wrong". Shamans are Earthen Ring, rogues have SI:7 and the Shattered Hand, hunters have the Farstriders/Sentinels/Nesingwary Expedition, death knights have the Ebon Blade and Scourge, mages have the Kirin Tor and Sunreavers, druids have the Cenarion Circle, priests have the Cult of Forgotten Shadow and the church of the Holy Light, paladins have too goddamn many to count, warlock have the Council of the Black Harvest, monks have their monastery at the Peak of Serenity.

Now seriously, tell me, what is the warrior organization? At best you have....knights. Are you getting my point yet? This isn't opinion, WoW warriors are unified by no organization. Blizzard took the idea of taking every organization that represented each class and unifying them, but there is no unifying thread for the warrior class. You are just a knight. That's the class identity.

What it is, though, is an admission on your part as well, that the warrior order hall isn't actually a warrior order hall, at all.
    No shit, sherlock, and I explained why that is. The warrior order hall isn't as much an order hall as a legion of titanic watchers with Odyn choosing you as his champion for being the greatest living warrior. If you want to get all nitpicky - as you already have - the Valarjar is in fact a warrior organization so you are completely wrong though.

And even with all that, even if your personal opinions on this matter were right, which I don't believe they are, then where are all the other warriors? Even as what it is, it's not a warrior order hall, it's a player character order hall at most, with zero other warriors.
    The other warriors are your supporters, the Valarjar. It is an organization of immortal Vrykul warriors. New lore =/= no lore. The Valarjar is a warrior organization. Your followers, titanic or Vrykul, are warriors.

So I think this issue can be put to bed now.
    Yeah, I think it can.

It has absolutely nothing to do with WoWs warriors. My undead warrior has absolutely nothing to do with a ripoff of viking mythos. There's also no other warriors in the "warrior order hall" except the player character; only vrykul. Oh, and I think there's a single monkey there. Every other class has representatives of that class from all over WoW, from ages past. In most other order halls, the player character is the leader. In the "warrior order hall", we're Odyn's bitch.

The so-called "warrior order hall" is just a titan watcher zone with a single warrior - the player character - slapped on top of it.

Also, the jump to other zones is silly in that you actually land in the air before the loading screen comes up. It looks awful. And, on top of that, the zone is tagged [flyable], so a mount macro pulls out a flying mount instead of the land mount you might want to be using.

I mean, other than having absolutely nothing to do with WoWs warriors, and not being a true warrior order hall that represents the warrior class properly, it's fine I suppose. It's completely unimaginative in it's layout; you can find shit real easy. You can mount there. There's quick travel to each zone.

But yeah... A warrior order hall it is not.
    So what would you have done as a Order Hall that has decent ties to the lore ? What is a true warrior Order Hall ?

Don't forget that it would have to be connected to every race and every culture.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Sorry, go back to tumblr. If you want to bitch about that from a bunch of pixels.. lol
    What is irony ?

Points stands though, Vry kuk have nothing to do with any other race than Humans and Dwarves. Why the fuck am i supoosed to care about Vry'Kuls and Odyn as an Orc Warrior ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderTaco View Post
    So what would you have done as a Order Hall that has decent ties to the lore ? What is a true warrior Order Hall ?

Don't forget that it would have to be connected to every race and every culture.
    Put Saurfang as leader. That is all.

If you want to go with valhalla bs then put actual great warriors in it, not LK bitches.

