Some MW newbie questions

Hi guys!

I recently rerolled Monk from my Shaman main, and I'm planning on going MW as my main spec. (Was Resto previously)
    I've geared a bit through tanking since I had easier time tanking mythics than healing them, and I'm currently trying to improve my healing rotation and management.
    Contrary to my Shaman, I find managing mana much harder as a MW monk, but I really don't see this as an issue other people are having so I assume it's something on my part in terms of picking the right spell to cast.
    I usually go something like Enveloping Mists on the tank, using Renewing Mists on CD, Vivify if an AoE heal is needed/tank needs burst healing, Chi Burst on CD and Essence Font + Vivify combo when predictable AOE damage is coming.
    Problem is I find myself running low on mana rather quickly, especially if lots of AoE healing is needed, much faster than my shaman for sure.
    I've done some heroics with fistweaving and it seems pretty good, but on fights where a lot of sustained healing is needed I found the talents pretty pointless since I didn't have the time to build stacks of Teachings and alternate between RSK and Tea.
    I also tried raid healing by doing the world boss and found myself rather stumped about what exactly my role should be. Blankting with Renewing Mists + Tea? Should I still use Enveloping on tanks? Spam Vivify?

Sorry for the rather long post, but I'm really trying to improve as much as possible, especially considering I think I'd be a bit of liability if I pug normal EN in my current state, which I'd very much like to do.

TLDR: How should I manage my mana/spell usage in dungeons and raids?

Here's my armory link: (I should be getting the third relic slot in about two days, I've been following the Icy-Veins artifact guide, currently @ level 16)
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Lobster/simple

Thanks a bunch :)
    Last edited by Svens; 2016-09-28 at 12:35 PM.

I am fairly new to MW monk as well, and mana management is definitely the most involving and difficult part of the class, at least for me. I have noticed that mana has become more manageable as my gear gets better (currently 849), just because spell heals become more efficient with intellect. When I'm raiding EN I'm usually going oom a little before or right as a boss goes down. One thing I notice is that you are not specd into mana tea which is a huge mana conservation tool by itself. Also I find that switching between life cycles and mist wrap depending on what you are doing can save you a good chunk of mana (life cycles for more group damage and mist wrap for more single target damage). Monks are probably better at single target heals just due to enveloping mist +soothing mist and effuse/sheilun's gift being very efficient, but essence font + vivify, renewing mist and revival can heal a ton as well. I feel they can fill either role pretty good and have strong heals all around

Mana management on monks is the key to the class. We can do all kinds of things and pump out massive HPS, but pay dearly in mana for doing it. My healing style is kind of single target, but the nature of our heals makes us not really a tank healer. Vivify and EF smart target and ReM can jump around so we're never really single target, even if many of heals are "cast" on the tank. We also don't have the luxury of constantly overhealing just to be safe like traditional tank healers do.

As for mana, make sure you make use of your Mist Wrap as often as you can. Even in mythic + I rotate between the two unless I just REALLY need to push out heals. Second, as nice as it is to Renewing Mists on everyone, you'll find it more mana forgiving to use those TFT procs on Vivify. I've also found more success recently by switching from TFT to Mana Tea. I don't use EF unless I'm using mana tea except for a very few encounters (scorpions in Nelf's Liar, Ursoc after charge, Cenarius drake things). Even then, I'll try to make sure my mana tea is ready for those. It's huge HPS but so so so much mana.

It's also worth starting to keep around two sets of gear. Mastery for 5 man and Vers/Crit for raid. The Mastery is really effective in a 5 man setting.

Thanks for the replies guys.
    I'll switch to mana tea, so generally I should save it for when aoe healing is needed and I can Essence Font + Vivify right? not go by use whenever it's up?
    Also one more question, what should I focus on when healing in raids? As in, should I just use renewing mists on cooldown and vivify when it's needed? should I keep Enveloping on a tank?

Deleted
    Gear kinda dictates what kind of healing you will specialize in.

Mastery for example very bad for healing multiple players.