Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Ilgynoth with 10-man Group

Anyone done him with the minimum raid size?

We struggled pretty hard and it seems we need to perfect the strategy to kill him. Heard from friends that they simply facerolled the boss with 30 man groups but this is clearly not possible from my experience with 10 man.
    We got him to 40% in the first heart phase but get overwhelmed in the 2nd phase, healer mana runs low and the sheer amount of adds gets overwhelming to deal with along with the debuffs.

I heard that bigger groups designate a group to deal with the tentacles that spawn far away in the corners, in a 10 man group with 5 or 6 dds obviously you can't dedicate so many people. We are melee heavy so running between tentacles is inefficient by itself already.

I would really appreciate sharing experiences how to solve this encounter efficiently in a small group.

Some things I noted is that

a) The amount of adds that spawn at 10 man is the same
    b) going from 11 to 10 players reduced the hp of the nightmare horror by just 5%. At 12 players the Nightmare horror had I think 22.6mil hp, at 10 players it was 20.6mil.
    c) The amount of corruptors is the same so when you are just 10 you have a lot higher % of your group constantly affected by debuffs
    d) The amount of blobs is the same as with 30 man so this means a higher percentage of your group is constantly affected by fixate

I am sorry but I feel like Blizzard completely failed the balancing on this boss regarding raid sizes.
    Last edited by mmocefe5057e27; 2016-09-23 at 03:52 PM.

Tried it with 15 people last night. Got overwhelmed very quickly coming out of the tree for the first time. It might juts be a case of "get better gear" though. When you say "a) The amount of adds that spawn at 10 man is the same", the same as what? 12 people? It should change with that small of a difference.
    There's someone in my head, but it's not me - Pink Floyd

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roninwookie View Post
    Tried it with 15 people last night. Got overwhelmed very quickly coming out of the tree for the first time. It might juts be a case of "get better gear" though. When you say "a) The amount of adds that spawn at 10 man is the same", the same as what? 12 people? It should change with that small of a difference.
    From what I can tell the number of adds is fixed regardless of 30 or 10 man.

The blob amount is definitely fixed.

The only thing that is different seems to be hp-scaling. Apparently 5% per player which is a joke considering when you drop from 11 to 10 you lose 17% of your dps in exchange for just 5% reduced boss hp and add hp.

Also with 10 man in the heart phase there will be just as many explosions on the raid as you see with 30 man.

The same btw for the roc/spider boss. With 12 man we got 8 or 9 feathers I think, from what I know you dont get more with a bigger raid really.
    Last edited by mmocefe5057e27; 2016-09-23 at 04:21 PM.

we killed it on normal with 10 man, like all otherbosses (unless xavius that we are progressing on it).

we have to go 2nd time inside even with bloodlust so we are saving it for the outside when all the shi't its out.
    10 man is harder, but doable for sure. dps shamnas helped with some healings in hardcore moments, i mean. everybody should use their utility right?

keep it up, you can do it as 10.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    we killed it on normal with 10 man, like all otherbosses (unless xavius that we are progressing on it).

we have to go 2nd time inside even with bloodlust so we are saving it for the outside when all the shi't its out.
    10 man is harder, but doable for sure. dps shamnas helped with some healings in hardcore moments, i mean. everybody should use their utility right?

keep it up, you can do it as 10.
    What was your priority order?

When did you kill blobs?

How many ranged dds did you have? 2 healers or 3?

Did you sent specific players for the far away spawns? eg 3 corruptors in the right corner in phase 2.

Don't burn your CDs in the first heart phase; the second phase lasts longer so you have more time there. This goes into the second add phase, you have more time to clean them up if you pop the eye. That said, it's all add management; kill the spewing tentacles priority with ranged. Melee priority are the big tentacles, the interruptable tentacles (same with ranged if there are no spewing ones), then the big add. You will need to decide when it is a good time to clear the slimes as you will get overwhelmed killing the adds otherwise. Hold off on popping the eye as best you can until all the adds (including slimes) are dead.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post

When did you kill blobs?

Did you sent specific players for the far away spawns? eg 3 corruptors in the right corner in phase 2.
    So my guild did this as 10 the other night and to answer your questions.

Corrupters>deathglares>horror>globules was our priority.

We ran 3 healers but one was a disc priest which we've found to be phenomenal with our limited size for helping keep damage up while taking pressure off the other healers. Seriously the guy is a champ swapping between shadow and disc as the fights demanded. Counting the disc priest the dps was split evenly with 3 melee 3 ranged, 2 ranged not counting the priest.

We didn't really split up that much, everyone focused one thing down at a time then we gathered blobs up and blasted them while there were no other threats to deal with.

One thing that overwhelmed us the first couple of tries and that was super super influential in getting the kill was this:

You can dodge the corruptor tentacle debuff. They target a player when they start casting, and if that player moves the hell out after the projectile is shot, they won't get the debuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    So, coming out of the heart phase for the 1st time is the hardest part of the fight. Here is what happens.

You get 2 tank adds.
    Shortly after you get 2 Deathglare Tentacles.
    Shortly after you get 3 Corrupter Tentacles really far away on the far right side of the room. So this is how you deal with it.

1. Don't use DPS cooldowns, pots or BL on the heart, the 2nd time you're inside you have 90seconds, it's more than enough time to finish off the heart.
    2. When you come outside of the heart on the first phase, you're going to pick 1 tank add, BL, pot, all cooldowns and nuke the living shit out of it.
    3. As soon as the Deathglare Tentacles spawn, you're going to switch to them.

