Deleted

Question Brewmaster in Mythic +

So Up till last night have been loving my Brm. I've felt sturdy and overall pretty strong. (not the strongest but strong enough). Did mythic + last night, after getting to M4 it started to get.. hard to keep chain pulling packs to keep up with the timer. I was often of high red/yellow stagger and running out of my charges. I presume this is due to miss play and not needing to have done this actual thought so much up till now.

So my question really,
    Is there a "better" build / stat prio for chain pulling speedy runs of M+? I'm still not at 30% haste, i seem to have the worst luck with haste gear... I have a few good pieces but mostly shockingly bad ones. I'm still only sitting around 16% (which i know i need to work on) - Does the haste make it so much easier?

Unfortunately i stupidly loged out as healer. but here is me anyways.. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eleì/advanced

Thanks. x

The more haste you have, the easier it gets to manage your Brew charges. I'm not having any more problems than i have on my Bear tank when doing mythics above lvl 5.

Right now i feel like Brewmaster is middle of the pack in everything. We are good at damage, surivability and mobility, but we are not the best at any of those hehe

Deleted
    Are you running high tolerance? It seems to be the most optimal 100 talent for those lower haste gear setups.

Quote Originally Posted by arkomen View Post
    The more haste you have, the easier it gets to manage your Brew charges. I'm not having any more problems than i have on my Bear tank when doing mythics above lvl 5.

Right now i feel like Brewmaster is middle of the pack in everything. We are good at damage, surivability and mobility, but we are not the best at any of those hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruul View Post
    Are you running high tolerance? It seems to be the most optimal 100 talent for those lower haste gear setups.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Brewmaster does seem to have an issue with a lot of fast chain pulling and strong, consistent incoming damage. It doesn't seem as well-suited to the playstyle as some of the other tanks.

More haste will make it a lot easier though, as others have said.
    I really think stacking haste is bad advice; a better idea is to simply wait ten seconds before large pulls. HT scales multiplicatively with haste, which means it's more powerful the more haste you have, but it also means that after a certain point you're going to have more resources than you can reasonably use; 30% haste with HT is most likely far past that point. Mastery and Versatility are still necessary to have some base degree of mitigation and Crit will help your healer keep you up in extremely high damage situations.

I've been doing +4 and +5 this week and I haven't felt like the timer is particularly strict. If all you're going for is +1 upgrade you can just give yourself a breather every 3-4 pulls to let some of your brews/BoB recharge and still make the timer. Every tank with CD based mitigation suffers from this problem somewhat and the solution is either to go slower or manage your cooldowns better. Exploding Keg can usually save you a charge of ISB, Leg Sweep can save you another, plus CC from the rest of your party. If it really comes down to it, just roll away and kite while you wait for charges.

Quote Originally Posted by Xahz View Post
    I really think stacking haste is bad advice; a better idea is to simply wait ten seconds before large pulls. HT scales multiplicatively with haste, which means it's more powerful the more haste you have, but it also means that after a certain point you're going to have more resources than you can reasonably use; 30% haste with HT is most likely far past that point. Mastery and Versatility are still necessary to have some base degree of mitigation and Crit will help your healer keep you up in extremely high damage situations.

I've been doing +4 and +5 this week and I haven't felt like the timer is particularly strict. If all you're going for is +1 upgrade you can just give yourself a breather every 3-4 pulls to let some of your brews/BoB recharge and still make the timer. Every tank with CD based mitigation suffers from this problem somewhat and the solution is either to go slower or manage your cooldowns better. Exploding Keg can usually save you a charge of ISB, Leg Sweep can save you another, plus CC from the rest of your party. If it really comes down to it, just roll away and kite while you wait for charges.
    can you provide an armory of your toon?

I agree with stacking haste being a poor decision. The moment I ditched haste and went straight for mastery was when I went from feeling like a DPS character with a delay mechanism to feeling like an actual tank. I've tanked all of normal EN and +5 on mythics and I felt sturdy as a rock.

I'm up to 30%+ mastery though.

Oh yeah, and I managed to get that Nightwell Residue trinket, which makes up 20% of my healing.