They should have gone with a gladiator arena or something like that. Just take the arena concept in our order hall now and expand it. Barracks, dummies everywhere, big racks of weapons and armor, something gritty. Not shiny ass rearranged halls of valor.
    Last edited by Ellianar; 2016-09-22 at 08:28 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trexer View Post
    Meanwhile at paladin HQ: Highlord <insert name here>, welcome to your fortress on holy grace, and remember if the DKs come again have the light on speed dial since we can't stop them at all, we're pretty much at the mercy of the light itself coming down and solving all of our problems..
    No need to lie.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Seriously. I can break down every single other class and tell you that there's an organization for each that existed in lore before Legion except warriors. You can't just point at a factual statement and say "no you're wrong". Shamans are Earthen Ring, rogues have SI:7 and the Shattered Hand, hunters have the Farstriders/Sentinels/Nesingwary Expedition, death knights have the Ebon Blade and Scourge, mages have the Kirin Tor and Sunreavers, druids have the Cenarion Circle, priests have the Cult of Forgotten Shadow and the church of the Holy Light, paladins have too goddamn many to count, warlock have the Council of the Black Harvest, monks have their monastery at the Peak of Serenity.

Now seriously, tell me, what is the warrior organization?
    Almost every single NPC army in WoW consists mainly of warriors. Most guards are warriors. These are organizations that exist in WoW, some with very specific names and lore, and some without. And no, warriors aren't "just knights". Warriors are knights, berserkers, barbarians, pirates, mercenaries, gladiators, and pretty much any other melee-weapon wielding type you can think of that isn't a straight up rogue.

Also, let me just take your own words here;

New lore =/= no lore.
    So, why not create new lore that represents the warriors of Azeroth? Why not create for them an "Earthen Ring" or "SI:7"? Because the developers are too dumb and lazy? I don't think they are. I just think they made a huge mistake in taking something that most people aren't going to like wholeheartedly; the Ulduar guys, and then recycling that old and existing lore as a "warrior order hall" in which we find no warriors whatsoever.

Why not bring Grom Hellscream there? Anduin Lothar? Orgrim Doomhammer? Cairne Bloodhoof? I mean, they're all dead. They were all amazing warriors of one sort or another. Odyn doesn't think they're worthy? Would've been a bit easier for people to swallow this whole "Valhalla"-crap if there were at least some legendary warriors from WoW there. I mean, at least paladins have statues of Tirion and the like. Warriors have absolutely nothing.

The other warriors are your supporters, the Valarjar. It is an organization of immortal Vrykul warriors.
    The Valarjar are dead vrykul, and as we all know, vrykul come in all forms; melee, caster, ranged hunter type, and so on. It has nothing to do with warriors, and even less to do with WoW's warriors.

Actually, I said earlier that Blizzard's developers can't dumb or lazy, but honestly, I'm seriously leaning on them having been just lazy as hell. I mean, if you look at the order hall itself, it's barren, devoid of detail and doodads. Go to the paladin order hall, and you'll see how amazing it can be if done well. The warrior order hall seems like an afterthought. Actually, more like an afterbirth.

Also, just to cap this off, if you think you're arguing with the only person who thinks the warrior order hall was a failure of some level, then you haven't been paying attention.

Well, there are plenty of legendary warriors in the WoW lore, dead and living. Perhaps it could have been some kind of a new military force, to which representatives of all races and cultures would've been brought together. Warriors would be the leaders and the main force of the newly formed army, and of course you could then have quests where you go recruit healers and ranged units to that army as some flavor to top it off.

Or, it could've been something simpler, built around more of a gladiator style -setting, a place where the best warriors would congregate and fight each other, and then through some plot an army would start to form, with those best warriors leading it. Think Spartacus with Crixus at his side and so on.

Or maybe just look at how fighter's guilds have been done in other games, like Oblivion for example, and take some pointers from there.

Thankfully, I'm not a game developer, but if even my addled brain can come up with ideas on the fly just like that for warriors that would actually have to do with WoWs warriors and Azeroth, then I'm sure the amazing developers at Blizzard could do better.

But instead, they went with vrykuls, and now at least half the warriors hate the idea.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-09-22 at 09:09 AM.

Lorewise, it would have been an asspull to see Cairne, Brox, Anduin Lothar and the like in Skyhold. There is no culture in Azeroth around the spirits of the dead warriors being judged and raised, unlike the Stormheim Vyrkul where this is the center of their culture. "The Champion of Azeroth" was an exception, but he fought among those Vyrkul and thus we were able to peek the intrest of Odyn.

