Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    Sure is fair to put heroic raidbosses into 'lfr of pvp.'

"Ok save your interrupts and stuns for phase 2 when pain suppression is down"

Ugh. Healing in WoW PvP is dumb. I do hope they tone it down soon.
    Translation: "I'm bad and you need to nerf people who make me feel bad."

Quote Originally Posted by LanokirX View Post
    So only DPS should have fun?

I see a flaw in your argument.
    Sorry but your whole rant is not only flawed but stupid. Healers shouldn't be immortal in pvp, there's a reason why a good dps can still die 1 vs 1 and you honestly think a good healer should live 1 vs 1 a good dps? you honestly think that happens in pve as well that a healer can just straight up face tank a silver/gold mob with little trouble?.

Thats not only stupid but it shows your little understanding of how long healers have been gods in pvp since mop, you think a dps class that can 1 vs 3 is op meanwhile a healer can easily outheal 2 dps or more who arent in skype/ts to coordinate stuns/interupts is perfectly fine?, that's some complete bias **** if I ever saw it.

If your sole reason to make healers "godly" in pvp is to get more people to play them, I'm perfectly fine having a pvp match with 0 healers so all those healers can ether stick to pve dragon farming or tough it out like the rest of us, or if you really want to feel useless, go role a tank in pvp and see how that goes in bgs/arenas.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why is everyone claiming to feel the effect of these changes when they don't go live till 09/27/16 Are you guys all from the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Weezdajuice View Post
    Why is everyone claiming to feel the effect of these changes when they don't go live till 09/27/16 Are you guys all from the future?
    Thread over, everybody go home.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    Just faced a team with elem shaman) in the dwarf version of WSG.
    Each of them packed like rats healing each other while camping mid / GY.
    The moment someone on this forum complains about elemental shaman healing a lot and camping them at the graveyard. Are you guys for real or is this some really advanced satire I don't quite understand. Because the only response to this I could possibly come up with is "Git gud".

Because some of these people are terrible enough to be graveyard camped by elemental shamans. That's why. There's no other reason for this thread to exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexme View Post
    Sorry but your whole rant is not only flawed but stupid. 1) Healers shouldn't be immortal in pvp, 2) there's a reason why a good dps can still die 1 vs 1 and 3) you honestly think a good healer should live 1 vs 1 a good dps? you honestly think that happens in 4) pve as well that a healer can just straight up face tank a silver/gold mob with little trouble?.

Thats not only stupid but it shows your little understanding of how long healers have been gods in pvp since mop, 5) you think a dps class that can 1 vs 3 is op meanwhile a healer can easily outheal 2 dps or more who arent in skype/ts to coordinate stuns/interupts is perfectly fine?, that's some complete bias **** if I ever saw it.

If your sole reason to make healers "godly" in pvp is to get more people to play them, I'm perfectly fine having a pvp match with 0 healers so all those healers can ether stick to pve dragon farming or tough it out like the rest of us, or if you really want to feel useless, go role a tank in pvp and see how that goes in bgs/arenas.
    1) I've died more than once so they clearly aren't immortal.
    2) Wait what? What is this reason? Is there some consipiracy at blizz hq or what?
    3) Ofc, why shouldn't they? Why should a dps kill a healer 1v1 when the healer can't kill the dps?
    4) Depends on the mob, Mr. Derp. World Elites, and most dungeon elites...no problemo.
    5) Oh boy, where shall I begin? Yes, you are op if you can do 3x damage/(healed hp of enemy) than others you idiot. You don't need voip to throw a fucking kick or silence at the end of a cast... There are usually swarms of derpy dps like you, they only need to find that "immortal" healer and then go ham at them. Since there are so many it shouldn't be a problem at all to not even interrupt.

Have you ever heard of this thing called roles?

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyJester View Post
    After the recent hotfix, we're right back where we started. Healers don't die. Fights drag on forever.

Played three games. Won two. Still didn't enjoy them one bit. Healers taunting me with emotes as I pointlessly try to have any lasting impact on their health or mana bars...egh. So quickly everything went back to crap.
    Dude,

1) in a 10 ppl BG usually 8 DPS 2 Healer if you can't kill with 8!! DPS one Healer while you CC the other you are just retarted
    2) in general this game is (trying) to balanced (pvp) in 3v3 who cares BG's?

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by kneehidude View Post
    Translation: "I'm bad and you need to nerf people who make me feel bad."
    Translation: "I'm a healer and I'm butthurt about the truth of how stupid pvp healing in wow really is".

