Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The advantage of melee classes is not cc, the advantage is a higher damage ouput in 3s, because range dps is mostly focus to avoid enemy cc and get interrupted. So every class has it own pro and cons. For you mean this high damage output low mobility, low cc. A mage for example do the half of your damage but has the ability to cc and got high mobility. If your logic would be real every class beside DK, Pala, rogue would be crap...or w8 pala got a lot of support and self healing and rogue has high mobility...we should nerv this and we all should play dk. Thats truly skilled and funny!!. Bro you get the point?

Nope. You just sound biased as all hell and you posts don't really make sense to me. =p Obviously there will be more adjustments than just 'nerf healers -> let rogues stun you for 8s with 20s cd anyway'. I'm just saying, adjustments have to start somewhere. And that 'somewhere' may as well be the thing that ruins every other bracket besides 3v3, much like tanks were nerfed shortly after they begun doing it with vengeance.

Deleted
    Lol 5% int buff -} immortal healers so stronk

Quote Originally Posted by Cztk View Post
    Lol 5% int buff -} immortal healers so stronk
    And 10% damage nerf. And yes, it's all about reaching that tipping point where you either can or cannot outburst the heals.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    Nope. You just sound biased as all hell and you posts don't really make sense to me. =p Obviously there will be more adjustments than just 'nerf healers -> let rogues stun you for 8s with 20s cd anyway'. I'm just saying, adjustments have to start somewhere. And that 'somewhere' may as well be the thing that ruins every other bracket besides 3v3, much like tanks were nerfed shortly after they begun doing it with vengeance.
    Talk about 'sounding biased as all hell'.

I'm not sure why healers like being immortal.
    When I played a healer in WOD I was bored out of my mind if I was against other healers because no one would die and games wouldn't end, bgs were 15 minutes stalemates in the middle 24/7 and it just dragged on and on.

How can you find that fun? Just standing there spamming heals for 15 minutes, not able to contribute to killing because half the healers had no dps/actual CC to assist on killing so they just sat max distance spamming cures for 15 minutes while no one died. How is that fun?

Please explain to me, how you find it fun when no one dies, and you can't contribute to assisting on kills because healing is too strong for your minor DPS to have any effect on assisting of kills.

I don't understand it. The most fun I had on healer was when my DPS contribution and CC mattered(vanilla) because healers weren't healing people and making them immortal, they were just helping them live a bit longer but not through any amount of damage easily with bottomless Mana pools.

The other situation I had fun as a healer was SWTOR at release because any DPS could solo me, but if I was better than them I could kite them and not die. However, while kiting, my team healing was reduced to 0%(Literally) and I could not help teammates at all, but good peels would help. Damage was also high enough and I had enough CC that my CC contribution as a sage mattered, and my skill at staying alive mattered as other healers would just flop over. Games weren't 15 minutes stalemates and people didn't just crossheal and keep everyone alive for 15 minutes, it was enjoyable and people died.
    Any situation or game expac or game where healers are immortal games, healing and PvP is not fun for me.

PEOPLE NEED TO DIE IN PVP. HEALERS SHOULD NOT MAKE EVERYONE INCLUDING THEMSELVES IMMORTAL. PVP IS BORING FOR EVERYONE INVOLVED WHEN PEOPLE DO NOT DIE IN ~15-30 SECONDS TO A SOLO PLAYER AND ~5-10 SECONDS UNDER FOCUS FIRE.
    Last edited by ShiyoKozuki; 2016-09-26 at 07:24 PM.

Deleted
    There's nothing wrong with requiring multiple people to bring down a healer. I think that's fine. For the most part I think they are in a decent place. My issue is that a healer vs DPS can heal himself indefinitely. You can train a druid for 30 minutes in arenas as arms or retri without him going below 90% hp and still having full mana.

Give healers mana again. Their mana pools should be like 1/10th of what they are now, or significantly reduce their mana regen. They should be strong, but should go down eventually when they run out of resources. This shit is worse than WotLK and that's when they introduced the time limit because it was so absurd in 2s.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    I'm not sure why healers like being immortal.
    When I played a healer in WOD I was bored out of my mind if I was against other healers because no one would die and games wouldn't end, bgs were 15 minutes stalemates in the middle 24/7 and it just dragged on and on.

How can you find that fun? Just standing there spamming heals for 15 minutes, not able to contribute to killing because half the healers had no dps/actual CC to assist on killing so they just sat max distance spamming cures for 15 minutes while no one died. How is that fun?

Please explain to me, how you find it fun when no one dies, and you can't contribute to assisting on kills because healing is too strong for your minor DPS to have any effect on assisting of kills.

I don't understand it. The most fun I had on healer was when my DPS contribution and CC mattered(vanilla) because healers weren't healing people and making them immortal, they were just helping them live a bit longer but not through any amount of damage easily with bottomless Mana pools.

The other situation I had fun as a healer was SWTOR at release because any DPS could solo me, but if I was better than them I could kite them and not die. However, while kiting, my team healing was reduced to 0%(Literally) and I could not help teammates at all, but good peels would help. Damage was also high enough and I had enough CC that my CC contribution as a sage mattered, and my skill at staying alive mattered as other healers would just flop over. Games weren't 15 minutes stalemates and people didn't just crossheal and keep everyone alive for 15 minutes, it was enjoyable and people died.
    Any situation or game expac or game where healers are immortal games, healing and PvP is not fun for me.

