Deleted

Obliterum Gold waste in AH

Hi guys,

lately Im really bothered by ppl selling Obliterum under value.

I payed a shitload of money (like everyone else) to get there.

The price for Obliterum on my server (Anetheron) differs between 4500 and 4600 this week, while the cost of the materials to craft it are way higher overall.

The best way with Tailoring to get the ash is with imbued pantaloons www wowhead.com / item=126999/imbued-silkweave-pantaloons
    I use Auctioneer and tracked the prices since release. The most expensive material is Felwort. Usually around 1200 to 1400, sometimes 900, since wednesday the price dropped significally to 750.

But even with the drop its more expensive overall than the Obleterum price, I dont get it.

55x Imbued Silkweave = 1127,50G
    10x Silk = 100G
    2x felwort = 1500G
    = 2727,5G
    +2x Blood of Sargeras and some buyable stuff

You get between 45 and 65 Ash per forge, so overall its like 5455G

I cant imagine its so much better with leatherworking.

Dunno, whats your thought on this?

Perhaps undercutting for the sake of undercutting without as much knowledge as to the actual production costs of what they are selling.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Infernal Alchemist Stones give between 140 to 180 ash for me. Rank 3 = profits

Just because tailoring costs a certain amount to create Obliterum, doesn't mean every profession is the same. Other professions, IE Alchemy, cost way less, and therefor, the price of Obliterum will only ever be worth whatever those cheaper professions cost.

They farm the materials themselves, so it is free to them.

If you think raw materials worth more, why don't you sell the raw materials?

I have found mats is way more profitable than crafted stuff and seeing how blizz has given us many avenues to gear and what with lfr opening up soon i believe that will be the case for some time to come!

Deleted
    Its not under value. Thing is you are using tailoring to measure its value, but its leatherworkers that make most of it, not tailors.

LW belts cost 12 leather + 2 bloods to make (+10 tooth if you have only rank 2). Bloods drop a lot for skinners, can get easily 10-20 per hour skinning in popular world quest area. So that's about 5-10 belts per hour + some excess leather. That gives 1-2 Obliterum and probably 4-5 bracers to sell every hour for skinner/leatherworker combo.

10+ Year Old Account
    clearly the people selling it are making it without buying the materials from the auction house like you do -.-
    so they are not selling it under value
    they are getting 100% proffit from 4500g
    because they farmed the items required

- - - Updated - - -

fel wort is 409g each on my server frostmourne
    818g=2

- - - Updated - - -

obliteruim on frostmourne is currently at 3915g

it used to be 4500g
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

Quote Originally Posted by UserNotFound View Post
    Hi guys,

The price for Obliterum on my server (Anetheron) differs between 4500 and 4600 this week, while the cost of the materials to craft it are way higher overall.

The best way with Tailoring to get the ash is with imbued pantaloons www wowhead.com / item=126999/imbued-silkweave-pantaloons
    I use Auctioneer and tracked the prices since release. The most expensive material is Felwort. Usually around 1200 to 1400, sometimes 900, since wednesday the price dropped significally to 750.

But even with the drop its more expensive overall than the Obleterum price, I dont get it.

10x Silk = 100G
    2x felwort = 1500G
    = 2727,5G

I think you should probably keep your tears to yourself. It's not a good look. Something doesn't go your way? Better run to a forum and have a big fat cry over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    clearly the people selling it are making it without buying the materials from the auction house like you do -.-
    so they are not selling it under value
    they are getting 100% proffit from 4500g
    because they farmed the items required

- - - Updated - - -

fel wort is 409g each on my server frostmourne
    818g=2

- - - Updated - - -

obliteruim on frostmourne is currently at 3915g

it used to be 4500g
    I can just talk about my server and prices, dont know about others, but thanks for it.

Farming the materials is fine, Im doint it, too most of the time, but its worth more selling them right away and thats my point.

Thanks for the other posts, I didnt realize Alchemy is so much cheaper

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    I think you should probably keep your tears to yourself. It's not a good look. Something doesn't go your way? Better run to a forum and have a big fat cry over it.
    Oh, you must be crying a lot, if you do every time something bothers you, Im sorry to hear that

Just because I didnt know Alchemy is better at crafting it, doesnt make me cry... *sigh* seriously ppl like you should just grow up and dont bother us (oh god I cant write while all these tears fill my eyes) with your trolls.

Some people are willing to craft and sell for less than raw material price because they get skillups from the crafting, remember. Given how brutal the grind to 800 seems to be in Legion, I'm not surprised people are doing this.

Hi guys,

10x Silk = 100G
    2x felwort = 1500G
    = 2727,5G

This the first time you have ever noticed stupid ah undercutting? People have been doing it forever and yes it is annoying but it will happen deal with it. Heck items like fel hide which even at level 3, which I am on my skinner, still only can be skinned 2 to 3 times a week at best and gives one 6 whole hides but is already down to 200g a hide now. Idiots will be idiots.

Deleted
    Value is completely subjective. If people are undercutting you is because they can.

Like i said LFR is about to open up sending it further down but blizz wont make Legion Alt friendly so expect mats to be the thing for this xpac not crafted gear!

yeah I never thought obliterum would be profitable knowing it'd just be too oversaturated.

"woot i just made myself a lot of obliterum i'm gonna be rich!!!!!!!!! *looks at AH* fk everyone thought the same thing! let me undercut by 100g like the last 10 dozen people have, that'll work."

But the bracers, especially the plate ones, ooh boy that was some good money there. but that is now drying up yet still more profitable than obliterum, because people still think the above. That, and blizzard gives everyone the obliterum forge quest chain, even dual gatherers get it, so people who don't know any better, will still buy the bracers just to get something they can't even use.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2016-09-24 at 12:27 PM.

Oh, you must be crying a lot, if you do every time something bothers you, Im sorry to hear that

Just because I didnt know Alchemy is better at crafting it, doesnt make me cry... *sigh* seriously ppl like you should just grow up and dont bother us (oh god I cant write while all these tears fill my eyes) with your trolls.
    Im not the one taking to a forum because they can't work an ah properly. People like you are what is ruining the game. Can't make a profit? Off to the forums for an epic cry. RNG too much for you. More epic crying in the forums. Got ganked on a PvP server? Double fat cry on a brand new thread noone needed..
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Im not the one taking to a forum because they can't work an ah properly. People like you are what is ruining the game. Can't make a profit? Off to the forums for an epic cry. RNG too much for you. More epic crying in the forums. Got ganked on a PvP server? Double fat cry on a brand new thread noone needed..
    Just an aside, your attitude is worse than his crying.

But keep crying about the cryers, while I cry about the crying over the cryers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Value is completely subjective. If people are undercutting you is because they can.
    This. Again, just like the other threads on the AH economy, people who study and play the AH vastly overestimate how the average AH seller undercutting them thinks when offloading mats: they're pricing to sell, and more often than not they're selling things they farmed up themselves, meaning there is no inherent value to the items they're selling (for example, if I made my own Obliterum without buying anything, I don't sit there and reference the value of the goods that went into creating the Obliterum and wanting to make anet profit off it). They're pricing things at a rate they know will sell fast, rather than sitting on the AH or having to relist until they find a buyer. If the price of Obliterum bothers people that much, they can always try to corner the market and relist undercuts at a higher price.

Or just accept that as more people put Obliterum on the market, it's going to get cheaper. This stuff isn't going to be all that rare once people get their recipes up, and most players use Auctioneer, which automatically undercuts the average market price, keeping prices on the low end for common and moderately-uncommon goods, unless people go out of their way to flood the market or corner it.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!