Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on how many people you had. Cenarius is a nightmare with 30 people, you don't get enough green spots to clear debuffs after wave 2. We had 5 main spec healers and 1 offspec, and they were running out of mana by wave 5.
    I can imagine this boss being a joke if we downsized to 20.

I'm always amazed at the extremely warped perspective the common raider has on difficulty. And how he perceives the average player. It's just a fact that most, yes, MOST people are NOT clearing a HC raid in the first week of its opening. Most don't clear it at all. And when it comes to mythic difficulty, the numbers are even worse. And I'm not talking out of my ass here, the numbers are as clear as it gets: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...-Rift-Wardrobe Just look at this link. More than 4 months (!!!) after the release of Highmaul and at a time where mythic BRF was already out, less than 10 percent of players have cleared the very first boss of mythic Highmaul. Less than frakking 10 percent. And less than 1 percent have cleared mythic. Less. Than. 1. Percent.

Obviously, when it came to BRF, the numbers are even lower, ranking between barely 1,5 percent and less then 0,1 percent for Blackhand.

Get this in your head, people: the average player sucks. And that's okay. But please, when you talk about difficulty being too easy, raids being cleared too fast, be realistic. For the average working guy who plays maybe one hour a day, or even two, normal raiding is already pretty frakking difficult. I highly doubt it will be different for EM. My normal "friends and family" raid managed to kill exactly 1 boss on normal the first raid night. My more hardcore alt-guild killed 3 bosses on HC and cleared normal on the first day. But these guys are not the average, the friends and family guild is.
    Last edited by Isadora; 2016-09-26 at 03:24 PM. Reason: typo

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Heroic is the old normal, it's supposed to be easy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    So exactly how it's supposed to be?:

Some people here have a very very bad memory.
    That was the design preview during beta. That's not how it turned out when tuning the fights though. Heroic lands somewhere between Normal and Heroic. Normal was tuned closer to the old Normal and not Flex so Blizzard nerfed finally at the end of WOD because they realized it was tuned much higher than the Flex mode it was intended to be.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

We are having massive difficulties due to our smaller raid size it seems that some bosses are not very well tuned for when you are 10_12 people or is it just that we are bad? The hp with 12 people on dragons of nightmare is 500 million while with 30 it is 1000 million :/

i agree with this

normal and heroic felt significantly easier than HFC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    You forgot the part where EN is tuned mostly for 825-830 ilvl. I bet most your group is 840+
    Pretty much this. The difference before is that raids were accessible from day one and now they were gated for 2 weeks giving people more than enough time to outgear the content.

They should have taken this into account and tuned up the content to compensate. They could leave Normal the way it is as it is designed for casuals who don't spend 5+ hours a day doing WQs and mythic dungeons to gear up, but they should have tuned up heroic to ilvl 840 gear players instead of 830ish or so.

The challenge will hopefully start when they open Mythic.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2016-09-26 at 07:45 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I honestly don't remember going in Mogushan Vaults or Highmaul in full epic gear.

That sure is a factor.

Overall I'd say it's close to HM HC. I would compare Hc Ko'rag with Xavius and Cenarius with Imp. We one shot H Xavius which was super disappointing after how difficult Hc Arch was on release. Didn't even feel different from normal honestly. Stand still, switch to horrors and soak if sleepy, if not just nuke any adds then nuke boss. Move if you get blades. DPS hard in last phase collect loot. Cenarius actually gave us some trouble until we figured out the right order, although that could be because we were trying to figure out why the fuck brambles kept switching halfway through its duration lol. DoN was piss easy, evil tree was easy, elerethe was easy, Nythendra surprisngly is probably third hardest boss in there imo. Maybe that's cause my guild has no idea how to loose spread, but the first boss difficulty is good, then it gets easier until Cenarius where it ramps up, then dies down on Xavius. I think a tuning/mechanic adjustment is definitely in meed, alfhouch I was helping a friends guild and they could barely handle Hc DoN, so maybe the average person is signifcantly worse...idk. It's a fun raid but too easy. Mythic fights look fun though, super excited for friday.

not sure what you are remembering about Highmaul, but the first couple bosses of mythic HM were easier than anything in heroic EN. My guild at the time couldn't even get 20 people so we 17 manned mythic Kargath and it took two attempts. The only boss in that instance that had any difficulty was Imperator.

EN was a pretty good first raid, looking forward to mythic and future legion raids ... btw your descriptions are way off (if you're trying to describe heroic, you gave descriptions for normal). Normal EN was ridiculously easy, but heroic was pretty fun.

Is cross realm mythic raiding enable next week, seeing how pugs already clear EM HC in this week?

Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    What i would really hate is if the first boss turns out to be a joke on mythic, resulting again in heaps of 1-boss killing people feeling better because "they did mythic 1/7"
    You'd hate it if heaps of people feel better. That doesn't seem very nice at all.

Deleted
    HC HM was the same idd say, although emerald is more fun.

Xavius is an odd fellow tho. With 11-15 people he is insanely easy, and with 20 or plus he gets much more troublesome.

I cant wait for Mythic to show us the new Brackenspore!

Tell that to my raid which got Nythendra 3 times to enrage. I was between 300k and 270k dps in 5 to 8,20 min fights, while rank 2 was around 175k #feelsbad. (840+gs.....)

Quote Originally Posted by fizrok View Post
    We cleared normal + first two hc bosses on wednesday in 3 hours of raid time (which was to be expected, since normal is a joke anywaory of this game have I been able to clear an entire raid on its release week on HC, or in this case, in more a less a single day of raiding.
    HM was easier but they are very similar.

Naxxramas 80 is definitely the easiest raid. To be tuned the same as Naxxramas 60 someone mathed out it'd need triple the HP and nearly triple the damage.

Deleted
    You would think that, yet my "semi-hardcore mythic raiding guild" has been wiping at the 1st bosses. only downed nythendra and the dragons, both after hours of wipes. *sigh*

I casualy pugged 7/7N and 3/7HC in 1st week.
    I did almost the same in 1st week of Highmaul so i don't think it is easiest raid.

Deleted
    At the end of the first reset of hc Highmaul, 753 guilds had killed Imperator. So far, 1400+ guilds have killed heroic Xavius, and we still have one day left this reset.

It's hard to say whether it is due to more easily accessible gear or undertuning, but the numbers don't lie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait for next week's threads. "My guild broke apart over Nythendra wipes" - "WTF!? Mythic way too hard compared to HC!!1"