Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbadubba View Post
    I have not used my own personal stone yet, so that means we could get a pretty high mythic stone then ? The one we used bolstered to 4 but I thought that we had to wait a week to use it. So it is basically run those stones till you can't make the time.
    I think that's the basic idea. In practice, with a group of 5 you'll only get 5 chests at the highest mythic+ level you can complete each week. Unless of course you get to mythic+10 and up, then you could theoretically get many chests with 865 gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snorkles View Post
    I guess it's pretty open to trolling as well if you're using your own keystone?
    In theory yes. But even if you don't finish your keystone in time, you still get loot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Well, I want the freedom to put poison in food and sell it to anyone I want and call it sugar. It's my freedom to do so, so you can't tell me no.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorkles View Post
    I guess it's pretty open to trolling as well if you're using your own keystone?
    Well you could require your run to be voice chat. I find that setting expectations before starting the run by just typing in chat also helps. Say like, I need you guys to flask and pot, or I'm going to mark targets for sheep, or I'll call for lust. I was in a mythic+2 group where the PL didn't say a single word and just started the run.

Stop joining random groups.

I've fully cleared heroics (back before they were called Mythic) with people I'd never met before and I guarantee it was more difficult than your level 4 keystone run. The trick is to find dedicated players with good reputations who are willing to wipe. Or, better yet, play with actual friends.

Guilds make it easier, but are not required. Either make the group yourself or do some looking around online. I would've used Openraid, back before I stopped playing, and it appears to still be around. Forums are a fine place to look, as well. The key, though, is to know that the people you are playing with are capable of completing the content and committed to spending a decent chunk of time getting ti done. You won't get that from randoms in-game, so stop looking for randoms in-game.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2016-09-21 at 07:11 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

My first experience was pretty miserable. I joined as a tank to a group with four guildmates, for Halls of Valor Mythic +2. All things considered it was pretty easy and we finished with 10 minutes on the clock. They just bitched at me a bunch of times for not pulling fast enough (when in fact I was chain pulling, apparently just not enough mobs at once), and then at the end of a pretty flawless run they just said "thanks" and booted me, apparently because we only got +2 instead of +3 at the end. Given that it was my first Mythic+, with people I didn't know, and in a dungeon that can go south pretty quickly if the pulls go out of hand, I don't think I approached it the wrong way at all. It was just rude, unnecessary behavior from people with no social skills. And I hope that's not an indication of how PUG runs will go with this stuff.

I'm not sure Mythic+ was ever intended to be PUG friendly. Mythic+ was created to offer small groups challenging content that also felt rewarding. Mythic+ was never intended to be a solo option replacement to raiding. This will keep happening if you continue to pug. Do yourself a favor and get into the MMO part of an MMORPG. Make some friends, join a guild, do whatever you can to make sure that you don't open yourself (and your group) up to this type of behavior.

Join a guild. That's about all there is to it. Mythic + was never intended to be pug friendly, especially not this early on. I imagine it will get easier as the community gets geared/understands the mechanics better, but for the most part, this content was intended for coordinated groups.

I guarantee there are plenty of guilds out there that would love to have you
    Last edited by Riistov; 2016-09-21 at 07:19 PM.

There needs to be a better way to look at player achievements

You're right, but with the way the entire thing functions I don't believe it was ever intended to be any sort of pug friendly content.

On the first day of mythic + I wouldn't pug in strangers if I was using my keystone.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by rrjstudio View Post
    To many salty emo pve kids who are so toxic that they can't bare to finish a mythic and they leave and destroy a whole group. anyone else had experience with this? just broke level 4 keystone because healer decided its okay to leave on trash because of 1 wipe in arcway after 15 minutes.. what the fuck is this community in pve it's so trashy the attitudes the elitism is mind boggling and disgusting. This guy linked curves for heroic as best achies before we went in and he has the balls to think hes pro
    You act like the PvP community is any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Airblade View Post
    I've done 2 Mythic+ Level2 and we finished them with a pug tank. The issue my group was having was that the tanks had sticks up their asses and were trash talking anytime something went even slightly wrong. The 2 level 2 mythics we had were Vault of the Wardens and Neltharion's Lair.

