Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why do my heals suck???

Im a resto druid and Ive watched some stream and youtube videos of Resto druids doing 200-300k healing on raids and all I've heard from beta is that rest druids are the top healer. I however am struggling to break 100-150k healing. I go oom pretty quick when i try to keep up with the other healers of my guild and I've tried a few different talent choices and either way i go I'm still lagging behind. Can someone look at my logs and help me figure out what I'm doing wrong?

Im new to mom-champion and it won't let me post links yet so I'm linking the part of the url after the warcraft logs part

reports/zHJYABp2a7CLqX36/#fight=5&type=summary

My character is Räkítìn - Zul'Jin

I currently run the SoTF talent build and i tried cultivate a bit for progression and germentation for some extra raid heals with no big changes.

(Also i do realize we are running 6 healers for this week for trial purposes which will effect my overall healing)
    Last edited by Rakitin; 2016-09-22 at 04:00 AM.

These are the issues I saw in your logs:

- Lifebloom fell off at one point for almost 30 seconds, so you had 71% uptime. Push this higher to get extra clearcasting procs (free heals).
    - Use your clearcasting procs as soon as you get them, even if you're overwriting a regrowth already on the tank.
    - Used wild growth 8 times, needs to be 25+.
    - Not pushing your mana, you were capped quite a bit during the first half of the fight and finished with full mana. You're running two regen trinkets, I'd swap one for a throughput trinket.
    - Swiftmend more, don't let it stay capped at 2 charges.

Main reason your heals are low is that you aren't using Wild Growth enough, that should be your top heal especially running prosperity/sotf. Get in the habit of using wild growth right behind your swiftmend, especially during heavy aoe dmg. Keep a charge of swiftmend on cd at all times and have one banked for a big wild growth when needed. At times I will spend the sotf buff on a regrowth when the tank is taking heavy dmg (or a low raid member) but only when needed. When raid dmg and tank dmg are light use the buff on rejuv on the tank as last resort. If you use wild growth more or less on cd you'll see you can scale back some rejuvs and push your hps alot higher. Then extend your wild growth as it is running out with Flourish and immediately follow up with your artifact ability during the highest dmg phases.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I was having the same troubles as OP and what I did to fix that yesterday is pretty much exactly as OP described, and I was constantly pushing 220-250k from there on.

One question for Luckbox: Would you say Efflorescence is good value vs mana spent? Was thinking maybe gettin Spring Blossoms to up the value of that one.

Also, as Wild Growth gets constantly weaker per tick, how does that play with flourish giving it an extra 6 seconds?

Cheers.

Can't look at the logs right now, I'd say though druids are not top healers for raids atm at all.

Mana is an issue, be efficient with it.

I'd say Hpalas look very very good atm and Rshamans (at least from the raids I did).

Yes I was around 190-220k hps on normal at all fights. My guess is for HC I'd reach 250k+ but thats due to the fact that on HC i might use flasks pots etc.

Don't look at your HPS as much as long as you are doing what you should be doing then your raid leader should know where druids are standing on the scale.

One important thing the person above me didn't mention is Tranq. Use your tranquility efficiently when the raid is taking heavy dmg. I personally use 2-3 tranqs each fight with the tranq talent, that boosts up your HPS a lot and its helping the raid and the other healers with mana as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    I was having the same troubles as OP and what I did to fix that yesterday is pretty much exactly as OP described, and I was constantly pushing 220-250k from there on.

One question for Luckbox: Would you say Efflorescence is good value vs mana spent? Was thinking maybe gettin Spring Blossoms to up the value of that one.

Also, as Wild Growth gets constantly weaker per tick, how does that play with flourish giving it an extra 6 seconds?

Cheers.
    efflorescence should always be up same as lifebloom.

Spring blossoms is pretty inefficient I'd say at least for me for raiding. Inner peace is an amazing talent for raids. My spring blossoms is 20k heal over 6 sec on 850ilvl, haven't tried it yet if I think though lets say maybe 6-7 members are in there, ill get what 120-140k heal from that talent... not amazing id say.