At this point, not a single player, other than the tank assigned to it should be anywhere near the 2nd Destructor Tentacle. What your tank is going to do, is every time it casts Nightmarish Fury, walk out of it's range. It will channel on to nothing, and your tank won't take damage.

You now have a bunch if Ichors left, with 1 Destructor Tentacle relatively low in HP.

You're going to aoe all the current Ichors into the Eye. From here it's judgement based, ideally you can quickly finish off the Destructor Tentacle and then nuke the Corrupters and put everything in to the eye again. It's possible you may have to ignore the Destructor tentacle for longer, kill the Corrupters and then finish off the tentacle. From there on the fight is trivial.

10+ Year Old Account

When did you kill blobs?

Haven't actually beaten it yet, but after 3 attempts we got close. We die mostly to stupid mistakes. We prioritize oozes as they spawn, then we have a rogue and the off tank running to any tentacles that spawn to interrupt them, while main tank handles horror, and since we have good sprints, switching isn't hard.

When did you kill blobs?

2 healers, 6 dps, 4 melee, 2 ranges.

the order was first the one that cast mindflay, then the dominator (the room was very full of blood but we manage to dont stand on it).
    We didnt put specific players doing things, just everyone on their priority,

btw, im writting all of this but i have it streamed on twitch. let me search it for you. brb

Did it with 11, wiped once and then got it a bit sloppily.

Normal is a waste of time really, any boss on normal but Ilgy is one of those fights where more people make it much easier.

I just sent my range to kill the second Corrupter Tentacles that spawn far away while trying not to DPS the blobs.

Our biggest problem as a melee heavy group seemed to be clearing the blobs with so much shit on the ground from corruptor/blobs under the eye.

Not very smart move from blizzard o.o

https://www.twitch.tv/shonist/v/90676830

00:17:15 we are abuot to pull. hope it helps, we speak spanish so i recommend you to mute sound. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Done 10-man Tanks: BDK, BRM Heals: MW,RSham DPS: SP, Destro, Fury, Outlaw, BM, FMage.

Priority: Corruptors>>>>>Interrupt Eye Casting(bar almost full or channel)>Blobs near Tree>Eye or Blobs>>Can we kill horror now?

1 We popped BL first time inside,didnt know we had more time for the second round inside. we piled onto the corruptors that spawned on the edges, they didnt even get to cast once.

2 We tanked the horror close to the entrance to pile on his corruption away from the raid, we swapped every 2 beams and the tank that was off duty would join the party to kill the rest of the adds, everytime we killed the Destructors we would gather at the tree and Gorefiend>AoE Stun twice the blobs.

3 Blobs are vulnerable to stuns,slows and knockbacks and you can dispel their AA debuff so you shouldn't NEED to focus them ASAP, we did wipe couple of times the night before because we were not properly focusing the corruptors, once we started to do that, fight went pretty smooth.

Your meele heavy team shouldn't have too much problems dispatching the corruptor trio if they save their mobility spells to reach them, we could help more if you could tell us more about the group.

First 6 bosses were relatively easy once we understood the fights and should get killed in the first day for our second week, now Xavius on the other hand, it really does feel like we are racing against time in the first phase, tanks and healers are getting too much corruption and it feels like we are missing DPS (we are stacking the add on top of Xav, but only facing the dreamer tank), we attempted Nythendra HC and we feel that we can kill her and couple of other bosses HC before 10N Xavius. Our best shot with him after 10 wipes was at 55% percent, we got Nyth to 50% after 4mins in 2nd try, we wiped that time because we were getting used to our new HC strat.

We struggled a lot with our similarly small raid size. The oozes that spawn + the damage they do to the eye should scale with raid size. It's really stupid that it doesn't. It is pretty easy to have the entire raid fixated, which is not the intended design.

We struggled at the same spot, right around when the first wave of Corruptors spawn in the second Phase 1. The way we handled it was:

1. Kill one Dominator when you leave heart room
    2. Kill the two Mind Flay tenticles as soon as they pop up. If you have a DK you can pull the oozes in from the dead Dominator and cleave the tenticles with them.
    3. When all 8 oozes die from those three, as a raid, move to the corruptors, kill them and immediately jump back to the final dominator to kill it. Blow up the 7 oozes.
    4. Once the Horror spawns it is pretty much smooth sailing, just make sure to kill him AFTER you kill the other 5-or-so tenticles that spawn after him and their oozes.

Normal didn't matter but on heroic we had to save lust/heroism. We used lust when the corruptors spawns on far right so that we can clean up everything and lessen the amount of debuffs that go out. That is really the only time you'll get overrun during the fight.

First heart phase is easier than 2nd. So try to hold healing CD's for second one if they don't come back up.

didnt do 10 but i did 3-9-12 had countless of wipes, what people seems to have the post problems with is the tentacles
    Progressed from eye to xavius with a pug group, know some people might find the fights easy since i seen people already on heroic but this is the first expansion i raid so have to progress through pugs

Heroic was hardest boss of the 5 we did.

Deleted
    Have to agree it does seem to favor large grps, but normally the first phase of adds are fine, it's the 2nd phase that are very annoying, but we just left our 2 tanks outside with our holy pally to tank the big add which nobody touched, everybody else just ran in the finished off the boss.

We did this tonight (first raid for this guild this expansion), and got stopped on this boss, never getting the tree to open a second time. DPS didn't seem able to keep up with the spawn rates + interrupts + getting the horror down in a suitable fashion, and things simply became unmanageable. This was with a 14 player group.

We'll see how it goes next week.