Deleted

Cenarius - Bramble Vines

Is there any way to display who is being targeted by this?

It doesnt leave a not in the combat log, no announcement, no debuff. We kinda have to figure out who is being targeted by running away from it all at once, which is a pretty bad thing for coordination.

Unfortunately, running is the only way to determine who brambles is on right now, as far as we can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Squishei View Post
    Unfortunately, running is the only way to determine who brambles is on right now, as far as we can tell.
    There is a /say emote chat that goes out when someone is targeted by it right after he says his "Sacred vines, entangle the corrupted!" or something like that.

At least I could clearly see the /say chat and who it announced was targeted by it.

Not sure if it was dmb inserting this or what.

Quote Originally Posted by Yurimeta View Post
    There is a /say emote chat that goes out when someone is targeted by it right after he says his "Sacred vines, entangle the corrupted!" or something like that.

At least I could clearly see the /say chat and who it announced was targeted by it.

Not sure if it was dmb inserting this or what.
    Your character DOES say it's being chased... but then most of the time I'd watch the Bramble patch chase another person immediately so it doesn't even seem accurate in any way. Pretty frustrating.

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, this is one of the most retarded boss abilites I've seen in a long time.

If this fight wasn't so focused on being stacked a lot of the time, then I would understand it. But when we all have to stay together a lot of the time due to ancients and drakes to avoid breaths easier, then having this ability is just nonsense.

It really needs to be a debuff, and if they feel it would make it too easy, then make it follow three or four players at the same time.

Boss mods do give a warning in /s over players head when he's supposed to be chased, but so far 9/10 that information is wrong and other player is being chased instead.
    My twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/durbem I stream my guild's mythic raids, but I'm also streaming other games from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Durbi View Post
    Honestly, this is one of the most retarded boss abilites I've seen in a long time.

If this fight wasn't so focused on being stacked a lot of the time, then I would understand it. But when we all have to stay together a lot of the time due to ancients and drakes to avoid breaths easier, then having this ability is just nonsense.

It really needs to be a debuff, and if they feel it would make it too easy, then make it follow three or four players at the same time.

Boss mods do give a warning in /s over players head when he's supposed to be chased, but so far 9/10 that information is wrong and other player is being chased instead.
    There is very little reason to be actually stacked in this fight. Have your melee spread around the ancient and soak the stacks, and for the breaths it's better to have the raid spread around the Drake so not everyone has a risk of being hit by his breath. Not to mention when the sisters are out you need to be spread.

As for the brambles, from what I saw it seems to switch targets whenever it roots somebody. It's an incredibly difficult mechanic to deal with especially when you have 28 people in the raid. I wish it put a debuff on the person targetted, but for now it seems you just have to look out for it and avoid it. Luckily getting caught in it for a moment doesn't seem to hurt too bad, but it's going to be a pain in Mythic, that's for sure.
    Ixila of Forgotten Aspects - US Hyjal 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel
    My YouTube kill vids!
    Ixila - Holy Paladin - Armory | Ixtide - Resto Shaman - Armory

there is no way to track who the fixate is on, the say announce you may see from bossmods is only for the initial spawn, not for the actual fixate.
    You have to test it by running a different direction than others are.