However the 2 Mythic+ Level4s that we tried, Darkheart and Halls of Valor, never even finished. In Darkheart the tank refused to allow any type of CC and would chain pull mobs. Keep in mind that on level 4 they have bolster which ramps up damage and health of nearby mobs when you kill one. We killed the tree boss in Nelth's lair and the tank rushed through the bloods, pulled multiple whelps, and kept AOEing them down (it was a pally tank so I understand its hard to not AOE) resulting in the water elemental having literally 13 Bolster buffs on it. I asked that tank if they'd done the place on mythic because they literally charged through everything. That tank then refused to do anything more because I am a "bad rogue". Not to mention the multiple wipes we had because the tank kept intentionally breaking sap on the cat mobs (the ones that jump on the healers and 2 shot them).

Halls of Valor never even went passed the 2nd trash pack. The tank pulled all 5 mobs at the same time and promptly died due to the sheer amount of damage it was taking. I again said give me a sec to sap so we can pull these a bit easier and keep the deadlier mobs till the end and I was met with "you dont need CC noob". This tank then linked their normal mythic achievement. They then promptly left the group.

TL;DR - bad pug tanks ruined 2 Mythic Level 4 keystone runs ><
    I successfully ran two level 4 keystones last night -- Eye of Azshara and Neltharion's Lair. I agree that chain pulling is a terrible idea with Bolstering (especially after a large pack of weak mobs, because if the pack of weaklings dies after the second pack gets pulled, then suddenly you have a large pack of strong mobs, or a medium-sized pack of SUPER strong mobs, ripping your tank to pieces).

However, I actually don't think CC is a good idea, at least with that affix alone. My reasoning is that if you CC the deadly mob and kill the rest, then the deadly guy is now at full HP (with bonus HP to boot) and is dealing extra damage. We found it a lot easier to just focus the deadly mob down first while cleaving heavily onto the rest, with the goal being to get everything as low as possible before anything dies (or at least before a second mob dies). That way, the 20% bonus hp only affected 10% of their max hp (bringing them up from 10% to 12% of initial max hp) instead of 100% (going up to 120%), and the damage boost didn't last anywhere near as long as it would if we killed them one at a time.

There is no way on earth I'd waste my own keystone on pugs. A pug's keystone? sure, I could get in for that since I have nothing to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacpierre View Post
    I had a few with emo ragequitters but that isn't the only problem. WoW was DDos'd really hard this morning and we lost the entire timer while waiting for 2 guys to get back in. They'd get on, lag out on boss, wipe, wait 5 minutes, repeat. Since you can't invite new players, it was a total waste. It does need some fixing, even if not just for the toxic players, of which there are many.
    Yeah we had that happen to us last night. Right as we killed first boss on heroic whole guild got DC'd. Stormrage was down for like 20m.

DC's happen though, did you try to ticket it?

Do not pug M+ people who require 850+ can not pull their own weight and want to be carried.

Deleted
    Hahahahahahah! xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    There is no way on earth I'd waste my own keystone on pugs. A pug's keystone? sure, I could get in for that since I have nothing to lose.
    You have an infinite amount of attempts to run your keystone, how is it being "wasted"?

Quote Originally Posted by rrjstudio View Post
    See mythic + is only guild content
    Pretty sure you wanted to say "people who know each other" content.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Yeah we had that happen to us last night. Right as we killed first boss on heroic whole guild got DC'd. Stormrage was down for like 20m.

DC's happen though, did you try to ticket it?
    I did not. It was a friends keystone. I will tell him to try. Can't hurt I guess. Would be nice to run it.

Quote Originally Posted by fluttershypony View Post
    You have an infinite amount of attempts to run your keystone, how is it being "wasted"?
    half or more of that "infinity" will be lootless depleted runs which noone will want to run

Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    Go with guild, problem solved.
    No since there are not always a tank, a healer and 3 dd available. Then you pick a random and get screwed over. This system needs to be changed.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!