Deleted

Mythic+ Court of Stars

This was the only instance we did not manage to get +2 on the first try. Think we had like 8 minutes left.

The reason is pretty simple : pull strategy. We filled the 100% just after the first boss already. We found the spy in less than 30 seconds.

The timer is comparatively short measured compared to other instances.

But honestly leading to the Gerdo room there is not too much you can just skip from my view and in the Gerdo room we did just 1 pack next to a beacon plus rogue could poison his potion.

Is the key to finishing faster here to pull Gerdo with the beacon active to the right so you can skip that mob pack as well?
    Should the 2nd boss be pulled with bodyguards to avoid clearing too much on the sides?

Edit: Also concerning Arcway the 100% filled up by doing just 2 bosses but it did not seem like there was much we could have skipped at all. We still had 12 minutes left on Arcway 3 despite killing trash worth 200% instead of 100%.
    Is it expected to bring Invisibilty potions to Arcway to skip a lot of trash?
    Also the doors were closed in a way that required us to make a full run back after 2 bosses.
    Last edited by mmocefe5057e27; 2016-09-23 at 02:49 PM.

If you're at 100% at Gerdo, you are pulling WAY too much trash. Big tip, you don't need all the beacons dead.

- Guard after boat.
    - Construct
    - Mana Wyrms
    - Mana Wyrms w/ Guard
    - Bridge Pat
    - End of Bridge Pat
    - Gerdo

The above list is all that we pull, I don't know why you would pull more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squishei View Post
    If you're at 100% at Gerdo, you are pulling WAY too much trash. Big tip, you don't need all the beacons dead.

- Guard after boat.
    - Construct
    - Mana Wyrms
    - Mana Wyrms w/ Guard
    - Bridge Pat
    - End of Bridge Pat
    - Gerdo

The above list is all that we pull, I don't know why you would pull more.
    If you leave up Pylons the boss will spawn adds from that Pylon which will aggro everything you left standing there.

We did not really kill much more than what you said

- guard after boat
    - construct spy and manawyrms
    - spy in the door left of the bridge
    - bridge pat with spy, construct, guard
    - pack at the end of the bridge
    - pack next to the pylon left of the bridge while rogue turned of the last 2 beacons

- killed gerdo
    - kill pack infront of the door
    - kill imp back after descending the stairs

at this point we were at 87% or so already

Got 22m with +3, I think the key to these really is just stacking aoe viable dps until you can carry other classes. We had DH, DK and BM hunter. Was rare for anyone's aoe to be less than 300k dps. Seems like boss fights at 2/3 take around 2 minutes each. So roughly 20% of the instance is time spent on bosses, the rest is pumping aoe as much as possible. If you don't have aoe you are hurting your group more than helping, even if you have stellar boss dps.

Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    If you leave up Pylons the boss will spawn adds from that Pylon which will aggro everything you left standing there.

We did not really kill much more than what you said

- guard after boat
    - construct spy and manawyrms
    - spy in the door left of the bridge
    - bridge pat with spy, construct, guard
    - pack at the end of the bridge
    - pack next to the pylon left of the bridge while rogue turned of the last 2 beacons

- killed gerdo
    - kill pack infront of the door
    - kill imp back after descending the stairs

at this point we were at 87% or so already
    In my many runs of the dungeon both on beta and live, the adds spawned have never pulled extra trash even though they walk directly through the trash.

We've also left the beacons up and the adds that spawn have never pulled the trash by them.

Deleted
    Court of Stars is the hardest instance, since you have to roleplay your way to the last boss. We didn't make +3 by 10 seconds, because we couldn't find the mob without gloves, cape and a book on belt. Feelsbadman.

The timer on CoS is ridiculously unforgiving in general. 30 minutes is way too short for all the RP you have to deal with. Even if your entire team is on voice comms you still will lose at least 5 minutes playing Clue.

30 minutes is more than enough time to get through Court of Stars. However, I would probably say getting +3 in Court of Stars is probably the hardest dungeon though because you can't skip a lot of trash and there's not many places to gain time.

The "Clue" section is going to be optimized by a DH or Paladin on high level runs. There's no way around that, along with the other RNG profession/race crap throughout the instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Arensky View Post
    Court of Stars is the hardest instance, since you have to roleplay your way to the last boss. We didn't make +3 by 10 seconds, because we couldn't find the mob without gloves, cape and a book on belt. Feelsbadman.
    Bring a Pal Prot, their Artifact glows when near a disguised Demon. Yes, this segment is a joke for parties with PalProt.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my many runs of the dungeon both on beta and live, the adds spawned have never pulled extra trash even though they walk directly through the trash.
    This, you can ignore the pillars and just AoE the 4-5 adds that are summoned during the boss run. We totally failed this dungeon on Mythic 3, but the main reason for that was that we were only in here twice before and had like no idea what we can safely pull and what route to take. And if you don't know that, Court of Stars is probably the hardest Mythic, because you can so easily pull an additional pack and loose time because you kill unnecessary stuff or miss out on the buffs at the second boss.

I did it on +4 with Teeming (more trash) yesterday (pug), and it is a really nasty dungeon.
    Some trash packs and especially the second boss do insane damage.

And even if we had no wipes the timer is really tight (lol@ spy event on the timer).
    Didn't blizzard say those timers where not comparable with challange mode timers? They are exactly the same, you cannot really be pulling carefully or having more than one wipe. It's definitely on par with at least a silver timer if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    I did it on +4 with Teeming (more trash) yesterday (pug), and it is a really nasty dungeon.
    Some trash packs and especially the second boss do insane damage.

And even if we had no wipes the timer is really tight (lol@ spy event on the timer).
    Didn't blizzard say those timers where not comparable with challange mode timers? They are exactly the same, you cannot really be pulling carefully or having more than one wipe. It's definitely on par with at least a silver timer if you ask me.

The completion timer (which is just getting +1 and not depleting your keystone) is not tight at all. Getting +2-3 is. They never said +3 wasn't going to be tight. Just completing them for your rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Bring a Pal Prot, their Artifact glows when near a disguised Demon. Yes, this segment is a joke for parties with PalProt.
    And yet, it's even quicker with a DH. Don't even need to read the clues. We clear this section in 30 seconds.

Does the black temple sense demon helmet or the detect demon potion work for the hidden demon dude?

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    The timer on CoS is ridiculously unforgiving in general. 30 minutes is way too short for all the RP you have to deal with. Even if your entire team is on voice comms you still will lose at least 5 minutes playing Clue.
    Funny thing happened to us yesterday on Court +4 we lost the time by 40 secs, what pissed me off is that the stupid boat at the start of the instance wastes an entire minute.

They just pulled those adds standing next to pylons on our run 1h ago. Normal mythic though.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Does the black temple sense demon helmet or the detect demon potion work for the hidden demon dude?
    As far as people have found it's just DH and Prot Paladin right now.