Power of the Archdruid is rubbish

Well I went for this one and it really sucks.

The proc is not enough, if you are preserving mana you'd be casting WG once in a while hence 25% is not a great proc to have for something that you can cast every 10 secs if you don't care about mana and in reality every 30-50 secs in a raid, maybe every 30secs average in a dungeon.

The true issue with this though is the randomness if the Rej that are going out. It doesn't work like WG at all. So it will rej 2 random targets in the raid even if they don't take dmg at all for the whole duration of that, so its proc + rej random targets that might not get dmg at all makes it useless.

I think they should either buff its proc or make it work sort of like WG itself where it will rej people with lower hp or smthing. Atm its not worth it more than the Tranquility treat. I regret getting it really.

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    Well I went for this one and it really sucks.
    Well... yes. That's why everyone else went for Tranquil Mind and then Dreamwalker and then stopped caring. It's not just a matter of numbers; it's an inherently deeply flawed talent. It's too random to be useful for healing, and even when it does proc it's random if that proc will actually help you or not.

PotA pretty much needs to be removed and replaced with something else, but that's unlikely to happen any time soon. Especially considering how upset all the people who went for the other talents first (and that's like 99% of all resto druids) would be. Simply tweaking the numbers won't fix it. The talent is a fundamentally bad idea.

The proc is not enough, if you are preserving mana you'd be casting WG once in a while...
    If you're in a raid, you're probably casting WG more or less on cooldown simply because you have to. PotA still isn't any good.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

You are right my friend. It does suck, baaad. Last one to take, if ever... Tranqui and Dream is a lot better.

yes I made this post because I saw quite a few posts just before legion came out here and on other forums about going for that treat and thats why I went for it.

I made this thread and I think it should be on the resto druid guide that you shouldn't go for this treat until you are maxed out on AP.

Deleted
    The main problem with the talent as far as I'm concerned, is that is has reverse syberg with h dreamwalker

I made this thread and I think it should be on the resto druid guide that you shouldn't go for this treat until you are maxed out on AP.
    I think every guide written after Legion was released says that. Guides from alpha/beta tend to be unreliable or outright wrong, as alpha/beta tends to attract guide writers who really have no idea what they're talking about but who think themselves qualified simply because they got an alpha invite. Anything written during the first week after release also tends to be very unreliable.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkwingDuck View Post
    The main problem with the talent as far as I'm concerned, is that is has reverse syberg with h dreamwalker
    Not really. Rejuvenation lasts longer than the cooldown of Wild Growth, especially with the extended duration talent that you probably picked up on your way to PotA. The PotA trait is all about sustained AoE healing, while Dreamwalker is about burst AoE healing. It makes sense that PotA won't synergize with Dreamwalker until the next WG cast.

I kinda feel like they had to make it suck since the stuff in front of pota is pretty fantastic for hpm (not as great for mana dumping and heavy healing as the top, which is why you're bringing a rest drood anyways), it's also the kind of trait that can easily be buffed if they feel we need it

I'd personally like it to just make our next rejuv do it's own half-rejuv (with it's own buff type) after every wg so we can get some extra mastery bonus on a chosen target and it'd be averaging out to slightly better output than the current version (basically 100% chance to do 0.5 to the same targ instead of 25% chance to cleave 2 after with rng dumbheals)

but that wont happen cause pvp resto droods are still a thing
    Last edited by ryklin; 2016-09-22 at 03:40 PM.

Deleted
    well honestly it doesn't really matter what you pick. everyone who played from the beginning of legion should atm have enough research artifact notes enough to easily get up to 23 or even 24 trait lvl , so its just matter of time before we see druids with all 3 gold traits.

on the otherhand, if you started late as me, who started 1½ week ago. then you still have a catch up system where you spend 1 day on artifact research notes, or 3½ day (was 3½ day for me each) and currently i will unlock trait 21 today.

another thing i've realized is that people think "wow increasing traits definitely makes me stronger, and this specific trait here just sucks"

the thing is - it might sound wierd, but you do not get stronger from traits to traits, you are actually just underperforming until you have them all.

the game is balanced where everyone has 34 traits not at 0. so the thing is, it doesn't honestly matter which traits you pick. at one point you got them all anyway.