Seriously, load up any other game. Would it be ok if in overwatch a mercy could outheal 3 people shooting her point blank? No. Why is that design acceptable in wow has always been beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by mittacc View Post
    1) I've died more than once so they clearly aren't immortal.
    2) Wait what? What is this reason? Is there some consipiracy at blizz hq or what?
    3) Ofc, why shouldn't they? Why should a dps kill a healer 1v1 when the healer can't kill the dps?
    4) Depends on the mob, Mr. Derp. World Elites, and most dungeon elites...no problemo.
    5) Oh boy, where shall I begin? Yes, you are op if you can do 3x damage/(healed hp of enemy) than others you idiot. You don't need voip to throw a fucking kick or silence at the end of a cast... There are usually swarms of derpy dps like you, they only need to find that "immortal" healer and then go ham at them. Since there are so many it shouldn't be a problem at all to not even interrupt.

Have you ever heard of this thing called roles?
    1. omg you died in pvp, no way like thats a world first!!!!, such a pointless waste of a response
    2. the derp is strong with you, like really
    3. if only healers had some kind of dmg abilities or have ways of staying alive tell their team peels for them.....oh wait I just broke the game for every healer out there cause they are too stupid to put anything on their hotbars besides healing spells.
    4. if a elite mob can give a healer a run for their money, guess what an actual player should too.
    5. a druid can run away and heal to full, a paladin can bubble heal to full a priest can be slightly more annoying than a resto shaman and they are probably the lest two annoying healers in the game while a MW is just as annoying as a druid. The funny thing is interupts last for 3 sec with a 15 sec cd for most of them, stuns last 5 to 6 sec depending on the class with most cds around the 30+ sec mark. With what 3 classes that have a MS/healing debuff it's even worse if you're not one of those classes that can put some sort of pressure on a healer.

Healers shouldn't be unkillable cause guess what, if a tank fights a dps, one of them will win, if a dps fights a dps one of them ill win, if a healer is fighting a dps the fight shouldn't turn into a dps hitting a target dummy that can heal. I can't even recall one time I actually saw a healer go OOM in pvp since Wotlk/BC when healers had to watch their mana and be aware of mana drain abilities in vanilla.

Then you have matches when one team has healers and the other doesn't, guess who already has a edge to win, even teams/comps with healers will have an edge over teams who don't have healers and ironically it's been a problem not only in WoW but guess what Overwatch as well.

The trinity system is old as **** and it doesnt work in pvp, tanks are pretty much useless in pvp (Swtor and WAR are the only two mmos that got tanking in pvp right), healers are there to be annoying AF unless you got a well coordinated team on ts/skype to plan out/call out stuns and interupts. Theres very few classes that can put pressure on healers, seriously try to kill a healer as a frost dk, ret paladin, fury warrior, mnk or shaman, no seriously go try and kill a healer that just doesnt face tank you cause it's gonna take awhile.

I guarantee you if healers go back to the mop days of healers, you won't have to worry about the lack of people playing healers, you will be seeing the lack of people doing pvp w/o healers so all the comps/teams that don't have healers you can expect massive amounts of afkers and quitters cause you honestly think people want to fight a class that takes 3 dps to kill them?, no seriously do you think it's fun fighting a healer that doesn't go oom and can easily get 20%-40% of their health back in a few secs.

@Hexme good posts!

I just hope that Blizzard's vision for PvP is one where healers are extremely weak. It's already a problem to deal with healers right now as certain classes and if I don't have cooldowns up, I really don't want them them to be buffed AT ALL.

If Blizzard vision is for healers to be strong then I'll lose interest in pvP instantly and that'll kill my playtime in the game as well since when I'm done pveing for the week I like to just chill and pvp the rest of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elisha View Post
    2) in general this game is (trying) to balanced (pvp) in 3v3 who cares BG's?
    This games PvP has been unplayable gutter trash garbage ever since they started trying to balance SOLEY around 3v3 in late WOTLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    The moment someone on this forum complains about elemental shaman healing a lot and camping them at the graveyard. Are you guys for real or is this some really advanced satire I don't quite understand. Because the only response to this I could possibly come up with is "Git gud".
    Elem is probably the crappiest spec in the game right now, I will give you that. But in this situation (healing rat pack premade) a dude spamming Hex and off heals left and right is annoying. Alone he is shit. But with 3 Healers to back him up and 1 warrior + 1 DH on your caster face, it is annoying.

Never said Elem was good. Sorry if it did sound like it ^^

Quote Originally Posted by kestrel View Post
    Thread over, everybody go home.
    We're talking about the hotfix changes of 09/21/16, which went live right away. Nice try though.

I just hope that Blizzard's vision for PvP is one where healers are extremely weak. It's already a problem to deal with healers right now as certain classes and if I don't have cooldowns up, I really don't want them them to be buffed AT ALL.