Deleted
    Thanks guys and or girls,

I have swapped to HT while im on lower haste that seems to have helped A LOT. I tanked M7 with little difficulty. When people are suggesting low haste. are you just ignore it in the prio? focus on mastery and crit? Is this just for Mythic+ or general advice for raids too? I cant really find anything else suggesting this?

Thanks I have also made sure i logged out in tank gear.

Also, For the people that say getting to 30% haste is great. Should i take a 200 agi gem or a 150 haste gem? is haste worth the 50 agi loss? (same question goes for mastry/crit before or after i get 30% haste.)
    Does anyone have an actual prio in numbers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Go for mastery after you got a good level of haste especially if you are doing Dungeon content. Mastery provides a an increase rate to dodge an attack so its a nice physical DR stat, understand how mastery break points works and get to a higher break point you are currently after getting to 30% haste.

Mastery Breakpoint= (100-Base Dodge+4.5)/ X , "X=1,2,3,4,5,6"
    Where "X" is the number of attacks you want to hit in order to get your guaranteed dodge chance.

Crit looks like a very appealing stat but it actually doesn't bring much to the table, you start with 15% base crit anyway. I would go for Vers over crit.
    I ll paste a segment from another post about this:

"Suppose you have an infinite healthpool and have constant damage intake and no overhealing (theoretical scenario) then 10.5% DR (Damage Reduction) are exactly equal to 11.7% more healing taken. The thing is, if you take a hit for 1000 Damage and you have 10.5% DR, that means you need to get healed for 895 (because 1000 - 1000 * 10.5% = 895).

On the other hand, if you have 11.7% more healing, then you still need to be healed for exactly 895. because 895 * 1.117 = 1000.

1% DR is right about equal to 1% more healing, but the higher you go(5%...10%...50%) the higher the difference gets.
    (To the point of 100% DR via i.e by versatility, where you do not need to be healed at all, which is unachievable via crit)

Damage crit is not that much better. Lets compare 21% versatility rating to 24% crit rating. You have a base crit chance of about 15% + 3% from Gifted student. So the real values to compare are [21% vers + 18% crit] vs [42% crit]

1000 Damage (with vers) become 1000 * 1.21 * 1.18 = 1427,8 Damage
    1000 Damage (with crit) become 1000 * 1.42 = 1420 Damage

So even damage wise crit is worse than versatility (given a high value)

And while stacking crit does make it more reliable (not really "reliable" thou ) it also becomes way worse in higher gear levels, crit scales worse than versatility

This does seem kinda strange, since crit has the better rating conversion, but the fact that you also have way more base crit negates this completely."

Quote Originally Posted by 999DaZa View Post
    "Suppose you have an infinite healthpool and have constant damage intake and no overhealing (theoretical scenario) then 10.5% DR (Damage Reduction) are exactly equal to 11.7% more healing taken. The thing is, if you take a hit for 1000 Damage and you have 10.5% DR, that means you need to get healed for 895 (because 1000 - 1000 * 10.5% = 895).

On the other hand, if you have 11.7% more healing, then you still need to be healed for exactly 895. because 895 * 1.117 = 1000.
    "
    While I agree versatility is better than crit and scales better, your maths is wrong. Versatility applies to your outgoing heals, not received heals.

7+ Year Old Account
    My maths ins't wrong there, all that statement is showing is how much healing is required to achieve the same effect as 10.5% DR from versatility. In this case 11.5% more healing is equivalent to 10.5% DR to achieve similar results.

It is in no way referring to any healing received from vers.
    Last edited by 999DaZa; 2016-09-27 at 09:07 AM.

Deleted
    All this information is great, thanks guys. <3 I find heroic raid really easy to survive. yet struggle with the mythic + dungeons. I think it'll just take more practice.

I've done up to +7, never felt my tanking has been a burden tbh. I think just grab more mastery if you are feeling squishy. An on-use trinket also helps a ton as we lack CD's. I'm at 20% haste 30%+ Mastery. Have tons of brews for M+ and for raids I run HT (in mythics I use ED)