I went power of the archdruid myself, as I was new to healing so decided to pick the mana trait path for throw more healing spells to make up for my inexperienced healings. but it seems like i git gut eairlier than expected and already 853 ilvl doing mythic + 7 runs so thats atleast nice

so overall honestly your traits are not that special doesn't really matter what you went

Quote Originally Posted by Squirly View Post
    so overall honestly your traits are not that special doesn't really matter what you went
    Tell that to Tranquil Mind. You can argue all you want about whether we're supposed to have it or not, but the fact remains that some people have it and some people don't, and the people who don't are at a a major disadvantage for progressing right now. You can get it in less than a week if you go for that first, but if you went for PotA first, you might find yourself mildly screwed for a few weeks.

It matters much more for raiding than dungeons, as you'd expect. I can't remember any mythic fight where it makes a big difference, but there are raid encounters where it matters. Xavius comes to mind, phase three especially. Cenarius too, and to some extent Renferal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    Tell that to Tranquil Mind. You can argue all you want about whether we're supposed to have it or not, but the fact remains that some people have it and some people don't, and the people who don't are at a a major disadvantage for progressing right now. You can get it in less than a week if you go for that first, but if you went for PotA first, you might find yourself mildly screwed for a few weeks.

It matters much more for raiding than dungeons, as you'd expect. I can't remember any mythic fight where it makes a big difference, but there are raid encounters where it matters. Xavius comes to mind, phase three especially. Cenarius too, and to some extent Renferal.
    huh.. you need what 26 traits to get all 3 golden? you should have that same week mythic gets out. If you don't reach that point, you are not in a guild who is serious enough anyway that it would change anything.

as said previous, people are litterally believing that they gain more from traits than what they actually are doing.

Its litterally not something people should worry about.

Dreamwalker sucks something awful too... Tranquil mind is the only decent gold talent we have.

well honestly it doesn't really matter what you pick. everyone who played from the beginning of legion should atm have enough research artifact notes enough to easily get up to 23 or even 24 trait lvl , so its just matter of time before we see druids with all 3 gold traits.

on the otherhand, if you started late as me, who started 1½ week ago. then you still have a catch up system where you spend 1 day on artifact research notes, or 3½ day (was 3½ day for me each) and currently i will unlock trait 21 today.

another thing i've realized is that people think "wow increasing traits definitely makes me stronger, and this specific trait here just sucks"

the thing is - it might sound wierd, but you do not get stronger from traits to traits, you are actually just underperforming until you have them all.

the game is balanced where everyone has 34 traits not at 0. so the thing is, it doesn't honestly matter which traits you pick. at one point you got them all anyway.

I went power of the archdruid myself, as I was new to healing so decided to pick the mana trait path for throw more healing spells to make up for my inexperienced healings. but it seems like i git gut eairlier than expected and already 853 ilvl doing mythic + 7 runs so thats atleast nice

Don't get me wrong I am not saying because I got PoTA I don't heal or can't heal. Am pulling 300k hps in raids and I am standing on mythic+9 atm.

I am just pointing out that its use is rubbish and blizzard should at least do something about it. Am not asking for a buff on this treat, just a mechanic change where the 2 extra rejuv's are not completely random, that would make more sense. Is it going to make me stronger? not rly nor its gonna make a huge difference in my healing output, it will just feel the right thing to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went for pota as well. It feels like such a tarp cause the passives around it rock. Im not too concerned you will eventually get them all anyway.

You could easily get persistence before mythic releases taking that route last, and that is the minor trait that matters the most.

Dreamwalker, depending on the fight and gameplay, accounts for around 2-5% of your healing.

huh.. you need what 26 traits to get all 3 golden? you should have that same week mythic gets out. If you don't reach that point, you are not in a guild who is serious enough anyway that it would change anything.

as said previous, people are litterally believing that they gain more from traits than what they actually are doing.

Its litterally not something people should worry about.
    People are not generally going to have 26 traits before Mythic comes out this Tuesday. I think the highest I have seen anyone at right now is 24, and most people that have been doing all or most AP sources each day are at 22-23, and to get from 23-26 is more than 300,000 artifact power, more than 1-23 combined.

People will probably have around 24 traits going into week 1 of Mythic, which isn't bad; the only key traits that you will be missing if you took the correct path is Power of the Archdruid itself and 1 point in Knowledge of the Ancients. The people who took the bottom path to PoTA first, and went to Tranquil Mind last are the ones that probably screwed themselves, because they will have 1-2 weeks of Mythic progression without our strongest gold trait.