Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    lol libertarians.

Atleast they are better than Anarcho capitalists.

Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    Someone who is big on open borders can't really be called a libertarian.
    How not? Open borders are not really an anti-libertarian, if anything it promotes a smaller government.

10+ Year Old Account
    Voted for him last year and I will again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by supertrump View Post
    they already decided hes not in the debates
    not the first debate, as I understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    I take it you mean illegal immigrants. Illegal immigrants do not qualify for welfare. I know you will argue or link an article say from The Washington Examiner stating facts that their birth rite children qualify. Which is sort of semantics, but I will not argue wholeheartedly. Interesting they use bot legal and illegal immigrants for their numbers. Which I don't get.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/11/20/news...gration-myths/

More importantly. If what G. Johnson offers is more of a work visa and making visas easier so migrants can come and do the work and pay what they need to pay and then cross back to their country.

http://www.ontheissues.org/2016/Gary...mmigration.htm

We need less migrants, the job market is oversaturated

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    We need less migrants, the job market is oversaturated
    Again in on my articles linked. That is a myth. But I know it is easier just to spout uniformed opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    lol libertarians.

Atleast they are better than Anarcho capitalists.

How not? Open borders are not really an anti-libertarian, if anything it promotes a smaller government.
    It definitely doesn't do that. You replace border agents with an ever increasing amount of social/civil service employees and bureaucrats. One of the easiest ways to grow the size of a government would be to open the borders.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    It definitely doesn't do that. You replace border agents with an ever increasing amount of social/civil service employees and bureaucrats. One of the easiest ways to grow the size of a government would be to open the borders.
    Or you put up civil service employees at all.
    I really don't see how open border cannot not be a libertarian viewpoint, if anything, closed borders leans more towards the authoritarian side of the spectrum.

Or you put up civil service employees at all.
    I really don't see how open border cannot not be a libertarian viewpoint, if anything, closed borders leans more towards the authoritarian side of the spectrum.
    It could be in a context where you didn't have people flowing into the country like locusts, however that will never be the case so it'll fail the simple reality check test. Libertarians might as well believe in Robo-Unicorn Jesus, both have about the same chance of appearing and being what they'd think they'd be.

Your first sentence makes no sense so I can't respond to it.

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

10+ Year Old Account
    It could be in a context where you didn't have people flowing into the country like locusts, however that will never be the case so it'll fail the simple reality check test. Libertarians might as well believe in Robo-Unicorn Jesus, both have about the same chance of appearing and being what they'd think they'd be..
    I'm not defending libertarians here.

I ment, Or you do not put up civil service employees at all(at the borders).

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Again in on my articles linked. That is a myth. But I know it is easier just to spout uniformed opinions.
    It's not a myth it's reality, immigrants help businesses and fuck over poor and middle class workers

I'm not defending libertarians here.

I ment, Or you do not put up civil service employees at all(at the borders).

You'd have civil service employees in cities, where these people would be applying for and needing civil services. Unless you think the already overwhelmed state agencies would be able to handle a tidal wave of people with no hitches involved, which isn't going to happen. Therefore the agencies employee roster and the bureaucrats tasked with managing local, state and national systems of support would balloon in size far greater than the border agents even at full power would be.

10+ Year Old Account

You'd have civil service employees in cities, where these people would be applying for and needing civil services. Unless you think the already overwhelmed state agencies would be able to handle a tidal wave of people with no hitches involved, which isn't going to happen. Therefore the agencies employee roster and the bureaucrats tasked with managing local, state and national systems of support would balloon in size far greater than the border agents even at full power would be.
    Again, not defending them.
    I'm saying open border can be a libertarian position.

I could not give less of a shit of how he wants to implant it.

Deleted
    Libertarians are fucking lunatics. I mean have you even read some of this shit? https://www.lp.org/platform

2.9 Education

Education is best provided by the free market, achieving greater quality, accountability and efficiency with more diversity of choice. Recognizing that the education of children is a parental responsibility, we would restore authority to parents to determine the education of their children, without interference from government. Parents should have control of and responsibility for all funds expended for their children’s education.
    So if you don't want your kid to go to school you can let them chill at home, or indoctrinate them in a cult or hey, if you are too poor to afford the new private education system, why not throw them into a sweatshop.

Competitive free markets and property rights stimulate the technological innovations and behavioral changes required to protect our environment and ecosystems. Private landowners and conservation groups have a vested interest in maintaining natural resources. Governments are unaccountable for damage done to our environment and have a terrible track record when it comes to environmental protection. Protecting the environment requires a clear definition and enforcement of individual rights and responsibilities regarding resources like land, water, air, and wildlife. Where damages can be proven and quantified in a court of law, restitution to the injured parties must be required.
    Get rid of all enviromental laws! Hey if the water you drink ends up poisoned, just sue. Little you vs wealthy team of corperate lawyers, what could go wrong.

This twat basically wants to privitise everything and be rid of income tax. If you want to live in a state like this move to rural Somalia.

Not to mention the empty fucking vessel he is personally. Brainless wanker. Anyone that takes this tallywacker seriously is more mental that a Trump voter.

Yeah no, libertarianism sounds cool on paper when you first start thinking about economics, but it's much too simple (and unrealistic) to make for a viable political candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Libertarians are fucking lunatics. I mean have you even read some of this shit? https://www.lp.org/platform

So if you don't want your kid to go to school you can let them chill at home, or indoctrinate them in a cult or hey, if you are too poor to afford the new private education system, why not throw them into a sweatshop.
    Believing saying education should be up to parents means we send the kids to a sweatshop is pretty loony. Even more since you seem to think parents can't indoctrinate their children into a cult as it is... You're just way off base.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Believing saying education should be up to parents means we send the kids to a sweatshop is pretty loony. Even more since you seem to think parents can't indoctrinate their children into a cult as it is... You're just way off base.
    He is literally calling to abolish Compulsory education.

Deleted
    Yeah he's the guy I'd vote for if a vote for him wasn't a throwaway vote.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Yeah no, libertarianism sounds cool on paper when you first start thinking about economics, but it's much too simple (and unrealistic) to make for a viable political candidate.
    He was the governor of New Mexico for 2 terms. Seems to work just fine.

A libertarian is nothing but a classic liberal. Don't confuse it with what we call liberal nowadays, it's completely different. It's the Republican platform minus all the social conservatism, and the corruption you can expect out of both parties.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    He is literally calling to abolish Compulsory education.
    That's true. That means more cults for children!!! Think of the children!!!

The Libertarian Party is the only party running a President and Vice President candidates that have gubernatorial experience. They're both also basically scandal free. In any sane election, Johnson-Weld would be consider significantly more stable and qualified to be in the White House than the R or D nominees are.