Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The world in Legion it's the most beautiful of all expansions, no doubt at all (in my opinion). Really immersive and spectacular.

But for the "whole experience", it's too soon to tell. Let's wait. So far, I'm diggin it!

Quote Originally Posted by One-Of-Many View Post
    It's way too early to tell. Even WoD seemed pretty fine within the first few weeks
    WoD was also a cobbled together expansion using systems that had been placed on the back burner that were already developed, and to save development resources they used Orcs everywhere.

Deleted
    Joined Legion during alpha stage. Been tester of other expansions as well. This will be my ranking:
    1: Legion 2: TbC 3: Wotlk 4:,cata 5: MoP
    Also worth mentioning is I was beta tester of Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexxidecimal View Post
    Fixed it for ya
    Sorry mate, but writing quality is not entirely up to subjectivity. When you have no fluff and no exposition and no set-up and you're just thrown from objective to objective, it's bad writing, and it's not just "in my opinion".

Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    Joined Legion during alpha stage. Been tester of other expansions as well. This will be my ranking:
    1: Legion 2: TbC 3: Wotlk 4:,cata 5: MoP
    Also worth mentioning is I was beta tester of Vanilla.
    I was in Alpha test before Vanilla and I was testing the test from the tester before the test went online.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749185414

The tide is turning and players are starting to sour on this expansion before the 30 day mark.

By next month I predict you will see more players showing discontent with Legion and start comparing it to WoD as Legion is WoD 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Sorry mate, but writing quality is not entirely up to subjectivity. When you have no fluff and no exposition and no set-up and you're just thrown from objective to objective, it's bad writing, and it's not just "in my opinion".
    Sorry mate but it is. I have seen and experienced plenty exposition, just maybe not enough for you. You don't like it because it doesn't hold your hand enough, thats fine. But there is plenty of info there that isn't just handed out in cut scene buried in quest text and flavor text. Literally the entire zone is exposition leading up to the zones story completion. Then even after you get the object you are trying to get you get a nice little scene between you and one of the main NPCS in the zone as you place it on it's pedestal.

There is plenty of exposition. Admittedly some of the class hall missions end in a anti-climatic way (Demon Hunter) but I hope they further the stories later on down the line. But then there are fantastic stories happening with plenty of exposition and bit by bit stories going on, like Suramar.

Hey you don't have to like it, but stop trying to act like your opinion is fact to give your opinion legitimacy.

Have you done Suramar? Or, for that matter, any of the other zones? The stories are there, the exposition is there, they're actually not all that badly written. Being thrown from objective to objective doesn't necessarily make it bad writing, given the theme of the expansion.

Yeah the story in Legion's Broken Isles is disjointed. Most of the story is unlocked in the raids which is an improvement from having to learn of the story through books, but still a bad idea as the majority of the players do not raid.

Sorry mate but it is. I have seen and experienced plenty exposition, just maybe not enough for you. You don't like it because it doesn't hold your hand enough, thats fine. But there is plenty of info there that isn't just handed out in cut scene buried in quest text and flavor text. Literally the entire zone is exposition leading up to the zones story completion. Then even after you get the object you are trying to get you get a nice little scene between you and one of the main NPCS in the zone as you place it on it's pedestal.
    You completely miss the point.

It's not about "not being handheld" (amusingly, the game holding your hand is precisely a reason why it's still mediocre and can't manage to rise to the level of pre-WotLK), it's about writing being unnatural by only caring about distributing quest objectives. It's "game informations" only, it lacks organic development and natural behaviour.

Typical example : Aszuna and Ferondis. You arrive there, there is fucking GHOST ELVES everywhere. Logical reaction : "wtf, who are you guys, how come you're ghosts, what happened ?". How it's in Legion : you talk to the guys, no question asked, and the first thing they tell you are "Go get me ingredients to make a drink" and "I've a friend who went for a stroll 10 0000 years ago, can you check on him ?". If that's not shitty writing, I don't know what is.

Another example : when you assemble the chieftains in Highmountain. You'd expect some sort of acknowledgement when they see each other. Especially when you bring the guy from the race who is fighting them instead of their Bloodtotem chief.
    Nah, fuck it, the guys just come, stick their totem in the ground and shout "I swear allegiance, we're all Highmountain" and that's it. In previous expansion, you'd have at least a few more lines to make it less artificial and out of the blue. Like, I don't know, the Chieftess saying "Hold it, where is Torok and what this drogbar is doing here ?" and the drogbar saying "I'm coming as a friend, we're also threatened by Dragrul, and Torok betrayed you.". Just these few lines would make it more natural.
    Last edited by Akka; 2016-09-22 at 05:04 PM.

Legion is very good, yes. The best expansion since Cataclysm Pre-Nerf. But the best? Nobody can tell. And everybody who says that right now is just lying because you can't rate an expansion after 3 weeks.

Legion and Pandaria are currently vying for the top spot as my favourite expansion. Patch content will really be what decides it, but at present I'm still leaning slightly toward MoP. Legion is superior in terms of questing and world content (particularly at max level), but Pandaria had by far the better class design for many specs.

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    This XP is a alt killer
    Really? Leveled my third one to 110 already (having 2 others with ILVL > 840).