Clickable link to the logs, for the lazy.

Looking at Nythendra:
    - You're not using cooldowns enough. You never once used Tranquility in the first three minutes of the fight. On the second attempt, you saved it until 4:30.
    - You almost never use your staff. It's on a 90 second cooldown so you should be using it early, often, and all the time. You used it twice in 18 minutes. It's powerful, so use it more.
    - Innervate. You didn't use it at all, even when out of mana. Macro it to something like Efflorescence if you don't want to have to remember it.
    - Lifebloom uptime was low, just below 70% overall. This isn't a huge deal, but the extra clearcasts are nice, especially if you're struggling with mana.
    - Speaking of clearcasting, the procs went unused a few times. Try to use them sooner.
    - Swiftmend sat unused for long periods of time. Well over a minute on several occasions, meaning it wasn't because you were saving charges.
    - Efflorescence uptime could have been much better. Nythendra is a grouped up fight with predictable movement. It's should be a bigger part of your healing here.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Cheers.
    Yes keep efflorescence down all the time. I run spring blossoms by default and although it's a pretty low % of healing, it's passive and boosts your mastery by adding another hot (efflorescence itself doesn't count). On certain fights there could be a place for Inner Peace sure, but if you don't fit the extra tranq in then it basically does nothing and you may just end up forcing a tranq where it isn't needed.

As for flourish, my understanding is that flourish will simply rewrite the remaining amount on the hots into a longer hot so it shouldn't affect the total healing, but I'd have to test it.

Deleted
    Would suggest to get used to Inner Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckbox View Post
    I run spring blossoms by default and although it's a pretty low % of healing...
    It can be a pretty high % of your healing on some fights. One of our druids had a bit over 7% of his total healing from Spring Blossoms yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckbox View Post
    As for flourish, my understanding is that flourish will simply rewrite the remaining amount on the hots into a longer hot so it shouldn't affect the total healing, but I'd have to test it.
    It adds more ticks at the same power (any bonuses included), yes. I just double checked with logs from yesterday. Used with Wild Growth, it's basically a second free Wild Growth that also benefits from SotF. Plus any other HoTs that it extends, obviously. It's quite good.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    It can be a pretty high % of your healing on some fights. One of our druids had a bit over 7% of his total healing from Spring Blossoms yesterday.

It adds more ticks at the same power (any bonuses included), yes. I just double checked with logs from yesterday. Used with Wild Growth, it's basically a second free Wild Growth that also benefits from SotF. Plus any other HoTs that it extends, obviously. It's quite good.
    Can you somehow confirm from your logs what power "flourished" wild growth ticks start at? Do they just continue to grow even weaker from the normal ticks?

Can you somehow confirm from your logs what power "flourished" wild growth ticks start at? Do they just continue to grow even weaker from the normal ticks?
    I can't offer any useful data, unfortunately. Looking at the logs, it seems that I always cast Flourish immediately after casting Wild Growth, so there's never more than one tick of Wild Growth before it gets refreshed. The only thing I can say is that the second tick (first tick after Flourish) seems to heal for as much as the first tick, when normally it heals for slightly less, but the data is rather limited and a lot of things interfere with the numbers (trinket procs, other HoTs expiring on targets, people healing taken buffs, etc.) so I can't get you any actual calculated averages for a reliable answer.

I think it would be easier to just log on and cast Wild Growth and watch the numbers, then cast Flourish when it's about to expire and see what happens.

