Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deveilblad View Post
    Well, it's personal loot... What if I use my offspec 50% of the time because I run DPS with a mythic+ group, but am a healer the rest of the time ? That random dude I don't know requires MY loot more than I do ?

Well **** you too good sir...
    It happen the same to me, also it happen in raid yesterday... so many tanks in the group, and now I can not get tank gear...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xkiller9000 View Post
    lol call me a dick if u want

but i got an 850 item in M, when I had an 850, but this new one had crit and the old one didnt (im a fmage) so i kept it, the group got pissy and kicked me

worth
    So, they demanded an item from you which clearly was an upgrade for you? Do you really want to play with those people? I'd have left the moment they start whining around.

Quote Originally Posted by Xkiller9000 View Post
    lol call me a dick if u want

but i got an 850 item in M, when I had an 850, but this new one had crit and the old one didnt (im a fmage) so i kept it, the group got pissy and kicked me

worth
    I'd say it was a blessing because if they are like that things would of only got worse. It is personal loot and what someone decides to with it personally is up to them. Be use it for an off spec, disenchanting it( have you seen the prices for enchants and enchanting mats? I call using it for that an upgrade), Sell it or whatever it is that persons choice.

Deleted
    Why would anyone want such add-on? Its useless. Person who won the loot is the only one who should decide if he wants to trade loot. He can see it himself without any add-on.

The only purpose of using such add-on is to be a jerk.

I installed the addon thinking it would help, watched as several groups in a row tore each other apart over who needed what and promptly disabled it. Making personal loot tradeable was a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by arceuid View Post
    Making personal loot tradeable was a mistake.
    Agree wholeheartedly with this. I don't have a problem with giving an item that i don't need, but if i'm an enchanter or the item has better stats, it's mine.
    "This is why we can't have nice things" comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Madone View Post
    I'm not sure if it's a regional thing or a time-of-day thing, but if you're running into people who are toxic about it frequently, then you're running into people that I haven't seen.
    Don't forget the self-selection effect.

You are not going to hear from every time a group behaves well. You're going to hear about the one in a million run where people behaved in a manner sufficient to warrant posting on a forum (this one).

Quote Originally Posted by Ukerric View Post
    Don't forget the self-selection effect.

You are not going to hear from every time a group behaves well. You're going to hear about the one in a million run where people behaved in a manner sufficient to warrant posting on a forum (this one).
    Definitely not what happened for me. First group two leather wearers tore into the monk healer for not giving up boots. Second group hunter demanded offspec trinket for ilvl boost. Third group was me getting cussed out for not giving up an 850 with better secondaries. I know my own stat weights and upgrades, and I've got three people calling me "faggot" and "bitch" and telling me what I don't need.

7+ Year Old Account
    Some good ideas in here. I usually offer it. Now I'm going to wait until the the end of the run. And if they are cool/polite I'll give it. If they piss me off I'll de it Infront of them. Chaos Crystals are not cheap.

Deleted
    self entitlement is going to be the end of humanity...

When I was gearing up if I saw something that would be an upgrade for me, I'd ask the person if I could have it if they didn't need it. Plenty of people said yes, others said no which is fine. Likewise I was happy to return the favour. Eventually I started seeing people ask in pugs if people needed a certain item proactively.

Getting kicked for not trading gear is low, but that's a community problem. I've had plenty of good experiences where people are very generous about sharing their gear with others and no bad ones (yet).

New addon helps cancerous people be more cancerous.

/fixed

Deleted
    OK, responses to my post... I kinda missed the fact that it was personal loot. In this case yea, fuck them in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Allaria View Post
    The Addon is just an addon that assists people, the people demanding your loot and kicking you are the issue at hand.
    This.

/10 chars

I think blizzard will remove loot trading for non guild groups if the toxicity persists
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't run LFG/R unless you're willing to be kicked for no reason at all.

It's just a rule of life I learned back in Cata.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Why would anyone want such add-on? Its useless. Person who won the loot is the only one who should decide if he wants to trade loot. He can see it himself without any add-on.

The only purpose of using such add-on is to be a jerk.
    Its quicker to use the addon than ask after every boss if anyone wants x item before you disenchant it.

The addon is fine, the problem is jerky people. I would use it myself to offer an item to other players, or to politely ask them if they minded giving me a main-spec upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by One-Of-Many View Post
    That's... well... that's a special kind of evil. I somehow like you.

Nevertheless, if someone asks politely w/o begging or threatening I may actually give the item to them. If I do not have another use for it;
    Oh I do as well, if they say its an upgrade and be cool about it, Ill freely trade with them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Don't run LFG/R unless you're willing to be kicked for no reason at all.

It's just a rule of life I learned back in Cata.
    Don't know what kind of game you are playing, but the most groups I ran LFD since LFD is a thing were pretty much people like me, who just wanted to complete a dungeon, nothing more and nothing less.