Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Huffingtonpost is garbage, what else is new?
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    You do realise this smug, hollier and better than thou attitude is one of the reasons so many people for for Trump?

Also: OP you read Huff post? Why would you go and do something like that?
    Maybe if people read, instead of complaining about "hollier and better than thou attitude", they wouldn't be supporting a plutocrat/oligarch as a "blue collar billionaire".
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Hope Trump wins. Put retards like this HuffPoo "writer" on suicide watch.
    thats kind of the best reasons i can see for wanting him to win, imagine the amount of butthurt that will be expressed over twitter, tumblr and trash sites like huffpo, it will keep me entertained for weeks!!

of course there will be butthurt as well if clinton wins, but conspiracy theories as to why she won are no way near as entertaining to read

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Only you can post a rant in a topic where the only people fitting your rant are in fact not the people you're ranting about.
    No sir I think I'm only pretty solid ground.

As evidence for my case I present the "Daily Show"; sketch comedy show that alters/misrepresents facts them to create a punchline - believed by millions to be a legitimate source of information just like Huff-N-Stuff-Your-Pockets-Full-Of-Loot-Cuz-It's-Justice-Time.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Huffpost...like the opposite spectrum of Breitbart; can't take either seriously if I tried.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    This guy... talks?
    Only in auto-tune.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    And why did the DNC have to ignore a candidate who was widely popular and shown in poll after poll to defeat Trump in the general?

I hate this election.
    Because he was dangerous as far as not necessarily following everything the DNC would like him to platform-wise.

Hillary has proven she will lie, cheat, steal, and kill to advance the wishes of the highest bidder.

Hence, Hillary wins.
    Leadsop - Beast Mastery Hunter
    <Godz of War> Sargeras - US

Leadsoprano - Gunnery Trooper
    Leadmello - Kinetic Combat Jedi Shadow
    <Severity Gaming> Prophecy of the Five - US

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Exactly. Conservatives say "I disagree with your opinion." Leftists say "I disagree with your right to have an express your opinion because you're a *pick your pejorative*."
    nothing like a lot of people together simply disagreeing with a political position.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    nothing like a lot of people together simply disagreeing with a political position.
    Maybe the second amendment folks can do something about it... I don't know... They are good people...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Maybe if people read, instead of complaining about "hollier and better than thou attitude", they wouldn't be supporting a plutocrat/oligarch as a "blue collar billionaire".
    Wrong assumption. Trump has never claimed to be a blue collar billionaire, a man of the people. Much more cleverly he claims to be man for the people. And this is a very important distinction most liberals seem unable to discern.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrong assumption. Trump has never claimed to be a blue collar billionaire, a man of the people. Much more cleverly he claims to be man for the people. And this is a very important distinction most liberals seem unable to discern.
    Yeah, that wasn't Donald Trump, that was his son; https://thinkprogress.org/donald-tru...fd7#.2vinfkfko

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Yeah, that wasn't Donald Trump, that was his son; https://thinkprogress.org/donald-tru...fd7#.2vinfkfko
    Another of your beloved non sequitors Endus? We were talking about how Trump characterises himself. Not his wife, his son or his dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    The name if the Article is "If You Don’t Vote Democrat This November, Then Fuck You."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/christ..._10425968.html

This Article had me in tears.. I wouldn't read Huffington post but I just saw this and just wow. Make sure you use caps lock and swear a ton so everyone knows how cereal you are right?

The picture is especially funny too. Like this is what will happen if Donald Trump gets in. Meanwhile if a nuclear apocalypse happens then it will have been a long time coming and it won't matter who got in. I can't believe this guy got paid to write this.
    This is why we say that rag isn't a real paper, not because it's online.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    You do realise this smug, hollier and better than thou attitude is one of the reasons so many people for for Trump?

Also: OP you read Huff post? Why would you go and do something like that?
    Yeah, I do. But just because it's smug and seems hollier-than-thou doesn't mean it's wrong and it certainly doesn't mean someone should vote for a racist, lying and felonious megalomaniac like Trump.

Just because someone presents a position poorly, doesn't mean the position itself is wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Yeah, I do. But just because it's smug and seems hollier-than-thou doesn't mean it's wrong and it certainly doesn't mean someone should vote for a racist, lying and felonious megalomaniac like Trump.