Deleted
    Healing Touch is your filler spell. Regrowth is only to be used on clearcast proc or as emergency heal.

yeah saafe, all the flash heal type spells took a big nerf hpm-wise to make slow heals worth casting

it's also worth keeping the regrowth hot on tanks if you're trying to keep them up through hard damage (quite likely if your guild has no pally and you have an moderate amount of mastery)

yeah though, they basically nerfed healing surge/regrowth/flash heal/flash of light to all do about as much healing as healing touch/holy light/healing wave/heal but faster and with a higher mana cost, regrowth of course is accounting for its crit rate and the living seed in that

there's still some benefits from those spells though like tidal waves, faster serenity charging, and the druid mastery bonus and the living seed that still give them their own niches though, even when you don't just need an emergency heal

healing touch is a pretty great and efficient spot heal atm (actually pretty comparable to a rejuv that's not a hot for hpm, and excluding mastery and whichever artifact traits you have atm)

as the xpac goes on and we get all our traits and more mastery (while crit will on a small level increase HT's hpm by slightly more), rejuv's hpm will comparably get better in comparison to healing touch, but for now, they're pretty close, especially if you went into the moving tranq trait, and rejuv enables dreamwalker which does some pretty nice healing

basically if you're not pressed to be casting a lot, healing touch is pretty great atm, but rejuv and regrowth are still gonna be what you want when you need a lot of healing, but on fights like dragons and xavius, dont be afraid to throw a lot of em
    Last edited by ryklin; 2016-09-22 at 03:30 PM.

Deleted
    Clickable link to the logs, for the lazy.

Looking at Nythendra:
    - You're not using cooldowns enough. You never once used Tranquility in the first three minutes of the fight. On the second attempt, you saved it until 4:30.
    - You almost never use your staff. It's on a 90 second cooldown so you should be using it early, often, and all the time. You used it twice in 18 minutes. It's powerful, so use it more.
    - Innervate. You didn't use it at all, even when out of mana. Macro it to something like Efflorescence if you don't want to have to remember it.
    - Lifebloom uptime was low, just below 70% overall. This isn't a huge deal, but the extra clearcasts are nice, especially if you're struggling with mana.
    - Speaking of clearcasting, the procs went unused a few times. Try to use them sooner.
    - Swiftmend sat unused for long periods of time. Well over a minute on several occasions, meaning it wasn't because you were saving charges.
    - Efflorescence uptime could have been much better. Nythendra is a grouped up fight with predictable movement. It's should be a bigger part of your healing here.
    OP, With all due respect, you're barely above the tank on healing done. I hope we can help you because we belong at the top! With above as input:

If you run a SotF build it is pretty much unacceptable that you have swiftmend charges sitting. I used WG pretty much on cooldown yesterday evening. Use SM -> WG -> ( + Flourish -> Essence of G'hanir if damage is intense) as much as possible.

In addition to my previous post. I just checked our logs and WG is by far my #1 healing spell. Also learned I am gonna need to get a WA setup for my LB too lol.
    Last edited by mmoc7b61e2a4ca; 2016-09-23 at 07:13 AM.

)gotta get wild growth and tranquil usage way up the list. That alone would make up 50ish know. But please don't look at healing Ike it's dps. The number isn't important in the slightest. All that matters is cds usage and that you and the other healers are equally healing. If you all are doing 100k hps then you all are doing fine, ya know?
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Rockmahparty View Post
    In addition to my previous post. I just checked our logs and WG is by far my #1 healing spell. Also learned I am gonna need to get a WA setup for my LB too lol.
    This will depend a bit on your build. Looking at logs from this week, I'm usually Wild Growth > Tranquility > Rejuvenation, while another druid in the group who runs less SotF-centric build is usually Rejuvenation > Wild Growth > Tranquility. On some fights Efflorescence will be in the top tree. If Wild Growth is your top spell, it's because you're using Soul of the Forest and Flourish (and probably the staff) to boost it. Without those, it shouldn't be that high.

Deleted
    This will depend a bit on your build. Looking at logs from this week, I'm usually Wild Growth > Tranquility > Rejuvenation, while another druid in the group who runs less SotF-centric build is usually Rejuvenation > Wild Growth > Tranquility. On some fights Efflorescence will be in the top tree. If Wild Growth is your top spell, it's because you're using Soul of the Forest and Flourish (and probably the staff) to boost it. Without those, it shouldn't be that high.
    Yeah, it is the build I set in my post above with flourish + staff. But also I barely cast WG not boosted by SM.

