Poll: Enough content for the entire expansion?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Enough content to keep us busy the entire expansion?

The new endless content available are Challenge Mode dungeons
    Apart from the usual gear chase and progression from raids we have the constant farm for Artifact Power that will last for months.

But
    Do you think there will be enough content to keep us busy the entire expansion?
    Or the game needs something else? Something entirely new.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2016-09-21 at 10:18 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    To early to tell, but they've been saying no more content droughts since WotLK and have failed every single expansion. I've seen nothing to convince me legion will be any different.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's dependent on the individual. Personally I'm generally happy with whatever Blizzard offers for content. I prefer heavier content (Legion/MoP levels) but I'm okay when it's really light like WoD or TBC. I just play the game a bit less and still enjoy it thoroughly. So, for me, there's always enough content.

My only concern so far, is if there's a bit too much to do. I've always had 2-3 alts, raid geared, at this point. But I've only had the time to level 1 character, get artifacts on my alts, and grind on the main. I'm about 8 days played @ 110 currently and I still have so much to do.

Scrub Resto Druid Trying to Make a Difference

10+ Year Old Account
    Like, this 100% depends on how much of your free time you're dedicating into this game. I see people every day with Revered in every rep and 300+ world quests done and it just blows my mind how someone is able to play that much. To these people, no, there probably will not be enough new and engaging content to keep them busy (unless they branch out and find unrelated things to hold their attention) but for your average joe, yeah, Legion has a shit ton of stuff to do.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    To early to tell, but they've been saying no more content droughts since WotLK and have failed every single expansion. I've seen nothing to convince me legion will be any different.
    The only reason there was "enough content" in Vanilla/TBC is because:

1. everything took forever to grind
    2. a lot of endgame stuff had a very high bar of entry

Making things take longer to get is just a cheap, artificial way of extending the content's life. Having to grind to Revered just to access heroic dungeons was a bitch, especially for alts. Having a million different attunements was also a bitch, and even moreso for alts. And making everything have a really high bar of entry will just lead to more Naxx40 situations, where less than 5% of the playerbase even sees the inside of the instance while it's relevant.

There wasn't more content, it just took longer to do, so the only people who ever reached the "omg there's nothing to do" stage, were the top 1% who were clearing BT/Hyjal before Sunwell, and clearing Sunwell before WOTLK.

Or for Vanilla, it was just that doing many tasks like crafting a piece of gear, or making a flask, required you to do time-consuming things like venture into a dungeon. Want to smelt Dark Iron Ore? Gotta get a lava run group for BRD. Want to make some flasks? Gotta find a Scholo group. Sure, it was interesting, but after the 3rd or 4th time it just became an annoying hassle, not "content".

There wasn't that much more content; the content we had just took way, WAY longer to do. Usually in boring ways like rep grinding or farming huge amounts of materials. Typical repetitive MMO-grind type stuff.

One cannot expect an MMO to keep every single person happy forever. I don't expect WoW to keep up with my pace of content consumption. When I feel like there's "nothing to do", I just unsub and wait for the next content patch. I don't take to the forums and cry "ZOMG NO CONTENT QQQQQ BLIZZ SUXORS", because I don't expect Blizz to release a new raid every 2 months like everyone else apparently does.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-09-21 at 10:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I think they will do it this time.

We will already had had three raids by the end of the first tier, four if you include Kharazan since it is basically a mini-raid, five if you count all of the world bosses together as a raid or whatever, as well as ten dungeons.

They have already said more dungeons will be added. They have already hinted that there will be AT LEAST three tiers (saying over and over that two tiers didn't work). There is going to be at least one additional zone. I would assume they will do more for the world quest and class hall system at some point (beyond the new zone that is, ie something to revitalize the current content so it is relevant six months, twelve months from now, etc).

7+ Year Old Account
    Well if the artifact/xp/reputation gains stay as they are now then I think I'll be busy the entire expansion just trying to get all my alts caught up.

not if you play 10+ hours a day

if you behave normally and play 10-20 hours a week you'll be doing great. that's more than enough time devoted to a video game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Oh my...this thread is now derailed, because people will just flame you for putting TBC and WoD in the same sentence
    I'm used to it, since I rate TBC below WoD in all those "rate the xpac" threads.