If Blizzard vision is for healers to be strong then I'll lose interest in pvP instantly and that'll kill my playtime in the game as well since when I'm done pveing for the week I like to just chill and pvp the rest of it.
    Ok then is your vision to take out any healer of the game. We run against us and in 30 seconds the game is over. Or wait we try to carry the flag without any heals to our base and we can zerk us for 20 min till the game is cancelled or maybe we buffs tanks so that they don't need any healers. Good idea for a interesting PVP. I think thats the master plan to quit finally the game.

Seriously I did around 150 arena games right now and none took longer than 5 min. What the hell is your problem? Just learn something about tactics and using all your skills (abilities) (not just 1 2 3 for your 3 damage spells. This is wow and not overwatch).

This games PvP has been unplayable gutter trash garbage ever since they started trying to balance SOLEY around 3v3 in late WOTLK.
    My longest arena game (2v2) before WOLTK was 1,5 hours. Because "healer needs to manage there mana" and "were easily to kill". That was the reason why a limitation was implemented.
    Last edited by Elisha; 2016-09-25 at 12:54 PM.

Sorry but your whole rant is not only flawed but stupid. Healers shouldn't be immortal in pvp, there's a reason why a good dps can still die 1 vs 1 and you honestly think a good healer should live 1 vs 1 a good dps? you honestly think that happens in pve as well that a healer can just straight up face tank a silver/gold mob with little trouble?.

Thats not only stupid but it shows your little understanding of how long healers have been gods in pvp since mop, you think a dps class that can 1 vs 3 is op meanwhile a healer can easily outheal 2 dps or more who arent in skype/ts to coordinate stuns/interupts is perfectly fine?, that's some complete bias **** if I ever saw it.

good thing they aren't and haven't been for years now, in fact expansion it gets easier and easier to faceroll them since TBC

Deleted

lol

I never said a healer should win over a dps, I think you making up your own aurgement. Never have I said a healer should kill a dps and be gods. I just countered that making healers free kill and worthless is completely stupid. Though you do good to make up things I never said and make it to an aurgement that of your own lol.

And we talking fucking random bgs, what do you expect? If you do play rated or arena, people DO communicate. If it lacks in randoms, well, not my fault people dont speak with each other. But hey, take it chill and make up more things pls.

1. omg you died in pvp, no way like thats a world first!!!!, such a pointless waste of a response
    3. if only healers had some kind of dmg abilities or have ways of staying alive tell their team peels for them.....oh wait I just broke the game for every healer out there cause they are too stupid to put anything on their hotbars besides healing spells.
    4. if a elite mob can give a healer a run for their money, guess what an actual player should too.
    5. a druid can run away and heal to full, a paladin can bubble heal to full a priest can be slightly more annoying than a resto shaman and they are probably the lest two annoying healers in the game while a MW is just as annoying as a druid. The funny thing is interupts last for 3 sec with a 15 sec cd for most of them, stuns last 5 to 6 sec depending on the class with most cds around the 30+ sec mark. With what 3 classes that have a MS/healing debuff it's even worse if you're not one of those classes that can put some sort of pressure on a healer.
    You know what? A good DPS do give a healer a run of their money. If you are bad though, you can only improve.
    Last edited by mmoc2affe961ff; 2016-09-25 at 01:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The amount of people feeding ShiyoKozuki's troll is too damn high.

Healers are so strong right now that some professional level players have considered the Healing role pretty much useless when compared to previous seasons. Healers are so strong right now that most high rank matches end up with great setups or simply stupid bursts that don't last more than 5 seconds. Healers are so strong right now that the majority of people complaining about them in this thread are Random Battleground players that believe Healers should be solo'd by ANY DPS, I say ANY because there are Specs that can solo Healers if properly played, even if on equal skill level.

I tend to agree with the professional opinion nowadays, I did give up on PvP this expansion mostly due to the new system, which made the competitive PvP way too linear and boring. This is just my personal opinion, so don't take it as a fact.

For what I've seen on streams, Healers aren't strong at all, they have the potential to be strong but most DPS specs can easily melt a player by themselves and in 3s there are 2 of them. Now, one can complain about not being able to play with X spec because it is weaker than the rest, but there will always be weak, good and strong specs. I prefer to avoid the expression "Overpowered" as it has lost its true meaning, I'd say it changed to "It is stronger than me" because everything that beats them is OP af.

People just love to complain, that's a growing trend and I'm afraid it is far from over. Everything is wrong except themselves. If you really think Healers are immortal gods of light, search multiple of them and ask for a duel so you can practice. Don't challenge only one, duel multiple players with the same spec, each player has its own style and decision making. If you can't kill any, look at what you could do with your spec to counter what they are doing, only after you've tried everything you can complain about healers and even then, the problem might be your spec and not the healer.