I just found Efflorescence is my #2 healing spell on Dragons of Nightmare (normal). Was pretty static, might even take Spring Blossems if the fight will be "the same" on heroic.

Btw to all teh druds that are new to resto here, I am new to resto as well but my output is between 200k-300k hps in raids without going oom.

1 of the biggest tricks apart from playing the class right and following what luckbox said, is for you to have proper WeakAuras setup, proper gri2 or whatever frames you are using setup.

Unfortunatelly Rdruid from what I see so far as I converted from an hpally has TOO MANY things to look out for. You can't be competitive without proper weakauras and CD's tracking. You can't do without proper hot tracking. Even when clearcasting is up you need something to urge you to do it. Usually (I get that a lot) as soon as clearcast comes up and you cast your regrowth another one pops up. If you miss that fast cast then your missing a free heal.
    Also you need to find out how to use your innervate since its a small CD and raid fights tend to be long.
    If you do everything right you'd be sitting at a high HPS against the rest of the healers in your grp and then you can most defintiely ask from Balance druids to innervate you or Rshamans ( I had that in my guild, where balance drud and rshamans would ask me when I wanted their cd's because they won't use it and its beneficial for the raid ).
    A very very good trick as well in case you are running tree of life is to innervate your self go tree and instant regrowth at least 10 people WG and efflor, that boosts up healing and helps the grp and can be done in par with tranq as a counter CD.

Deleted
    As there are so much good restos watching this thread, I would ask you about your mana management: Are you getting the same problem like me beeig out of mana rather quickly? I heal atleast 2 minutes nearly oom (first place with pally)

I am pushing good heals out and beat all other restodroods which i met so far but its very exhausting to play with so low ressources.

I got the cocoon trinket last night from the spiderboss and hope that will do some work. 70k mana + the 10secs manaregen sounds like not so much but we will see.

For the op: i quickly find out that (at least for me) tree of life + 2min tranq is by far superior in 15+ men raidgrps. Most importend spell is reju for me with 40+% of overall healing. So i focused on zero mastery + rejuspam and good cdtiming with wildgrowth secondbest spell.

In small grps double reju and sotf build are very strong, at least for me.

Chears and sorry for that bad denglish

Quote Originally Posted by Whitestrife View Post
    As there are so much good restos watching this thread, I would ask you about your mana management: Are you getting the same problem like me beeig out of mana rather quickly? I heal atleast 2 minutes nearly oom (first place with pally)

I am pushing good heals out and beat all other restodroods which i met so far but its very exhausting to play with so low ressources.

I got the cocoon trinket last night from the spiderboss and hope that will do some work. 70k mana + the 10secs manaregen sounds like not so much but we will see.

For the op: i quickly find out that (at least for me) tree of life + 2min tranq is by far superior in 15+ men raidgrps. Most importend spell is reju for me with 40+% of overall healing. So i focused on zero mastery + rejuspam and good cdtiming with wildgrowth secondbest spell.

In small grps double reju and sotf build are very strong, at least for me.

Chears and sorry for that bad denglish
    I dont get OOM unless half grp dies and the fight goes to extra long, norm fights dont get OOM and hc fights usually I might use a pot.

I tend to refresh wild growth almost on CD. I keep my renews lower than usual to preserve mana depending on occasion. I very very very rarely will cast regrowth without clearcasting.
    I use my innervate everytime on CD and I feel like ill need to go do spells that require mana.

I tend to be top 1-2 in my grp usually 200-300k hps depending on the fight average id say 230k + . Hpalys seem to pass me only on certain fights only and only if again the fight goes long enough for me to be OOM.

Don't forget its still early and content is fresh, people's gear is lower than normal AP as well, if you pug u'll get dead weight on you both in healing and dps and that obviously is going to run you OOM.

If everything is executed fine by your guild, you should get OOM until < 10%

Deleted
    Sorry, i forgot to tell you that i speak of 5/7 hc progress