Scrub Resto Druid Trying to Make a Difference

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    The new endless content available are Challenge Mode dungeons
    Apart from the usual gear chase and progression from raids we have the constant farm for Artifact Power that will last for months.

But
    Do you think there will be enough content to keep us busy the entire expansion?
    Or the game needs something else? Something entirely new.
    are you kidding you call doing stupid dailys content? (year your artifact power dailys aka world boring quests.)

I'm fairly certain I would get bored before i could run out of stuff to do. I also have all 12 classes on one server between 100 and 110 atm with all tradeskills up to 700 (mostly, a couple are in the 400-650 range). I'll find stuff to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post
    Like, this 100% depends on how much of your free time you're dedicating into this game. I see people every day with Revered in every rep and 300+ world quests done and it just blows my mind how someone is able to play that much. To these people, no, there probably will not be enough new and engaging content to keep them busy (unless they branch out and find unrelated things to hold their attention) but for your average joe, yeah, Legion has a shit ton of stuff to do.
    it doesnt blow my mind for that It blows my mind that they can repeat doing world boring quests over and over again to get to 300. They already repeated the loop of world quests 3+ times since launch. 3+ TIMES!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakotsu View Post
    it doesnt blow my mind for that It blows my mind that they can repeat doing world boring quests over and over again to get to 300. They already repeated the loop of world quests 3+ times since launch. 3+ TIMES!!!
    I play a lot of WoW, and usually I end up doing like say roughly 5-10 world quests a day. Not even close to 300 completed. O_o
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

This. How can anyone who plays a game 40+ hours a week expect a developer to keep hashing out enough content to keep them occupied? If it's an open world sandbox game like Minecraft then sure, it's endless. But a game like this that's content-driven, well if someone is only going to play one character then no they are probably not going to have enough content to keep at it for that much time. Someone like me though, who still plays a lot(10-20 hours a week) and likes leveling alts, getting achievements, collecting things etc. in addition to dungeons and raiding, there is always plenty for me to do.

Deleted
    How can you tell if we have enough content for the entire expansion if we only have a bit of info from 7.1 and no info about 7.2 onwards?

I play more than most, and I had no shortage of stuff to do even in WoD. I think Legion will be just fine for the people putting in a few hours here and there.

Of course, you'll ALWAYS have those people that either do a battleground or one LFR clear, and then they consider themselves to be "done" with the game. A lot of it comes down to the individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakotsu View Post
    It would do you well to remember that your opinion is subjective and others feel differently about things then you do. Judging a person for what he likes is rediculous. It's like saying "It blows my mind how people can like Bacon".

I feel that this is what daily quests should have been from the get go. I can choose what resource I want to focus on. Right now, I know my next research is coming up, so I will focus on Order Resources and Nightfallen World quests to get my rep up.

This is my opinion, and I finally feel that there is enough to do, that if I skip a day or two, I won't be set back hugely.

I'm one of those people, and I'll have no shortage of things to do. There are alts, long-term collections and goals in place to pursue... it is an mmorpg after all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rakoth View Post
    It would do you well to remember that your opinion is subjective and others feel differently about things then you do. Judging a person for what he likes is rediculous. It's like saying "It blows my mind how people can like Bacon".

I feel that this is what daily quests should have been from the get go. I can choose what resource I want to focus on. Right now, I know my next research is coming up, so I will focus on Order Resources and Nightfallen World quests to get my rep up.

This is my opinion, and I finally feel that there is enough to do, that if I skip a day or two, I won't be set back hugely.
    Amen. What is boring to one person, is relaxing or fun to another. I play this MMORPG BECAUSE I love long-term goals and repetition. How someone can play this game to any meaningful extent without ever encountering elements of repetition is beyond me, but I guess they exist since so many seem to have this distaste towards repetition...

For someone who doesn't raid, I think I'll finally be kept busy for an entire expansion just getting all my alts through their order halls and geared up

Are you asking if there's enough content in the game or if there's enough of each content? Just because someone likes doing dungeons doesn't mean there's no other content. There's transmog collecting, theres pet battles, raiding, dungeons, pvp and I personally like playing with the AH and professions. There's obviously other things you can do, There's no way you could be done with everything to truly not have any content left. Then there's major patches that come out. Mainly raids but yea if you are on the game 24/7 maybe you'll get bored and maybe you'll finish, but with just a decent amount of time (not excessive) there's still things to do that you just don't like.