PEOPLE NEED TO DIE IN PVP. HEALERS SHOULD NOT MAKE EVERYONE INCLUDING THEMSELVES IMMORTAL. PVP IS BORING FOR EVERYONE INVOLVED WHEN PEOPLE DO NOT DIE IN ~15-30 SECONDS TO A SOLO PLAYER AND ~5-10 SECONDS UNDER FOCUS FIRE.
    Once again do you make up things that people say they want to be freaking immortal. No one say healers should be immortal except you and the others that is against healers, pls stop making things up.

If you want to die withing seconds and just have DPS, go and play Counter-Strike, it would be your type of game.

Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    I don't even know where you are getting all this from.. the average arena game doesn't even last that long; and it usually ends with insane burst that is unhealable, or the healer going oom. If healers were truly immortal gods the arena games would go on indefinitely
    That's why balance right now is great.

That's why balance right now is great.

personally I would like some counter play before I had options now I just die to cc rotations

@today i reached my longest arena game so fare. 8min and i was OOM after healing that 70 Million damage. Today I also reached my shortest arena game. My rogue died from 80% to 0% in 2 seconds by a ret and a outlaw rogue while I was stunned. Sometimes I think ppl play just another game :P

Quote Originally Posted by Elisha View Post
    @today i reached my longest arena game so fare. 8min and i was OOM after healing that 70 Million damage. Today I also reached my shortest arena game. My rogue died from 80% to 0% in 2 seconds by a ret and a outlaw rogue while I was stunned. Sometimes I think ppl play just another game :P
    Yeh Rets do that, you must trinket Ret's stun or pop shield wall if they are on you, they are doing crazy damage with their special ability J.V. on stunned targets + their artifact traits which gives them 2nd instant J.V. Just as an example my ret in 830 ilvl gear hits 1.2mil per J.V. in wpvp.

Back to the topic, yest i was facing teams in 3s 2-2.1k mmr honestly games do not last above 5 mins >.< either my team won going healers or soft classes like lock/shadows/hunter or other team won by training our healer.

I think the issue (other than dmg being too high) is that a lot of healers panic and pop their D-cds too fast, without trying to kite, a random rshammy i picked up in LFG just stood on open vs dh/frost dk without even trying to kite... so yes the dmg is too high but also i feel like most of healers do not react properly to this melee pain train

P.S. my fastest game was 3 seconds for 1st kill, i popped feral out of stealth (he over reached and LOSed his healer) he died in 3 seconds.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    A solo DPS shouldn't be able to take down a healer..
    What a stupid sentiment. A DPS should ALWAYS be able to take down a healer eventually. A tank should not be able to take down a healer.

Five minute arenas are 4 minutes too long.
    Arena matches should never last more than a minute long.

If you're playing double dps vs double dps, sure. If you're playing healer dps vs healer dps, it should definitely last longer than a minute in a 'standard' game where one team doesn't colossally fuck up.

3v3 should definitely be longer than a minute too, if they're evenly matched (and not 800 rating). It's called not being absolutely dogshit at the game.

I wonder how long youll go with absolutely no one agreeing with what you say and constantly debunking your arguments before you give up this tired little mantra?

Instagib PvP is cancer and HIV all rolled into one. No one wants to die without even being able to play or excercise counterplay. Thats boring as shit.

What a stuipd statement

I think the issue (other than dmg being too high) is that a lot of healers panic and pop their D-cds too fast, without trying to kite, a random rshammy i picked up in LFG just stood on open vs dh/frost dk without even trying to kite... so yes the dmg is too high but also i feel like most of healers do not react properly to this melee pain train
    Not every healer has roll, sprint, port But I would agree that most healers play with the right feeling for the damage, which the class can do. For me in most cases a single CD doesn't keep me up. Mostly I need to use a bigger and a smaller one (depending on enemy class). But in most cases I don't die. If I get trained too much I cry for peels. For me as Disc I'm feeling fine till now (1900 mmr). But now rating begins where ppl knows what there buttons do. I'll see how I can handle this.
    Last edited by Elisha; 2016-09-27 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    I wonder how long youll go with absolutely no one agreeing with what you say and constantly debunking your arguments before you give up this tired little mantra?

Instagib PvP is cancer and HIV all rolled into one. No one wants to die without even being able to play or excercise counterplay. Thats boring as shit.
    No, that's boring as shit is having to wait for an entire new round of cooldowns to kill anyone. That's what arena matches over 1 minute are.
    What's also boring is PVE rotationing someone for 5 minutes straight until the healer goes oom.
    Fun is fast quick matches that are decided on twitch reflexes, counter play and proper cooldown usage.

If a match ever lasts long enough for your set of cooldowns to refresh mid match, then the match is far too long and healers are overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    Yeh Rets do that, you must trinket Ret's stun or pop shield wall if they are on you, they are doing crazy damage with their special ability J.V. on stunned targets + their artifact traits which gives them 2nd instant J.V. Just as an example my ret in 830 ilvl gear hits 1.2mil per J.V. in wpvp.

Back to the topic, yest i was facing teams in 3s 2-2.1k mmr honestly games do not last above 5 mins >.< either my team won going healers or soft classes like lock/shadows/hunter or other team won by training our healer.

P.S. my fastest game was 3 seconds for 1st kill, i popped feral out of stealth (he over reached and LOSed his healer) he died in 3 seconds.

People, stop bringing numbers from World PvP into this kind of discussion. They are completely irrelevant in instanced PvP.

Deleted
    It went from arena to battlegrounds??? what is wrong with people.