Like I said in the polling thread, I too find Skyhold disconnected from Azeroth compared to other class halls, but I don't see how any other existing concept would have worked. Maybe the best way is to start a Vyrkul based Valhalla and expand it with worthy mortal souls like us throughout the story. I really hope that's the path Blizzard follows.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellianar View Post
    Put Saurfang as leader. That is all.

If you want to go with valhalla bs then put actual great warriors in it, not LK bitches.

They should have gone with a gladiator arena or something like that. Just take the arena concept in our order hall now and expand it. Barracks, dummies everywhere, big racks of weapons and armor, something gritty. Not shiny ass rearranged halls of valor.
    Well a big arena could fit for some warriors I suppose.

But it doesn't really have any ties with the Lore. I can hear from there warriors complainning that they are left out because they juste a a "random arena without any importance". Besides all warriors aren't all " Arena ! Fight ! Kill !" and are knights or mercenaries that wouldn't fit with the arena concept.

Well, there are plenty of legendary warriors in the WoW lore, dead and living. Perhaps it could have been some kind of a new military force, to which representatives of all races and cultures would've been brought together. Warriors would be the leaders and the main force of the newly formed army, and of course you could then have quests where you go recruit healers and ranged units to that army as some flavor to top it off.
    I have barely level my warrior but I have the feeling that the Odyn army is a pretty fine miltary force. You are the first introduced to them and it's possible in the future that more non-vrykul gain access.

So your Order Hall needs healers and ranged ? Other halls don't have full time roles to complement them.

Or, it could've been something simpler, built around more of a gladiator style -setting, a place where the best warriors would congregate and fight each other, and then through some plot an army would start to form, with those best warriors leading it. Think Spartacus with Crixus at his side and so on.

Or maybe just look at how fighter's guilds have been done in other games, like Oblivion for example, and take some pointers from there.
    See above for the whole "big arena". And you still have no ties to current lore, so people would complain regardless.

Thankfully, I'm not a game developer, but if even my addled brain can come up with ideas on the fly just like that for warriors that would actually have to do with WoWs warriors and Azeroth, then I'm sure the amazing developers at Blizzard could do better.

But instead, they went with vrykuls, and now at least half the warriors hate the idea.
    Odyn has everything to do with warriors and Azeroth. You can say that you don't like him and the Vrykuls but he is still important as a Lore figure.

Half the warriors ? Did you ask them all ?

I'm with you, warriors. My husband and I have been comparing my (mage) and his (warrior) order hall and artifact quest lines a bit and I must admit that the only awesome things warriors have are 1) the OMG Old God Servant killer sword of Thoradin for arms warriors whose questline is brilliant and 2) the "leap out of the heavens" stunt.

My NPC are 3 archmages of the council of six, including the blue aspect Kalecgos, Meryl Felstorm who's as old as time and has co-founded the council of Tirisfal and annoying but fan-favourite Milhouse Manastorm. I even know Ravandwyr from BC as I was questing to find Archmage Vargoth's staff. Yep, the latter is one of this three archmages.
    My Artifacts are 1) the sword of the house Sunstrider and the Lich King himself approves my worthiness of wielding it, it also has a nice redemption story for Aethas Sunreaver. Did I mention that NPC everywhere speak about my weapon and want to look at it?
    2) The sentient Aluneth who was in possession of Magna Aegwynn, the greatest guardian of all time. This staff talks to me and sucks mana everywhere.
    3) The staff of the first Guardian Alodi, who happens to hang around in my order hall as well as a ghost.

Meanwhile, the warrior questing experience immersion is completely ruined by the fact that the class hall quests and Stormheim quests AND the dungeon Maw of souls make no sense when mixed together. Are you Odyn's worthy warrior champion or are you some random dude who has to do the trials while he disguises himself as Havi? Is Ymiron your champion or is he being sent to Helheim? Why do you have to "unlock" the halls of valor as a warrior? This is a hell of a mess and could have been easily averted by giving warriors a proper class hall...