Please! Keep in mind that Random Battlegrounds are meaningless for PvP, there is a reason for Rated Battlegrounds and Arenas being a thing in this game. Rated PvP content is where the competitive aspect lies when it comes to PvP content.
    Random BGs used to be a Bot fest (not sure how it is now), it is a paradise for slackers, it is not the best place to learn how to PvP and how classes work but it is good enough for new players, it is the place for some players to go kill other weak players and feel good about themselves even if it means a loss for their team because they ignored the objective, and many other things that prove how useless it is to complain about balance in Random BGs.

On a side note to end this post, I've seen Holy Priests be like: "Meh, our Apotheosis can't be dispelled, that's not good enough.". Sure, Holy Priest are usually bottom tier and maybe this change won't make you top tier, but I find this a REALLY good change for us (I still play Holy Priest as main-alt). This is a pure PvP change and I consider this talent our strongest CD, Divine Hymn won't do much and Guardian Spirit is an "Oh Fuck" button that shouldn't be used half as much as I see people using it. Apotheosis is a long lasting CD that, when properly talented, can make us healing gods. We are still weak to everything we've been before, but even if the enemy manages to lock us out of combat, at least we keep the buff for a possible comeback.
    This is a PvP change so there isn't a real way to see how good it is unless we go and use it. This is just my opinion and I find it a great change to a strong CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    Translation: "I'm a healer and I'm butthurt about the truth of how stupid pvp healing in wow really is".

Seriously, load up any other game. Would it be ok if in overwatch a mercy could outheal 3 people shooting her point blank? No. Why is that design acceptable in wow has always been beyond me.
    Because you have ways to stun and interrupt in WoW. You shouldn't be able to just smash your face against the keyboard and get a free kill.

15+ Year Old Account
    Alright, we've just come down to sniping and sarcasm now.

So, in an attempt to get this back to productive discussion:
    @ShiyoKozuki @Saberstrike @Hexme

Mind sharing your vision of PvP Arena/RBGs with us? I'm honestly curious what you expect in an Arena where the set up of 2 DPS/ 1 Healer can work if one DPS can take down the Healer without aid.

Was there a previous Season where your vision was met?

Given the amount of disruption, CC and control toolkits in the game healers should never be designed to be singlehandedly killed.
    Rogues can interrupt, stun, incapacitate and silence as well as blind, if you`re a healer of greatly diminished output as opposed to now you might as well
    not take part in any PvP activity whatsoever as your spot would be better filled by someone who could actively counter that.

There are several factors to consider by this, WoW PvP will never be truly balanced, the pendulum of design swings too wildly.
    Healers probably seem far too strong in random battlegrounds than they do in arena, as random people whom you don`t know and that don`t know you
    cannot be expected to coordinate and kill a healer, though it does happen.
    Though by no means a metric to completely rely on, i do see healers die when focused, and that`s the key to killing them.

Healers shouldn't be unkillable cause guess what, if a tank fights a dps, one of them will win, if a dps fights a dps one of them ill win, if a healer is fighting a dps the fight shouldn't turn into a dps hitting a target dummy that can heal. I can't even recall one time I actually saw a healer go OOM in pvp since Wotlk/BC when healers had to watch their mana and be aware of mana drain abilities in vanilla.

Then you have matches when one team has healers and the other doesn't, guess who already has a edge to win, even teams/comps with healers will have an edge over teams who don't have healers and ironically it's been a problem not only in WoW but guess what Overwatch as well.

The trinity system is old as **** and it doesnt work in pvp, tanks are pretty much useless in pvp (Swtor and WAR are the only two mmos that got tanking in pvp right), healers are there to be annoying AF unless you got a well coordinated team on ts/skype to plan out/call out stuns and interupts. Theres very few classes that can put pressure on healers, seriously try to kill a healer as a frost dk, ret paladin, fury warrior, mnk or shaman, no seriously go try and kill a healer that just doesnt face tank you cause it's gonna take awhile.

I guarantee you if healers go back to the mop days of healers, you won't have to worry about the lack of people playing healers, you will be seeing the lack of people doing pvp w/o healers so all the comps/teams that don't have healers you can expect massive amounts of afkers and quitters cause you honestly think people want to fight a class that takes 3 dps to kill them?, no seriously do you think it's fun fighting a healer that doesn't go oom and can easily get 20%-40% of their health back in a few secs.
    1) You said healers are immortal, which I just disproved. I feel sorry for you that you can't even comprehend that...
    2) Please, do explain.
    3) Heals on my hotbars? I don't have a single heal on my action bars lol. Have you even tried healing?
    4) Well, they do. Just because you can't doesn't mean others can't.
    5) There is a difference between being able to kill and being able to survive. A dps can also heal almost their entire hp in a few seconds.