Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    Deleted

People shot dead by police in the US in 2015

What is your opinion on the actual number of people shot dead by the police in the US last year?
    These are the numbers on a population of nearly 320 million people.

I personally find the statistics interesting because I often get a completely different picture from different news/media reportings.

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...ice-shootings/

Deleted
    Fact be damned indeed.

It begs the question though. Why do media go out of their way to create a false narrative that could potentially lead to fractuing USA? Are there people behind the scenes who hope to cripple USA in some way and then take some form of advantage over it when it's vulnerable?

Deleted
    #White lives matter!

Or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    Fact be damned indeed.

It begs the question though. Why do media go out of their way to create a false narrative that could potentially lead to fractuing USA? Are there people behind the scenes who hope to cripple USA in some way and then take some form of advantage over it when it's vulnerable?
    because it's what the people in charge of the media want. it leads to more money for them.

it's one of the reasons why i have to laugh when someone from the news gets beat up on the job. like that fat cnn guy last night, that was great, they deserve it.

7+ Year Old Account
    My thoughts on it?

http://2kpcwh2r7phz1nq4jj237m22.wpen...Crime-2016.pdf

I'm surprised there's not more black people getting shot when looking at this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    My thoughts on it?

http://2kpcwh2r7phz1nq4jj237m22.wpen...Crime-2016.pdf

I'm surprised there's not more black people getting shot when looking at this.
    Great Read is this bundled with Mein Kampf?

How to do propaganda : show statistics without commenting on them.

Nice job OP.

Homophobia is so gay.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just 93 unarmed, just..
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Might sound weird but 990 per year out of 320 000 000 just doesn't seem like a big deal. Or you can compare it to vehicle deaths per year:

2011 32,479
    2012 33,561
    2013 32,719
    2014 32,675

This is definitely different from what i had in mind. Thanks for posting this, definitely eye opening.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Might sound weird but 990 per year out of 320 000 000 just doesn't seem like a big deal. Or you can compare it to vehicle deaths per year:

2011 32,479
    2012 33,561
    2013 32,719
    2014 32,675
    I agree that it's actually a low number but in proportion it's higher than other Westen countries.
    But I would have to add that the likelyhood of someone owning a gun is waaaaaay lower in other Western countries.

How about a "US shootings" megathread already? While this isn't reporting specific shooting, it's everyday occurrence anyway.

2013 32,719
    And to the usual suspects who say "but vehicles kill alot more than guns!" Really?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_vi..._United_States

Gun violence in the United States results in thousands of deaths and injuries annually.[1] According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, in 2013, there were 73,505 nonfatal firearm injuries (23.23 per 100,000 U.S. citizens);[2] 11,208 homicides (3.5 per 100,000);[3] 21,175 suicides;[4] 505 deaths due to accidental/negligent discharge of a firearm; and 2,818 deaths due to firearms-use with "undetermined intent",[4] for a total of 33,636 deaths due to "Injury by firearms",[4] or 10.6 deaths per 100,000 people.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2016-09-23 at 11:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Protect and Serve

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    That is a rate 10-100x higher, relative to population to population, than in any other West-European nation.

If we don't mind just a 100 unarmed people getting shot (often for no reason besides the cop being trigger happy), then why not also allow Death Penalty again or allow 1000 kids to get raped every year because it's just a small number? Just...

Oh, hey, also just a few hundred death because of school shootings. Not really a problem is it?
    I don't think many would say it isn't a problem, but the narrative of certain groups and the perception from the media aren't true obviously.

The media tends to focus on those killed while unarmed.

93 is still 93 too many.

Might sound weird but 990 per year out of 320 000 000 just doesn't seem like a big deal.

LOL

just for you to compare (I read the same numbers in the paper here today) germany had 10 people killed by the police in 2015 (80 000 000 people).

And what is that stupid comparison with traffic fatalities doing here?
    Why don't you compare deaths by cancer or others illnesses, too?

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    The media tends to focus on those killed while unarmed.
    and then blows it out of proportion like it's not outliers in the grand scheme.

accidents happen, mistakes are made, and some cops are bad people. but when you look at these numbers, you see it's a hell of a lot less than the media wants you to think.

the media is the cause of these riots, the media is the cause of that man's death last night(and i'll say again, i guess his black life didn't matter). the media is trash, and needs to be reigned in. the government needs to take over and the owners of the media outlets removed. they're billionaire filth attempting to spin messages to suit their favor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    [video=youtube;k8-ycSkoYfc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8-ycSkoYfc[video]

I would not want to be a cop in that nation.
    it's another thing you can blame on the media.(though, not in that case, he's a ptsd nam vet, those motherfuckers are nuts)

every single cop that gets assaulted or killed should be tattooed on the faces of the owners of the media outlets.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    Protect and Serve
    yeah i agree and they tend to do a great job of it overall... The stats are good to see, but most of BLM and their supports will simply point out that ratio wise blacks are still more likely to get shot, and its b.c. whites/america has kept them in ghetto.

A better look would be to divide some of those fields out further to show which were shown as a good shot and bad shot with a quick snip of details.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    the media is the cause of these riots
    So....Let me see if I get this right; If I go buy todays newspaper, and don't like what it says, I can go riot and loot all the jewelry stores, and it's medias fault, not mine? Nice, thanks. I'll have lots more jewelry today then!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.