Just because someone presents a position poorly, doesn't mean the position itself is wrong.
    Well then that is rather an unproductive attitude when you want to win an election. Oh and Trump supporters would characterise Clinton with pretty much identical tone if a bit different choice of words (except for the felonious part).

Fact is your attitude is alarming precisely because an increasing number of people on both sides are viewing the other side not as political enemies but as evil or insane.
    Last edited by Zoranon; 2016-09-22 at 06:38 PM.

Trump has been a regular media person since the early 1980s but, we just never noticed he was a racist all this time? This notion is so ridiculous, I can't even believe those who put it forth remember to breathe.

He has said a lot of things that are insensitive to minorities. But saying something insensitive is not racism. Words have meanings.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well then that is rather an unproductive attitude when you want to win an election. Oh and Trump supporters would characterise Clinton with pretty much identical tone if a bit different choice of words (except for the felonious part).

Fact is your attitude is alarming precisely because an increasing number of people on both sides are viewing the other side not as political enemies but as evil or insane.
    The problem is that in reality, only one side is correct. Anyone viewing the realities of the two candidates, without any past knowledge, would come to the same conclusion. And I say this knowing full well what your response will be - the only problem is that I happen to be right. And that sucks because there is an inherent pushback found within people that makes them want to automatically argue with that point of view - more so on a forum such as this.

But it doesn't matter.

Trump is an utter horror of a human being, and people ignore the blatant disregard for anyone other than himself that he on an almost daily basis verifies, just aren't paying attention and/or aren't open to new facts.

Hillary is a very polarizing person (and thus candidate). But she is far and away better than Trump, in every measurable category. And that isn't an opinion, it's a fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Trump has been a regular media person since the early 1980s but, we just never noticed he was a racist all this time? This notion is so ridiculous, I can't even believe those who put it forth remember to breathe.

He has said a lot of things that are insensitive to minorities. But saying something insensitive is not racism. Words have meanings.
    That is correct - he was never put under the scrutiny that a Presidential candidate receives (like Hillary has been through already, because of her rather unique position and history)

The problem is that in reality, only one side is correct. Anyone viewing the realities of the two candidates, without any past knowledge, would come to the same conclusion. And I say this knowing full well what your response will be - the only problem is that I happen to be right. And that sucks because there is an inherent pushback found within people that makes them want to automatically argue with that point of view - more so on a forum such as this.

But it doesn't matter.

Trump is an utter horror of a human being, and people ignore the blatant disregard for anyone other than himself that he on an almost daily basis verifies, just aren't paying attention and/or aren't open to new facts.

Hillary is a very polarizing person (and thus candidate). But she is far and away better than Trump, in every measurable category. And that isn't an opinion, it's a fact.

- - - Updated - - -

That is correct - he was never put under the scrutiny that a Presidential candidate receives (like Hillary has been through already, because of her rather unique position and history)
    I would all but assure you he has more minutes on TV than her in total.

So, you are putting forth the notion that not one person in his life, not one person in his business dealings, knew he was this closet racist? Do you realize the level of conspiracy it would take to hide that all these years?

10+ Year Old Account

But it doesn't matter.

- - - Updated - - -

You confuse two things, your opinions and facts and think them to be the same thing. That is a ridiculous assumption and a sign of an arrogant mind. You say that Trump is a nasty human being, but the very same applies to Clinton.

The only fact about your current election is that both of the candidates are awful. I don't envy you americans choosing between two so bad candidates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    I would all but assure you he has more minutes on TV than her in total.
    Yes, he was a reality TV star and ran a Wrestlemania program with Vince. Hardly classified as political scrutiny. In fact, when he has been, it has been as a joke. In places like Simpsons and the 80s comic strip, both didn't criticize him politically, but used it as a vehicle to demonstrate a destopian future. Yes, being a punchline to jokes and a reality TV star gets him more air time, but for completley different reasons.

So, you are putting forth the notion that not one person in his life, not one person in his business dealings, knew he was this closet racist? Do you realize the level of conspiracy it would take to hide that all these years?
    No one cared, because Trump was a joke.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...acks-vs-whites