Oi look mates - another QQ warrior thread.

Deleted
    Half the warriors ? Did you ask them all ?
    I've been reading plenty of different forums regarding this matter, so yeah, as far as having a big enough sample size, pretty much.

Deleted
    Now seriously, tell me, what is the warrior organization? At best you have....knights. Are you getting my point yet? This isn't opinion, WoW warriors are unified by no organization. Blizzard took the idea of taking every organization that represented each class and unifying them, but there is no unifying thread for the warrior class. You are just a knight. That's the class identity.
    Kor'kron
    7th Legion
    Might of Kalimdor

These are all well known (elite) armies in wow, while not purely made of warriors, i'm sure everybody thinks of them as an army with the bulk made up of foot soldiers. We could be the commanders of these armies.

I have never had any dcs travelling from or to warrior class hall.

Deleted
    TBH if in patch 7.1 or 7.2 we get a quest series about finding the souls of cairne/lothar/etc and inviting them to valhalla, i think they can redeem this storyline somewhat. the only problem would be that witht his storyline they would be put in them vrykul bodies :/

Almost every single NPC army in WoW consists mainly of warriors. Most guards are warriors. These are organizations that exist in WoW, some with very specific names and lore, and some without. And no, warriors aren't "just knights". Warriors are knights, berserkers, barbarians, pirates, mercenaries, gladiators, and pretty much any other melee-weapon wielding type you can think of that isn't a straight up rogue.

Also, let me just take your own words here;

So, why not create new lore that represents the warriors of Azeroth? Why not create for them an "Earthen Ring" or "SI:7"? Because the developers are too dumb and lazy? I don't think they are. I just think they made a huge mistake in taking something that most people aren't going to like wholeheartedly; the Ulduar guys, and then recycling that old and existing lore as a "warrior order hall" in which we find no warriors whatsoever.
    Because warriors are such a broad concept - as you stated yourself - that no other organization would have feasibly worked. The best comparison to make to what you're asking for would be the Unseen Path, yet that works because all Hunters have a joint greater bond to the wild and beasts.
    Warriors have nothing like that. That's why Blizzard had to give them new lore.

Why not bring Grom Hellscream there? Anduin Lothar? Orgrim Doomhammer? Cairne Bloodhoof? I mean, they're all dead. They were all amazing warriors of one sort or another. Odyn doesn't think they're worthy? Would've been a bit easier for people to swallow this whole "Valhalla"-crap if there were at least some legendary warriors from WoW there. I mean, at least paladins have statues of Tirion and the like. Warriors have absolutely nothing.
    I mean, they did say they had this planned, but I kind of agree with the Blizzard on the fact that it would have been bizarre to have a legion of ghosts at your side. And then it raises the question: Valarjar are reborn as gold-forged, glorious versions their previous selves....does that mean that none of these characters are truly dead anymore? To be honest that would have garnered far more complaining. To resurrect Anduin Lothar, Grommash, Orgrim Doomhammer or Cairne Bloodhoof from the dead as immortal warriors would feel so excessively fanservicey.

The Valarjar are dead vrykul, and as we all know, vrykul come in all forms; melee, caster, ranged hunter type, and so on. It has nothing to do with warriors, and even less to do with WoW's warriors.
    As far as lore has said so far, the only Valarjar - the golden, immortal champions of deceased Vrykul - are warriors. It says even on their reputation description that they are "warriors" and I have yet to see an immortal Valarjar that is anything but a warrior.

Also, just to cap this off, if you think you're arguing with the only person who thinks the warrior order hall was a failure of some level, then you haven't been paying attention.
    Finding complaints on MMO-C is like going to a candy store and finding candy. If you fished hard enough you could probably find complaints for even the coolest order halls.

That's exactly what the Valarjar is, with a Vrykul and Titan theme. I mean sure, you're not among your fellow races, but the Valarjar are a faction of warriors.

