Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I've still not opened WQ's. Half of stormheim and whole suramar to do. I don't know. I've been doing all treasures and rares per zone, but definitely will skip most of them on my alts. If i ever can level them...

For some reason, some days i'm just not interested to log in and play. All the hype about dungeons, but i'm thinking i will mostly skip them (they are not interesting imo for some reason) and focus on WQ and maybe LFR if it's bearable. Professions are just frustrating, i don't even have any skillups in LW yet and only few in enchanting. There's something in legion which bothers me, or maybe i've just reached my limit, after playing this game for 10 years.

I've enjoyed the leveling experience too, but I'm not sure how many more times it'll be fun to go through it in the immediate future. I have a paladin and rogue at 110 with 840+ ilevel, a priest at almost 106, and a hunter that I'm about to start leveling. The quests are already getting kind of repetitive for me, although I love the fact that they're broken up by the class storylines a bit, which I've enjoyed so far. Personally, I'll always level one toon to max before I do much with alts, just because I like to be able to experience any easily accessible content in the game when it appears if it strikes my interest. But to each their own!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    Professions are just frustrating, i don't even have any skillups in LW yet and only few in enchanting.
    Yeah I haven't done anything with profs either, but that's more because I'd rather cash in and sell the mats I get while leveling while they're going for the absurd prices that they are. Honestly, I guess the perfect stat upgrades and oblitereum route is the way to go if you're a min-maxing hardcore raider willing to burn through some serious coin, but that hasn't been me since Wrath so I'll take their gold. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    I've enjoyed the leveling experience too, but I'm not sure how many more times it'll be fun to go through it in the immediate future. I have a paladin and rogue at 110 with 840+ ilevel, a priest at almost 106, and a hunter that I'm about to start leveling. The quests are already getting kind of repetitive for me, although I love the fact that they're broken up by the class storylines a bit, which I've enjoyed so far. Personally, I'll always level one toon to max before I do much with alts, just because I like to be able to experience any easily accessible content in the game when it appears if it strikes my interest. But to each their own!

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I haven't done anything with profs either, but that's more because I'd rather cash in and sell the mats I get while leveling while they're going for the absurd prices that they are. Honestly, I guess the perfect stat upgrades and oblitereum route is the way to go if you're a min-maxing hardcore raider willing to burn through some serious coin, but that hasn't been me since Wrath so I'll take their gold. =)
    What has really helped me is having all the alts going at the same time- it means I can open up order halls and exp missions, which significantly cuts down on the number of quests I need to do, and allows a lot more variability. It also means the class quests take up a lot larger proportion of the leveling time, which differentiates it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

Quote Originally Posted by middling View Post
    So, I'm an altoholic and I decided to level characters simultaneously rather than rush one character to 110 and I'm happy with that decision.

I don't raid, I play healers and from what I read for the casual player healing is much harder now, I'm not interested in world quests.

I do love the individual class experiences though, it's been fun to slowly play through each zone.

Anyone else still not max level on any char?
    You're not missing much, there's not much to do at max level. Actually, less to do. Massive amounts of rehashing with "a little harder!" be it world bosses, world quests, heroic then mystic dungeons. The only "new" things would be prestige in pvp, raiding (which is rehash and only different difficulties), and a new zone... that's a shit zone with an ugly as sin city that kills you a lot just for lulz.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    For some reason, some days i'm just not interested to log in and play.
    I went fast so I could be 110, build some honor levels and then farm RBGs for titles and mounts, but I haven't even brought myself to do even one. Maybe with the new hotfix patch stuff, things'll be better. But really, how many times do I have to do kill some bears and get some hippogriff eggs? How many times does Seersei have to die?
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    literally just casually playing and i have 4 characters at 110

you seriously have to actually avoid leveling to NOT be 110 by now
    Game has been out 3 weeks and 2 days. That's 23 days. You're averaging a character to max level every 6 days. If you level up in 12 hours (reasonable I would guess; some people certainly can do it faster), that's 2 hours per day average.

A LOT of people play this game less than 2 hours per day. I think you don't know just how casual some players are.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    If you have for toons a max level already you don't play casually. Casually playing would be like how the op is leveling. Just because you don't mythic raid on all four toons that doesn't mean you play casually. No one I my guild has more than 3 toons at max level yet no one.
    Playing casually means something different for every individual person. It has no static numeric definition. For me, having 4 toons at max would be playing casually. Maybe not for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    Game has been out 3 weeks and 2 days. That's 23 days. You're averaging a character to max level every 6 days. If you level up in 12 hours (reasonable I would guess; some people certainly can do it faster), that's 2 hours per day average.

A LOT of people play this game less than 2 hours per day. I think you don't know just how casual some players are.
    "Playing casually" has no numeric definition. 2 hours a day is super casual fora lot of players and not at all for others. It's not up to you to decide.

So, I'm an altoholic and I decided to level characters simultaneously rather than rush one character to 110 and I'm happy with that decision.

I don't raid, I play healers and from what I read for the casual player healing is much harder now, I'm not interested in world quests.

I do love the individual class experiences though, it's been fun to slowly play through each zone.

Anyone else still not max level on any char?
    You do you friend. It was a week and a half into the expansion before I hit 110, which I did on my 30th birthday for celebratory reasons. I also am an altoholic and will be leveling alts shortly, after which I'll go back to farming mounts I don't have (I'm at 332 now :3). I'm just working on as much of pathfinder as I can first before I do so.

