Thread: Sephuz's Secret

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    *gasp* :O

So many dps sloots and min/maxers in this thread!
    I for one love my Sephuz's Secret on my fire mage. It's awesome for world questing, dungeons and mythics. And while I rarely do it, it had its uses in PvP as well. Overall a pretty solid legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by I-Thalos-I View Post
    So many dps sloots and min/maxers in this thread!
    Yeah I know right. All these idiots that want legendaries to be useful everywhere and not just in specific places, just a bunch of entitled babies amirite?

I for one love my Sephuz's Secret on my fire mage. It's awesome for world questing, dungeons and mythics. And while I rarely do it, it had its uses in PvP as well. Overall a pretty solid legendary.
    Thing is, "world questing, dungeons" you don't even need the DPS boost. The content is already insanely trivial.

The only decent places where you can use it are in mythics, and even then, only on trash because bosses are immune to CC.

So, whoopdy fuckin' do, you can get a little DPS boost on trash. Such a useful legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    So, whoopdy fuckin' do, you can get a little DPS boost on trash. Such a useful legendary.
    That's the entire problem here. People don't even care to mention the 70% movement speed boost which is maximum oversexual. Screw DPS. Utility and Survivability is King.

Just got this ring as my second legendary as a Havoc Demon Hunter. While the large chunk of Crit is nice... it's actually only barely a side grade over the 835 Vastly Oversized Ring with a socket I have... Kind of underwhelming to get a (simmed) 2k dps increase when going from 835 -> 895.

Short of specc'ing out of Momentum, the only cc that appears to work for Havoc is Choas Nova and Imprison... Choas Nova costs resources that could otherwise be used for damage so the 10% haste is kinda "meh". I guess the best use for this is to slightly mitigate the resource loss for using Chaos Nova, as opposed to trying to game the haste uptime by stunning anything and everything that can be (every 1 minute). In practice it feels like trying to game it and maintain uptime on the buff is a dps loss.

An on-use or random proc on damaging an enemy might make it feel better... but as a raider I'd even prefer the worse itemized stats on the legendary neck as at least the survivability bonus (however small) is at least useful in all scenarios where you "might" take damage. Guess it's just the niche nature of this ring that makes it feel kinda crappy when it drops. It's an ok stat stick for havoc but still probably the least exciting to see drop.

Edit: adding in the 70% movement speed buff is also kinda crappy for a class that has what feels like unlimited mobility, and a mastery that boosts base movement speed anyway.
    Last edited by CclassicL; 2016-11-03 at 09:54 PM. Reason: typo

That's the entire problem here. People don't even care to mention the 70% movement speed boost which is maximum oversexual. Screw DPS. Utility and Survivability is King.
    Imagine being a mage and somehow getting excited about movement speed procs on a garbage legendary.

As a ret paladin the stats are not bad. If you take Fist of Justice talent you can actually have a good uptime on the haste boost. There are fights the ring isn't bad (elerethe spiders, most adds on dragons, ichors on Il'gynoth, Wisps on Cenarius, if I remember right some adds on Xavius also work. I agree the first legendary should be spec specific. Would love a Liadrin's Fury Unleashed or a Whisper of the Nathrezim, but I will still say this ring is better than nothing at all. The speed boost also helps rets with one of their weaknesses which is their mobility.

Quote Originally Posted by HonkersMcGee View Post
    Imagine being a mage and somehow getting excited about movement speed procs on a garbage legendary.
    I don't have to imagine it. I play a fire mage and I love it. <3

You dont even need speed as a fire mage, so many insta casts! Try being arcane and casting :P

I just got my 3rd sephuz's secret across 3 characters. I am going to throw myself off a building now. Fuck this game.

/endrant

Just got my 4th legendary which is not sephuz or pyzdac. Am I lucky? I actually wouldnt mind sephuz as its a really good ring for mythic +.