The point I'm making is that warriors are often either mercenaries or faction-bound as their class identity. Creating a neutral-race hub for warriors would have been impossible because their theme is the broadest of any class to the extent that they are just people in armor who hit things with weapons and are really powerful. Create a savage, brutish arena-themed warrior hall and you've alienated the Alliance warriors. Create a knightly militant-style legion of knights and it leaves Horde players pretty awkward. This is the issue with making an Order Hall for a class so broad, and they decided to solve it by coming up with something entirely different. Were it possible it would have been cool to have warriors have a split order hall for Alliance and Horde, but that's asking a lot for one class. I think it would have been a worthwhile investment but as it stands I honestly don't see an inordinate amount of people complaining about the warrior hall.

Deleted
    Any one who think we have a chance at getting a new class hall is utterly deluded and by the sounds of some of the posts in this thread have a huge entitlement problem.

Deleted
    Finding complaints on MMO-C
    Well, it's not just MMOC. It's also the official forums, Wowhead, people posting on Twitter, and a few other places.

Look, it's not the most important thing about warriors right now. Fury is crap and protection will most likely be completely destroyed in an upcoming nerf to the point that it will be absolutely useless as a spec. Arms isn't perfect either. And there are other things having to do with the warrior class that need looking at. However, the order hall is definitely, absolutely an issue people are divided on. Those people who don't like the order hall as it is right now have every right to complain about it, and hope that it can be, at least somehow, perhaps by adding some warriors from lore or something, tweaked a bit. Those who love the Valhalla theme are absolutely free to love it, but that's just what it is; a Valhalla theme with a single notable warrior - the player character. Saying that that's the only way the developers could have gone is just wrong. If you can't think of how something could be done, and then it's done one way, you can very easily be blind to all other options other than the one that's right in front of you. However, that doesn't mean there aren't other ways of doing things. Better ways, even.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    Any one who think we have a chance at getting a new class hall is utterly deluded and by the sounds of some of the posts in this thread have a huge entitlement problem.
    I have all the 12 classes, some more than one of, at level 100 and above. I happened to start with a few, one of which is the warrior. Do I think warrior players should be "entitled" to an order hall that represents the warrior class, like the 11 other classes? Nah, I think we're entitled to exactly jack shit. We get what we get and that's it. However, we're still free to point out that it's not great, and how it's flawed. And, perhaps think of ways it could be improved.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-09-22 at 01:47 PM.

If you think we got the short end of the stick, look at rogues class hall. Then again, they actually have some epic rogue NPCs in there.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2016-09-22 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    How is Valhalla, the realm dedicated to the best-of-the-best warriors, not a warrior hall?
    "best-of-the-best"

Broxigar, the only know living creature to inflict a small wound on Sargeras is not there
    Varian, who wtfpwnd Onyxia and a god damn Fel Reaver is also mia

What do we got? oh yeah, those random dudes from the beach, kek

- - - Updated - - -

Can you please tell me how the shado pan and a fucking sewer are connected?

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Sorry, go back to tumblr. If you want to bitch about that from a bunch of pixels.. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    "best-of-the-best"

Broxigar, the only know living creature to inflict a small wound on Sargeras is not there
    Varian, who wtfpwnd Onyxia and a god damn Fel Reaver is also mia

What do we got? oh yeah, those random dudes from the beach, kek

- - - Updated - - -

Can you please tell me how the shado pan and a fucking sewer are connected?
    Cant.

It is rather clear how shado-pan and rogues are connected, however.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Danuel View Post
    The QQ is perfectly justified.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

So... this thread didn't go as planned AT ALL.
    I wanted to use this community to have a better understanding on much people are affected by disconnection using the "bifrost" in our class hall. Didn't expect it to turn into a complaint topic about our class hall.

Quote Originally Posted by Danuel View Post
    It was a QQ thread about an obnoxious bug. Pretty legitimate. Now, yeah, it turned into a full-on qq thread. Welp. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    I have never had any dcs travelling from or to warrior class hall.
    Thanks for this feedback. You're basically the only one who answered my original post. So, that's something.