Also, I think the second part of my signature captures the essence of this topic really well.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Holy fuck. If we banned everyone that simply posted for attention-whoring purposes half the site would go dark.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    I'd go insane if I tried doing something that ridiculously inefficient.
    The shackles of meritocracy are having a firm grip on your soul. Sad!

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Playing casually means something different for every individual person. It has no static numeric definition. For me, having 4 toons at max would be playing casually. Maybe not for you.

- - - Updated - - -

"Playing casually" has no numeric definition. 2 hours a day is super casual fora lot of players and not at all for others. It's not up to you to decide.
    Except 4 max level toons when a game hasn't been out a month yet isn't by any means casual. Now you might casually use them and not raid or pvp at high levels with them but the time investment to get 4 toons already to max level isn't casual Nevermind we don't now what ilevel they are at or how far with rep or class halls either.
    To be well into that too takes a lot more time and again wouldn't be casual.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Considering world quests are the best and quickest way to gear to not to do them or have interest in them and add in you are not a raider is rather dumb to put it bluntly.
    Good luck killing anything in game at 110 without them.
    You do know all mobs in every zone scale with you right?
    Once 110 they pretty much make ones life miserable until on hits 830 ilevel and then you start to kill them easier.
    Need world quests to get to 830 specially if you don't raid.
    blizz confirmed mobs dont scale with ilvl only char level, they agreed that having things constantly scale with your gear would be a very unrewarding experience. why level your gear if the mobs will just get stronger too? needs to be some point where you feel more powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    but you didnt explained why he would want to be "not behind" in artifact power and time gating. wtf?
    U want me to explain what?

i have my monk since vanilla
    Mists of Pandaria is the new vanilla?

Blizzard: Bosses now also have a chance to drop ponies! A pony makes your character better.
    Players: AAARGH ponies are RNG!
    Now it's even harder to be perfect. /unsub
    They should just make ponies baseline.
    LOL @ World of Ponycraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    This time around I'm focusing on one character and getting him as maxed out as I can before starting another character. That way it won't feel so all over the place when I start a new character. Before, I would get a character to max level or close to max level and then right away start another one, get that character about half way to max level, wander off to another character do a few quests on him and level him up a couple times, and then I'd go back to my main guy. It just felt messy.

I didn't rush either as I never do in new expansions. I read every single quest that was given to me so I can understand what is going on in each zone and understand why I'm doing the things that are asked of me. Just doesn't feel right if you don't at least read the quests at least once.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    U want me to explain what?
    You are telling him that his ways are not smart because he will fall behind "your playstyle". the guy doesnt even want to do wq nor raids, its not falling behind in anything i guess... maybe even wont to unlock dungeons

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sounder View Post
    Mists of Pandaria is the new vanilla?
    sorry, i meant panda, not monk.
    yes, my panda since vanilla

I play 2-3 hours a day, two or three days a week. Just got to 110 on Tuesday.

blizz confirmed mobs dont scale with ilvl only char level, they agreed that having things constantly scale with your gear would be a very unrewarding experience. why level your gear if the mobs will just get stronger too? needs to be some point where you feel more powerful.

I know but until one hits the 830 or so ilevel at 110 the mobs take forever to kill that were easy just at 109.

You are telling him that his ways are not smart because he will fall behind "your playstyle". the guy doesnt even want to do wq nor raids, its not falling behind in anything i guess...
    Want me to guess as well? maybe he has friends he wants to play with, maybe he cares about not being last on recount. Neither you nor I know these things. Hence why I said choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Want me to guess as well? maybe he has friends he wants to play with, maybe he cares about not being last on recount. Neither you nor I know these things. Hence why I said choices.
    i wont be guessing that having in count what he posted. never mind just saying. te guy isnt interested on be lv max, imagine how interested on beign competitive and dont fall behind AP can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    You can be interested in playing well AND not want to spend all your time rushing things in-game.
    So... he should rush to lv 110 to play well then?

Thanks to all the posts on this everyone, I always like the spirited discussion.

To summarize for anyone still following along. The reason that I don't want to do World Quests etc is the same reason I didn't do Apexis Dailies or get a shipyard on all my characters. Since I don't raid, gear is basically meaningless past a certain point. Sure it can help a little farming stuff here or there but when you run old raids for mounts for example and you one shot every mob, killing them by an extra 200k dmg doesn't really mean much.

I have 9 characters because I like the different classes but mainly because I want one of each profession for things like profession mounts or certain items to sell etc.

Essentially playing the "make enough gold so I don't ever have to pay real money for this again" game.

also yes, I like to play with friends. I'm also a bit burnt out by dungeon groups since it's back to the days of early Cataclysm when healers got blamed for everything.

So there is no real incentive for me to rush to max level, I'm enjoying the scenery, exploring all the nooks and crannies. Heck today I decided to get a full garrison for my Demon Hunter. So I went back to Warlords finished all the quests bought all the plans, went out and found the tailoring followers and got my hexweave up and running to make bags. None of that required me to be level 110.

Many people would think that was a waste of time but I really enjoyed going back to square 1 of Warlords and starting all over. I even went into my mine.