Page 1 of 3
LastLast

September 23 Hotfixes-Class Tuning discussion

So what's everyone's thoughts about upcoming changes? In my opinion they are decent but killing Havoc+Arms isnt good balancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the Arcane Mages changes a lot, especially the 20% buff to Mastery. I'm really hoping they're enough to make Arcane competitive with Fire.

Disappointed to see there won't be any changes to MM hunter until 7.1 though.
    I was really hoping to be able to switch out of Sidewinders and Patient sniper, so I'll just have to retire my hunter for a while.

they just gutted shadow but other than that :')

Homophobia is so gay.

Wondering how these changes will impact rogues...

Deleted
    Some of these changes, together with the rest of hotfixes are quite severe. Why weren't these done during beta? Legendaries and AP being weapon-specific constraint the freedom of spec, which makes balance even more important, but with the proper timing.

Deleted
    Just some tuning, not really changes. The AOE Mechanics for warlocks still suck, some 10% increase of shit will still be shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sendai View Post
    Some of these changes, together with the rest of hotfixes are quite severe. Why weren't these done during beta? Legendaries and AP being weapon-specific constraint the freedom of spec, which makes balance even more important, but with the proper timing.
    Because beta was wasted on god knows what, as usual
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice to see the Ret buffs but it's more the playstyle of ret thats broken. Bring back Exo and Hammer.

It's actually comical to me that they buffed Mind Sear by 50%. I mean that's ridiculous.

On Saturday, September 17, after nine and a half years of maining a shadow priest, I came to the conclusion that there was no future in shadow for me in this expac. I'm not interested in what Surrender to Madness has to offer, and the entire spec is balanced around that talent. I made the decision to commit to Holy that day, and today's balancing hotfixes reinforce that I made the correct decision.
    Furthermore, I consider that China must be destroyed.

Why weren't these done during beta?
    Because the changes are based on the data they gathered this week from millions of people actually raiding/mythicplusing.
    Beta is for trying to find as many bugs as possible and creating a rough balance based on the limited amounts of data you have. Live is for fine tuning.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

10+ Year Old Account
    I do have to laugh at the consistency each expansion where everything above the top mage spec gets nerfed while the top mage spec remains unchanged and primed for top spot.

Quote Originally Posted by fatisha View Post
    Just some tuning, not really changes. The AOE Mechanics for warlocks still suck, some 10% increase of shit will still be shit.
    funny a 10% increase in cataclysm and no cast time on rain of fire and a 10% buff are quite significant.
    they might not be the top of the world. but combined with FnB you can do pretty good aoe

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    they just gutted shadow but other than that :')
    really, buffing aoe and insanity generation and a small nerf on void stacks is gutted??

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Succath View Post

- - - Updated - - -

really, buffing aoe and insanity generation and a small nerf on void stacks is gutted??
    You have no clue dont you?

Deleted
    I think that most of the classes that needed a buff got a buff and some of the classes that needed a nerf got a nerf, so i'm happy with this patch.

15+ Year Old Account
    Read a bit on the mechanics before commenting next time. 50% on top of nothing is still nothing.

ok so where are Fire Mage nerffs ??

10+ Year Old Account
    Updated simcraft with SOME of the hotfixes.

Classes changed in simcraft: warlock, mage, demon hunter, fury warrior. Rest is running old tooltips. I THINK.

Last edited by hellhamster; 2016-09-24 at 09:37 AM.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess the devs know shadowpriests as well as you do

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    You have no clue dont you?
    Glad to see i`m not the only one there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    I guess the devs know shadowpriests as well as you do
    Well then please enlighten me then, as it seems you and others are only crying because you can, without any basis.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

Quote Originally Posted by hablix View Post
    It's actually comical to me that they buffed Mind Sear by 50%. I mean that's ridiculous.

On Saturday, September 17, after nine and a half years of maining a shadow priest, I came to the conclusion that there was no future in shadow for me in this expac. I'm not interested in what Surrender to Madness has to offer, and the entire spec is balanced around that talent. I made the decision to commit to Holy that day, and today's balancing hotfixes reinforce that I made the correct decision.
    I left because I didn't like the playstyle, I found they took the problems shadow had and increased them.

This mind sear buff was needed BUT they nerfed surrender to madness, Shadow did do amazing damage if you used surrender to madness, this may change that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Updated simcraft with SOME of the hotfixes.

Classes changed in simcraft: warlock, mage, demon hunter, fury warrior. Rest is running old tooltips. I THINK.

You do need to remember that this changes a lot of abilities that would make certain builds better. This may not be 100% due to other builds with the changes are not being equated or geared properly in the sim.