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Really? Leveled my third one to 110 already (having 2 others with ILVL > 840).
    I have gone dead on my third alt. I just cba to do all the rep one more time. It should be account wide and farming all the AP again to progress the weapons again. No thanks
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    I have gone dead on my third alt. I just cba to do all the rep one more time. It should be account wide and farming all the AP again to progress the weapons again. No thanks
    I agree. The reputation grind is tedious but besides that? Sure, leveling the artifact weapon and doing the Suramar pre q again and again is tiresome but I enjoyed leveling 3 characters to 110. I think with more to come it will get worse but... yeah.

You completely miss the point.

It's not about "not being handheld" (amusingly, the game holding your hand is precisely a reason why it's still mediocre and can't manage to rise to the level of pre-WotLK), it's about writing being unnatural by only caring about distributing quest objectives. It's "game informations" only, it lacks organic development and natural behaviour.

Typical example : Aszuna and Ferondis. You arrive there, there is fucking GHOST ELVES everywhere. Logical reaction : "wtf, who are you guys, how come you're ghosts, what happened ?". How it's in Legion : you talk to the guys, no question asked, and the first thing they tell you are "Go get me ingredients to make a drink" and "I've a friend who went for a stroll 10 0000 years ago, can you check on him ?". If that's not shitty writing, I don't know what is.

Another example : when you assemble the chieftains in Highmountain. You'd expect some sort of acknowledgement when they see each other. Especially when you bring the guy from the race who is fighting them instead of their Bloodtotem chief.
    Nah, fuck it, the guys just come, stick their totem in the ground and shout "I swear allegiance, we're all Highmountain" and that's it. In previous expansion, you'd have at least a few more lines to make it less artificial and out of the blue. Like, I don't know, the Chieftess saying "Hold it, where is Torok and what this drogbar is doing here ?" and the drogbar saying "I'm coming as a friend, we're also threatened by Dragrul, and Torok betrayed you.". Just these few lines would make it more natural.
    You say it's not about having your hand held then go on to make examples where you want the story spoon fed to you. Oh and she DOES make comments like this. Did you not talk to her afterwards? Also I lol at your elf example. OMG bullshit quests!? Those have never existed. There is an entire lead up to meet with Farrondis and find out what happened. Just because they don't lay it out on a platter to you the moment you hit the ground doesn't mean it's not there. I always knew why we were looking into wine, I had a journey in finding out what happened to them and why they are this way.

It's easy to make the assertion that "If this were Pre Wrath it'd have more lines" but that is simply not necessarily true. Hell I spend a lot of BC trying to figure out why the hell we were bothering with killing Illidan.

Let me be clear as well, I am not saying that WotLK had bad writing. It's story was more succinct. We always knew who was laying in wait for us at the end. Everything led to that end. Personally though I like Legion. There is constant betrayal. We know Sargeras is the one to Blame but Legion and the forces are at once massive and overwhelming while still employing subtlety and guile. It feels far more dangerous now that it ever did in WotLK where we just basically pushed in Arthas's dick whenever he showed up. The only time I felt like he "got the better" of me was the whole Drakuru quest. The rest of the time he was like "I EMPOWER THIS MINION" I proceed to immediately kill them, or "I AM HERE TO STEAL THIS PERSONS SOUL" then he proceeds to get beat down. Or "YOU SHALL NOT PASS THIS GATE" then, lol poison. Etc etc. I enjoyed Wrath despite all that, but I an enjoying legion at least as much, both mechanically and story wise.

I will say this though. The whole "But Illidan is the chosen one" is a bit flimsy.

You say it's not about having your hand held then go on to make examples where you want the story spoon fed to you.
    Well, if you can't make the difference between the domain of "delivery"/"natural dialogue" and "spoonfeeding", it kinda explains how you can't distinguish between good writing and shit one. And you must have serious trouble differenciating concepts, or you're just playing dumb. Whatever.
    Last edited by Akka; 2016-09-22 at 07:51 PM.

Well, if you can't make the difference between the domain of "delivery"/"natural dialogue" and "spoonfeeding", it kinda explains how you can't distinguish between good writing and shit one. And you must have serious trouble differenciating concepts, or you're just playing dumb. Whatever.
    Oh I know the distinction, just you haven't actually pointed a situation out where it needs to be made. But hey if you are going to cherry pick one part of my post without looking at the rest where I actually talk about where that exposition actually happens then you are just being willfully ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749185414

The tide is turning and players are starting to sour on this expansion before the 30 day mark.

By next month I predict you will see more players showing discontent with Legion and start comparing it to WoD as Legion is WoD 2.0.
    Warcraftrealms is showing a steep decline in activity over the last week whether this is a natural result of people playing less once the initial new expansion feeling has subsided or people quitting remains to be seen.

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/weeklyfactionactivity.php

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Warcraftrealms is showing a steep decline in activity over the last week whether this is a natural result of people playing less once the initial new expansion feeling has subsided or people quitting remains to be seen.

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/weeklyfactionactivity.php
    About 2 weeks ago it showed 4.4 million active players and today it's now 3.8. Not a month into Legion and already we see a decline. Either there's going to be a sale for Legion or subscriptions will be removed.