Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by 0verdose View Post
    Frost after the buffs is still in dead last on the most recent sims. Blizzards balance team spends their entire time at work getting high. One buff and demo is suddenly #1 at 330k dps. What's the point of nerfing arms but then buffing another class to take its place. There is no balance in that. Blizz logic is truely counter logic.
    I really wish people would stop looking at that, Demo has to do that on a Patchwerk fight because any movement whatsoever (which current raids are loaded with) absolutely crucifies Demonology, missing a Thal'kiels window can cost huge DPS cause that window aint opening again for another 15-20 seconds.

You saw the sims that were all over the forum just before the raids opened? How inaccurate were they? Want to wait a bit and see what live testing shows Frost at and have a lil bit of faith that just maybe they are for once doing something to address the tuning issues?
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

After i read about the buffs to frost, i decided to give it a try. I had only played unholy and blood and therefor i tried this "machine gun rotation" from a guide and immediately noticed that there are no more rime procs, so you have to "waste" a rune to maintain frost fevor up - also every buff for Obliterate and howling blast in the Artifact Tree is useless.

So i thought, this cant be the best build and tried a build with runic attentuation instead of frost scythe and did like 40k more dps in single target fights....so why is someone still using frostscythe for single target fights?

Quote Originally Posted by tamo View Post
    After i read about the buffs to frost, i decided to give it a try. I had only played unholy and blood and therefor i tried this "machine gun rotation" from a guide and immediately noticed that there are no more rime procs, so you have to "waste" a rune to maintain frost fevor up - also every buff for Obliterate and howling blast in the Artifact Tree is useless.

So i thought, this cant be the best build and tried a build with runic attentuation instead of frost scythe and did like 40k more dps in single target fights....so why is someone still using frostscythe for single target fights?
    Mostly because when you havent specced your stats and have accidentally stacked mastery, frost scythe + killing machine deals more damage than obliterate +killing machine.

Personally im not a fan of machine gun, as the flow feels really dependent on procs, and it's only viable by reducing my haste and crit for mastery, which exacerbates the problems with flow.

machine gun does offer a way to deal good damage with 1 rune and no RP, whereas obliterate builds cant use KM without the second rune, which builds up a perceived loss of KM procs because you can only have 1 ever. imo its not really worth stressing about too much, just ignore KMs and do your rotation and youll get good numbers. The damage from remoresless winter is coming up heaps in a few hours, which is a 2nd 1 rune dps cooldown (beside glacial advance) that is viable in single target, which is going to give our talents a lot more flexibility and increase oblitate-build AOE damage at the same time. I dont really see any reason you would have to play machine gun if you didnt already love it after tomorrow.