Deleted

How does bough of corruption work? (trinket from xavius)

http://www.wowhead.com/item=139336/b...=1807#comments

Can someone explain to me how this one works? like anyone tested?

Feels like there's like a 1-2min internal cooldown ebtween when ti can apply to a target..

I only got to try it on like transmog bosses, no real raid boss yet but like.. is it good for single target or aoe?

It says that the corruption spreads to nearby enemis but how does it spread? does it spread in terms of 2 stacks on 2 mobs = 1 stack each, or do the mobs gain stack depending on when they get it? example mob 1 got 30stacks, mob 2 goes in and now that one starts from 1 stack.

What is the max stack?

If this one gets a lot of stacks, does that mean that for example dots on a character does dot damage + trinket bonus damage? like a dot with 50k does 50k+90k ?

Thanks.

I'm pretty sure it's a RPPM trinket as I've had pulls where it proc'd back to back and other pulls where it didn't proc at all. When it procs it starts off as a debuff on the target with a 20 second duration and 0 stacks.

Every 2 seconds or so it will either gain 1 stack or spread to 1 target.

When it spreads it keeps it's current duration. So if it spreads with 10 seconds remaining the target that it spread to will also only have it for 10 seconds remaining.

The added damage you gain from the proc only procs off of direct damage spells. So for example spells like Mind flay or Vampiric touch will NOT proc the extra damage but spells like Mind blast or Shadow word: Pain DO proc the extra damage because they have that direct damage right away. Dot ticks do NOT count.

If you cast a MB at a target with a debuff currently adding 20k damage you'll end up with 150k MB damage + 20k Proc damage.

Hope that helps
    Last edited by Poltr; 2016-09-23 at 09:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Poltr View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's a RPPM trinket as I've had pulls where it proc'd back to back and other pulls where it didn't proc at all. When it procs it starts off as a debuff on the target with a 20 second duration and 0 stacks.

When it spreads it keeps it's current duration. So if it spreads with 10 seconds remaining the target that it spread to will also only have it for 10 seconds remaining.

The added damage you gain from the proc only procs off of direct damage spells. So for example spells like Mind flay or Vampiric touch will NOT proc the extra damage but spells like Mind blast or Shadow word: Pain DO proc the extra damage because they have that direct damage right away. Dot ticks do NOT count.

If you cast a MB at a target with a debuff currently adding 20k damage you'll end up with 150k MB damage + 20k Proc damage.

Hope that helps
    I see thanks.

So my moonfire and sunfire will not deal extra damage, but with them up I can still keep the proc up (hopefully).

But this means that while they wont deal extra damage, every other skill I will cast like starsurge, lunarstrike etc will deal its damage + the debuff stack dmg!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Poltr View Post

Hope that helps
    I wanted to say "no comment" but actually im gonna comment this bullshit. Dude have tested it at all? I dont think so, since you have no clue about this trinket.
    1. FIRST of ALL its damage WORKS with DoTs and classes with dots actually use the full potential this trinket can offer. You wanna ask why? keep reading...
    2. Its damage procs only once with each tick gained. this means that if you didnt dot your target and didnt cast a spell on it for more then 2 seconds you lose a tick.
    3. its damage procs from all spells.

Ill try to explain in a different way. When this trinket procs and it has 1 stack and you damage the target with any spell, dot or direct damage, it deals 6k after that it wont do any damage until the debuff gains 1 more stack. So you are at 2 stacks and your next damaging dot or any spell will trigger the next amount of damage. And so on.

This trinket does not work like Prophecy of fear from Mannoroth so dont make confusion please.

EDIT: the triggered damage can also crit* forgot this